THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol at him stuttering.

Stumbling and fumbling to defend his style not working in the postseason

FiGx.gif

I don't see the Pistons being close enough to trade a 23YO guard who looks to be figuring things out for a guy that doesn't put them in the same category as Philly, Boston, Milwaukee. Especially when that guy's Demar.

Just can't do it.

I mean, we are not getting any Free Agents, but I get what you are saying. Idk Demar is nice to me so maybe that is Biased haha

Am I remembering correctly that Harden actually was viewed as a good defender during his OKC years? Seem to remember him guarding Kobe a lot when the Thunder and Lakers played...

I mean, we are not getting any Free Agents, but I get what you are saying. Idk Demar is nice to me so maybe that is Biased haha
I like Demar... But he's not a difference maker at the level the Pistons need.

TBH, if I'm them, I'm probably more focused on milking whatever value I can get out of Blake and Drummond. No good way to build around them at this point.

I'd hit the reset button if I'm them.

#sametier

We've won and Russ has contributed in spots, but he's been overwhelmingly bad. MDA has to be better about running a legit offense when Russ is on court. Spam dribble handoffs and force the defense to do anything other than just sag into the paint and dare Russ to shoot.

These small sample size Net Ratings, +/- numbers being thrown around for star duos this early is kinda silly.

This is true but I'm just making fun of a couple of the MLGA doofuses who were convinced they were right about it being Russ's team after the first game of the season.

Last edited:
We've won and Russ has contributed in spots, but he's been overwhelmingly bad. MDA has to be better about running a legit offense when Russ is on court. Spam dribble handoffs and force the defense to do anything other than just sag into the paint and dare Russ to shoot.
I'd be more concerned about whether or not you actually can run a real offense when Russ is on the court...

I think the warriors poor play exposes Draymond more than Kerr imo

If Draymond could step up then GS could maybe stay afloat but he's *** if he has to be the number one or two guy

Both of 'em getting put out there but it's more on Steve Kerr to me. I knew Dray can't create his own offense consistently but when your team is getting the dog **** beat outta them from the tip-off that's a lot on coaching.

Both of 'em getting put out there but it's more on Steve Kerr to me. I knew Dray can't create his own offense consistently but when your team is getting the dog **** beat outta them from the tip-off that's a lot on coaching.
Idk. I think there's only so much a coach can do when your first or second best player can't reliably score.

I’m kind of perplexed as to how the Coach’s Challenge rule has been implemented so far this season. I’ve seen calls get upheld when it looked pretty clear that they were wrong and calls get reversed when there wasn’t clear evidence the refs blew it the first time. Weird.

I’m kind of perplexed as to how the Coach’s Challenge rule has been implemented so far this season. I’ve seen calls get upheld when it looked pretty clear that they were wrong and calls get reversed when there wasn’t clear evidence the refs blew it the first time. Weird.
It just makes me have less faith in the refs. At least before you can tell yourself 'OK maybe they had a bad angle, they don't have the benefit of instant replay like we do, etc.'. Now they have no excuse and they're still getting calls wrong. Some of these refs make six figures calling these games. They don't deserve that salary.

Last edited:
I think there should be a third party - a committee of unbiased people that review all coach's challenge post game. If they come to a conclusion that a ref still made an erroneous call despite the benefit of instant replay they should have their salary deducted.

So Kerr isn’t a good coach now because his best players are injured and the rest of the roster are a bunch of young, g-league level players? Basketball fans love sounding dumb and ridiculous.

I remember a bunch of people laughing that the celtics are gonna suck. After their first loss they’ve been playing real well but the critics wanna ignore it or treat it like a fluke. Now that Hayward’s injured and if they’ll struggle a but they’ll act like they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom