THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Favors did not sign a two year deal with them this summer :lol:

Both players are on the final year of their respective contracts on trash teams and could absolutely be bought out if there isn't a trade out there, which there probably isn't because they both make too much money.

You’re right about Favors, I swear I thought he signed a two year deal with the Pelicans this past summer. Either way, only way Favors gets traded is if the Pelicans still suck when Zion comes back. As far as Thompson...Zizic is literally the only other big man on their entire roster. I feel like there’s zero reason for them to buy out Thompson on the last year of his deal unless he randomly starts issues in the locker room with Garland and Sexton or some ****. Otherwise he’s a valuable expiring and a solid big man that a lot of other teams besides the Celtics could trade for.

MDA is an offensive genius and is the chief architect of the modern game, me as someone who is critical of him as I've been have admitted that fact. Overall coaching (adjustments, being malleable) is where he falls short.

Harden was an MVP caliber player before MDA came along but after he's on the way to becoming an all timer and pantheon type in MDA's system.

Nash wasn't that type of player and I find it hilarious on here where Kobe freaking Bryant is somehow overrated despite an indisputable resume that suggesting Nash is overrated is where the line in the sand is drawn.

Just need D’Antoni to stop bsing by playing Tucker at back up 5.

The percentages are close it’s just that Houston plays at such a high pace and started the season lazy on defense.

Harrell couldn’t even get off a clean look on Capela

You’re right about Favors, I swear I thought he signed a two year deal with the Pelicans this past summer. Either way, only way Favors gets traded is if the Pelicans still suck when Zion comes back. As far as Thompson...Zizic is literally the only other big man on their entire roster. I feel like there’s zero reason for them to buy out Thompson on the last year of his deal unless he randomly starts issues in the locker room with Garland and Sexton or some ****. Otherwise he’s a valuable expiring and a solid big man that a lot of other teams besides the Celtics could trade for.
I'm certainly not saying it's some sort of lock that he gets bought out. Was just mentioning guys that are on expiring deals playing for bad teams.

Who are some of the teams that would be hypothetically trading for him though? What are those teams willing to give up?

The percentages are close it’s just that Houston plays at such a high pace and started the season lazy on defense.

That was an impressive win for the rockets missing Gordon, house, capela getting TKO'd in the 4th and Russ with 4 fouls in the 1st

The Clippers Have to get another big before this season is done, If they are sold on Zubac god bless.

But once playoff time roles around i don't think they're gonna want Harrell playing the majority of minutes vs Centers.

MDA makes me sick with that garbage. I'm surprised he didn't run Thabo at center.

I'm still very surprised at how ineffective Harrell was. I fully expected him to go off for 25/15 that night. That was easily his worst games of the season.

Last edited:
The Clippers Have to get another big before this season is done, If they are sold on Zubac god bless.

But once playoff time roles around i don't think they're gonna want Harrell playing the majority of minutes vs Centers.

I think Doc playing Harrell 31 minutes a game and Zubac 15 let's you know what they think of him. It'll definitely be interesting. I'm assuming they'll close with Bev/Lou/Kawhi/PG/Trez which is a small lineup for sure.

Eh I'd take CP0 cause for as great of a shooter as Nash was, he didn't shoot enough. 50/40/90 and you only talking 12 shots a game? Nah going to need more than that.

How many point was he responsible for though?

I respect CP3’s talent but I always hated the way he played, dribbling the living **** out of the ball

Does it bother you?
Nah, Does it bother you that the Clippers got kawhi?

Let me guess, nah. Because the Lakers are 9-2 and never wanted or needed kawhi anyway. I mean, why would the Clippers wear braves jerseys when they have 2 cowards playing for them. Right?

All jokes aside,

Can't believe that this even has to be said but ok...
AltruisticEnchantedCrocodile-small.gif

Bruce Bowen is a spurs loyalist and his comments regarding kawhi Leonard were based on heavy spurs biases. If the goal was to sign kawhi and Bruce's comments hurt those chances, then it was right to cut him loose.

In the end, the Clippers landed kawhi, so...yep

It makes sense to give Melo a shot. They’re banged up. He isn’t worse than Anthony tolliver if he’s shooting 24% from 3. dame and CJ are playing 38 mpg each. Bazemore and Hezonja been trash. And it’s early in the G league season

you gotta try something.
Yea it only goes up from an extra washed Tolliver and anything Hezonja can do

If Melo can knock down a 3 a game that’s already better than what those cats been given

How many point was he responsible for though?

I respect CP3’s talent but I always hated the way he played, dribbling the living **** out of the ball

I'd have to imagine they were comparable in their primes. Actually CP0 was putting up 21/12 and 23/11 at his peak. And 20/10 with the Clips. Nash's MVP seasons he was at 16/12 in 05 and 19/11 in 06. So CP0 was accounting for more points while also being an elite defender.

Last edited:
I think Doc playing Harrell 31 minutes a game and Zubac 15 let's you know what they think of him. It'll definitely be interesting. I'm assuming they'll close with Bev/Lou/Kawhi/PG/Trez which is a small lineup for sure.

Doc has a weird obsession with playing Lou and Trez off the bench even though it’s a clear detriment to the team. I do think we’ll make a a couple moves before postseason start. I’m guessing a big for sure and possible a true point guard to helpPG and Kawhi

Doc has a weird obsession with playing Lou and Trez off the bench even though it’s a clear detriment to the team. I do think we’ll make a a couple moves before postseason start. I’m guessing a big for sure and possible a true point guard to helpPG and Kawhi
I’d be surprised if the offense is still sluggish in the first & third now

Reactions: HIM
Zubac i could understand starting, he plays the minutes against the traditional Bigs most nights & then Harrell off the bench gets his rhythm going against the second unit, cool.

It's the Patrick Patterson thing that throws me for a loop, Now that PG's back i wouldn't expect Patterson to be seeing the floor much at all.

I'm certainly not saying it's some sort of lock that he gets bought out. Was just mentioning guys that are on expiring deals playing for bad teams.

Who are some of the teams that would be hypothetically trading for him though? What are those teams willing to give up?

I have no idea. But I’m sure a solid big man who’s won a championship before and is an expiring at the end of the year could fetch them at least something by the deadline if they wanted to get rid of him. Buying him out just makes absolutely zero sense. Same thing with Favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom