THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto were the ones who backed out. It would've been idiotic for them to do it.
SOMEONE in that meeting room had been saying that whole time 'Guys, McGrady for Hughes?', but they were still going through with it. They backed out because I bet that dude finally snapped. Said he'd quit and let all of their skeletons out of their closets if they do this.

If you dudes think that people are gonna stay inside all summer and no beaches or anything else is going to be open to the public then y’all out of your damn minds. The air outside would have to literally turn you into a zombie in order for people to not go nuts and start protesting at some point. Also, if that was the case then damn near every local business would go under and the economy would be in a hell we wouldn’t recover from for a ridiculous amount of time. Once **** like beaches, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters and stuff like that start opening up then sports leagues will start operating again. They’ll just take the necessary precautions.

Stop listening to the news made to make you panic.

1157BAE1-EF0E-4162-8504-26D78D0DA86F.jpeg

People in middle states scared to go outside? Yall got mad space over there, your front and backyards bigger than most apartments in NYC and no one wants to step outside literally?

SOMEONE in that meeting room had been saying that whole time 'Guys, McGrady for Hughes?', but they were still going through with it. They backed out because I bet that dude finally snapped. Said he'd quit and let all of their skeletons out of their closets if they do this.
McGrady AND a 1st for Hughes. I understand Toronto TMac wasn't Orlando or Houston Tmac but cmon at that point in time neither of them were worth a lotto and a first.

Along with thousands of others, I have been calling for HORSE at All Star weekend for YEARS. Then they did it one year and it was, I think, Rondo, Durant, I don't remember who else. But it wasn't just free-for-all HORSE where one player does a shot and if he makes it the other one has to match. It was basically just a 'shooting from distance' contest. Terrible.

Have them LEGIT play HORSE.

Along with thousands of others, I have been calling for HORSE at All Star weekend for YEARS. Then they did it one year and it was, I think, Rondo, Durant, I don't remember who else. But it wasn't just free-for-all HORSE where one player does a shot and if he makes it the other one has to match. It was basically just a 'shooting from distance' contest. Terrible.

Have them LEGIT play HORSE.

They did it twice and Durant won it both times. The problem was there was zero creativity and felt kind of lifeless. It was really boring to watch. Also, they did it on an outdoor court, it wasn't part of the main Saturday night festivities.

They did it twice and Durant won it both times. The problem was there was zero creativity and felt kind of lifeless. It was really boring to watch. Also, they did it on an outdoor court, it wasn't part of the main Saturday night festivities.
Yeah KD turned it into long shooting competitions...
I might be more interested right now though. Curry, Young, Durant etc

Yeah KD turned it into long shooting competitions...
I might be more interested right now though. Curry, Young, Durant etc

It'll still turn into a long distance shooting competition. They need to find a way to reward (or punish) guys for creativity. I don't know how that would work, though.

It'll still turn into a long distance shooting competition. They need to find a way to reward (or punish) guys for creativity. I don't know how that would work, though.
In order to prevent it being simply a long distance shooting competition, my suggestion would be to have them do weird shots like shooting the ball over the backboard and into the net, or throw it off the wall and catch it and reverse dunk. Then if the next guy doesn't do that, I think a fair consequence would be, I don't know, a letter.

You know, HORSE.

(BTW, my sarcasm isn't directed at you. It's at any of the powers that be who would have them play HORSE without actually playing HORSE. Like, the game is already fixed. Don't break it.)

While I am for the freedoms of choice, they’d have to put limitations and come up with some rules to ensure it’s not just long-range shots. I’d have to watch the previous competitions but maybe something like “Only one made jumpshot”, “only one made dunk”, “only one made one-handed shot”, etc. Not those specifically but a something logical that will spur creativity and innovation while also widening the pool.

Despite being “face of the league” I would be extremely surprised if LeBron participates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom