Thee Official LeBron James = Scottie Pippen and Dywane Wade = Michael Jordan for the 2011 Finals

Originally Posted by DT43

Wade beasted in the Boston series, though.

its not about having a short memory. all i'm saying is we clearly see one guy separating himself on the highest stage, and its not Lebron. 
laugh.gif

Those other games are JUST AS IMPORTANT because you don't get to the Finals in the first place without winning those other games first. LBJ played a huge part in helping the Heat get by the two best defenses in basketball and now he's Pippen?

How are some people allowed to post around here?

For the Finals I find OP's statement to be factual in the games so far.
Kind of sucks how people WILL use a possible DWade Finals MVP as a LeBron "L".

However with the Heat still needing two more games to clinch the chip, who's to say that LeBron can't go off?

Also the series isn't over and Dallas can still take this thing, so this thread being created after three games doesn't make much sense; Scottie and Mike have never lost in their SIX Finals appearances together.

For the Finals I find OP's statement to be factual in the games so far.
Kind of sucks how people WILL use a possible DWade Finals MVP as a LeBron "L".

However with the Heat still needing two more games to clinch the chip, who's to say that LeBron can't go off?

Also the series isn't over and Dallas can still take this thing, so this thread being created after three games doesn't make much sense; Scottie and Mike have never lost in their SIX Finals appearances together.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by DubA169

because people have the nerve to compare him to MJ. scottie at the game networking for a job on the heat too. disgrace
yup, it can't both be he is the greatest of all time and the universe but also needs help from 2 other superstars
laugh.gif
 Miami Heat ftw. You two kill me. You've seen what he can do already. All because he chooses to fascilitate instead of put up shots everytime he touches the ball he's relegated to being a sidekick? Maybe if your boy would've played like LeBron the Lakers might've not gotten swept. 
tongue.gif

*Exits thread forever*
LOL if by facilitate you mean just give the ball to Wade. How many times did he get the ball tonight only to pass it back to Wade like a hot potato? Bron had a couple nice passes where he actually created the opportunity/made a play (and had the nice pass on the  GW to Bosh) but other than that Wade was doing all the heavy lifting on offense mostly creating for himself. 
If Bron is willing to defer just to win a ring then maybe his ego's not as big as people think. But don't act like it's not a fair point to bring up how odd/puzzling it is that the best player in the world shies  away from the spotlight and just does the "Pass it to Will" routine late in the game on the biggest stage. Even if you want to talk about him not carrying so much of the scoring load, he hasn't at all played up to his capabilities in this series even as a facilitator/playmaker and has looked very passive compared to past performances in the playoffs.

Who knows, maybe he drops 45 on Tuesday or puts up a triple double, but so far he's been the third best player in this series; which is a shame because we know he's capable of being far and away the best. 

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by DubA169

because people have the nerve to compare him to MJ. scottie at the game networking for a job on the heat too. disgrace
yup, it can't both be he is the greatest of all time and the universe but also needs help from 2 other superstars
laugh.gif
 Miami Heat ftw. You two kill me. You've seen what he can do already. All because he chooses to fascilitate instead of put up shots everytime he touches the ball he's relegated to being a sidekick? Maybe if your boy would've played like LeBron the Lakers might've not gotten swept. 
tongue.gif

*Exits thread forever*
LOL if by facilitate you mean just give the ball to Wade. How many times did he get the ball tonight only to pass it back to Wade like a hot potato? Bron had a couple nice passes where he actually created the opportunity/made a play (and had the nice pass on the  GW to Bosh) but other than that Wade was doing all the heavy lifting on offense mostly creating for himself. 
If Bron is willing to defer just to win a ring then maybe his ego's not as big as people think. But don't act like it's not a fair point to bring up how odd/puzzling it is that the best player in the world shies  away from the spotlight and just does the "Pass it to Will" routine late in the game on the biggest stage. Even if you want to talk about him not carrying so much of the scoring load, he hasn't at all played up to his capabilities in this series even as a facilitator/playmaker and has looked very passive compared to past performances in the playoffs.

Who knows, maybe he drops 45 on Tuesday or puts up a triple double, but so far he's been the third best player in this series; which is a shame because we know he's capable of being far and away the best. 

Yeah this is dead on as of right now. Lebron is playing the Pippen role and D Wade is just going crazy out there. Hell honestly dudes should have BEEN saying this BEFORE last summer. Look at old Jordan footage and see who plays as tough on the offense and defensive end like him. Its Wade. He's not as good as MJ (Yet or ever) but he's damn good. He's the best in the league right now IMO. But that crown is passed around like the common cold.

Yeah this is dead on as of right now. Lebron is playing the Pippen role and D Wade is just going crazy out there. Hell honestly dudes should have BEEN saying this BEFORE last summer. Look at old Jordan footage and see who plays as tough on the offense and defensive end like him. Its Wade. He's not as good as MJ (Yet or ever) but he's damn good. He's the best in the league right now IMO. But that crown is passed around like the common cold.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by freezuh

lebron needs to be more aggressive

He was more agressive compared to his Game 2 effort, but tonight the offense was ran through Wade.

No doubt about it though, Wade is the #1 option thus far in the series.

They'd have to be pretty freaking dumb for Wade not to be the #1 option. He has the favorable match up and if you haven't noticed, Dallas is sending all their double teams and defensive pile ons to LeBron, not Wade. That's why LeBron had 9 assists tonight. They pile up on LeBron, and LeBron dishes to the open man. That's what you're supposed to do. If Dallas decides to switch it up and focus their defense on Wade because the way he's been scoring, they'll have the reverse problem and LeBron will be open to score at will. Dallas is screwed either way.

He was more agressive compared to his Game 2 effort, but tonight the offense was ran through Wade.

They'd have to be pretty freaking dumb for Wade not to be the #1 option. He has the favorable match up and if you haven't noticed, Dallas is sending all their double teams and defensive pile ons to LeBron, not Wade. That's why LeBron had 9 assists tonight. They pile up on LeBron, and LeBron dishes to the open man. That's what you're supposed to do. If Dallas decides to switch it up and focus their defense on Wade because the way he's been scoring, they'll have the reverse problem and LeBron will be open to score at will. Dallas is screwed either way.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

This.

I'm surprised it took 5 pages for somebody to post this.

This.

I'm surprised it took 5 pages for somebody to post this.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

It should be clear that this is Dwyane's team, but that doesn't take away from the fact that LeBron is arguably the best basketball player in the world.

Works out for both of them if you ask me..
Why is/should that be clear? Because he has played 3 great games in a row? Now what if we went back to the Chicago serious, we definitely wouldn't be making that statement then. Why are we so hell bent on saying who team this belongs to? It isn't clear. It will never be clear. Some nights Bron has it going. Some Wade does. Some they both do. Rarely do neither of them have it going on.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

It should be clear that this is Dwyane's team, but that doesn't take away from the fact that LeBron is arguably the best basketball player in the world.

Works out for both of them if you ask me..
Why is/should that be clear? Because he has played 3 great games in a row? Now what if we went back to the Chicago serious, we definitely wouldn't be making that statement then. Why are we so hell bent on saying who team this belongs to? It isn't clear. It will never be clear. Some nights Bron has it going. Some Wade does. Some they both do. Rarely do neither of them have it going on.

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

no its not
wade was better than kobe last year as well if you look at it individually
Kobe has been out of his prime since 2008

Kobe is a proven player and Wade is a proven player.  Lebron...
tired.gif
So Bron didn't...
be the best rookie ever to come out of the last 10 - 15 yrs.

carry those bum Cavs teams to deep PO runs

win 2 MVPS, multiple AS appearances and all defense teams

hit multiple clutch dagger shots

become one of the few players 30 or younger active players, to be sure-fire HoF players.

Oh wait, Bron is not great... at all. 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

if u think brons rookie year was better than blakes then
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

are you serious? blake was nice this year but come on

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

no its not
wade was better than kobe last year as well if you look at it individually
Kobe has been out of his prime since 2008

Kobe is a proven player and Wade is a proven player.  Lebron...
tired.gif
So Bron didn't...
be the best rookie ever to come out of the last 10 - 15 yrs.

carry those bum Cavs teams to deep PO runs

win 2 MVPS, multiple AS appearances and all defense teams

hit multiple clutch dagger shots

become one of the few players 30 or younger active players, to be sure-fire HoF players.

Oh wait, Bron is not great... at all. 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

if u think brons rookie year was better than blakes then
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

are you serious? blake was nice this year but come on

cosign

cosign

Some of you Laker fans on NT make me ashamed to be a Laker fan. I've been a Laker fan for 16 years and I've never seen our fans hate another team.........no another player so much. And for what!? As far as the game last night goes, Wade was hot, why not defer to him? As someone stated earlier, this is the beauty of this team. Wade didn't play his best last series, Bron went off. Wade is playing great this series, Bron is doing what he does best, getting his teammates involved. The series isn't over, but if you think or was hoping Lebron would never get a ring, off yourself. I agree with the thread title though, only because I hold Pippen in high regards. I didnt see MJ and Pip as Batman and Robin, I saw them as Superman and Batman. Because I give Lebron a edge over Pip, as far as skill set, Bron and Wade may equal Superman and Superman IMO.

It just amazes me how we went from being the most hated team to being the haters. On second thought, I'm not going to let a few fools on a message board speak for the entire Laker Nation. There opinion is what it is, I just don't agree with it.

Some of you Laker fans on NT make me ashamed to be a Laker fan. I've been a Laker fan for 16 years and I've never seen our fans hate another team.........no another player so much. And for what!? As far as the game last night goes, Wade was hot, why not defer to him? As someone stated earlier, this is the beauty of this team. Wade didn't play his best last series, Bron went off. Wade is playing great this series, Bron is doing what he does best, getting his teammates involved. The series isn't over, but if you think or was hoping Lebron would never get a ring, off yourself. I agree with the thread title though, only because I hold Pippen in high regards. I didnt see MJ and Pip as Batman and Robin, I saw them as Superman and Batman. Because I give Lebron a edge over Pip, as far as skill set, Bron and Wade may equal Superman and Superman IMO.

It just amazes me how we went from being the most hated team to being the haters. On second thought, I'm not going to let a few fools on a message board speak for the entire Laker Nation. There opinion is what it is, I just don't agree with it.

Back
Top Bottom