THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

i just don't know how you can expect a QB to thrive with arguably the worst offensive line in football, and receivers who don't like catching the ball, but hey what i do know?

[COLOR=#red]This is probably FInns best stretch yet... well done young man.

Offensive Line, Offensive play calling fellas. Tanny's Pocket presence isn't great but when you have 8 people in your lap the second after you get the ball, not much you can do. Get smacked in the face often enough you're going to have quick feet and quick arm which can result in turnovers. Just the facts of life. [/COLOR]

“Up front we just kept taking advantage of their weak tackles and their inside guys,” Galette said after Monday night’s game. “I wish we could play them again so we could tee off on them again.”

He continued: “It was a nice win, but I don’t think that team was as good as everybody was saying. We just abused their offensive line all game.”

The Dolphins allowed quarterback Ryan Tannehill to get hit 10 times Monday, including four sacks. Miami’s 18 sacks allowed are tied for most in the league.

Miami's offensive line, to put it bluntly, is simply not playing well, which is keeping the Dolphins from being great.

Despite using high draft picks on center Mike Pouncey (first round, 2011) and left tackle Jonathan Martin (second round, 2012) in recent years, the Dolphins have only managed to assemble an offensive line that could be considered serviceable, at best.

At worst, Miami's line could be considered a liability, and for a number of reasons.

The most obvious issue is the frequency with which Tannehill has found himself under pressure while under center this season.

Not only has Tannehill been victimized by a league-high 18 sacks, including four on Monday night, but he has consistently been rushed, hit and forced to hurry throws.

Terrell Suggs began one of Miami’s final possessions by actually grabbing left tackle Jonathan Martin by the shoulders, carrying the 300-pound man back into Ryan Tannehill’s face, and while still holding on to Martin, tackling Tannehill for a sack.

And two plays later, Suggs moved over to the right side and pushed Dolphins right tackle Tyson Clabo aside as if swatting a fly before collapsing Tannehill for another sack.

A drive that began hopefully at the Dolphins’ 26 yard line, was a wreck at the 16 when Suggs finished his work. And when the Ravens used the field position gained in part by those sacks to drive for a field goal that would win this game, you saw how offensive line play matters.

How else to describe a group that came into this game on pace to give up a team-record 72 sacks for the season and actually got worse? The Dolphins yielded six sacks against Baltimore.

That means Miami is now on pace to give up 77 sacks this year.

Seventy-seven.

David Carr holds the NFL record for absorbing the most sacks of any quarterback when he was sacked 76 times while playing for the expansion Houston Texans. Do you know what that did to him?

you watch football, but you clearly don't really WATCH football. :smh:

[COLOR=#red]To your point... Drew Brees was left for dead and they drafted Rivers first overall (sort of) to replace him.

Who wants Rivers over Brees? Just takes a little more time.[/COLOR]

^
Exactly. His pocket presence is fine, when the playcalling is on target.

It goes to what I typed earlier. 7 sacks in the first half, 25 second half.

They run the ball more in the first half, and that keeps the defenses honest. It keeps Ryan and the line clean.

When they go away from the run game, and pass only, it's EASY to get at him.

Remember back to the Cleveland game. Weeden and RIchardson do their thing the first half, etc etc, then we build a lead. What happened in that fourth quarter to Wheeden? :nerd: Wake, Jordan, Starks, Vernon TEED OFF on him. :lol: We KNEW they couldn't run, so we just went over and over and over at the QB.

Colts game. Luck had us off balance all day long. Then, in the final 2 drives, they can't run, they have to throw, what happened to Andrew Luck? :nerd: We teed off on him, over and over and over and caused him to make poor throws.

Weeeiiirrrrddddd how that happens. That is what is happening to us, and Ryan. When he is clean, he gets the ball where it needs to go, the offense moves, we are productive. When we are predictable, or behind and in a come from behind, that's when we get pressured, and the line collapses, and Ryan's troubles come thru.

Run the ball against Buffalo, punt and play defense for less than 2 minutes with 70 yards to protect, we win that game just fine. Call a run pass option based on men in the box which will dictate pass, and have one of the best pass rushers in the game against a horrible right tackle, well........

Those are fixable, situational issues. Not huge flaws in a 24 year old QB.

Well, this is good news. J Martin is out for tomorrow night, meaning Tyson Clabo is right back on the field. :lol:

Also sounds like Dion Sims will be out with a toe, so we have Hartline, Wallace, Matthews, Clay and Egnew, with probably a little usage of Thigpen for our receiving core.

Do you guys think we'll run the ball more? Against the Bengals front 7?

If only we had Russell Wilson or RGIII to carry us thru this. :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Sorry bud... where as I find most things you say comical... that was never a reality other than on B/R and Sentinal... No one in the real world ever thought that.[/COLOR]

:lol: You must not be on finheaven

CP, good points that his surrounding talent isn't as good as hoped but this is a never ending circle. I've BEEN said I wanted the GM gone. You went at me for saying that too. :lol:

After a while, the ship is either fixed or sinks. Tomorrow, we are on the verge of 5 L's in a row after a 3-0 start.

And I BEEN told you the GM drafts for the coach he has. He's had to change based on Sparano, based on Philbin, based on 3-4 defense to now a 4-3 defense.

Same guy, all different coaches/schemes.

Either clear it all, or be patient and hope stability builds. We'll see which happens.

[COLOR=#red]According to Jay Glazer John Martin walked out on the team... Not sick.

Had a fight with teammates in the cafeteria, they were messing with him, he gets pissed. Smashes a tray and left. Haven't seen him since then.

Good job dolphins... good job. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, it's all gonna come down it sounds like. The lockerroom is splintering, players, coaches, GM, all gonna get cleared out.

Complete, full, rebuild. finns will be the happiest Dolphin fan in the world. Back to the 1-15 stages.

Props finns. Now both your teams are complete disasters.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m
Someone told me of serious dysfunction within the locker room. Division, anger, etc.

#Hennhill'sFault

Last edited:
i actually want to see everything burn down to the ground, and watch how long it takes for a full rebuilding process. you got what you wanted, finns :lol:

i actually want to see everything burn down to the ground, and watch how long it takes for a full rebuilding process. you got what you wanted, finns :lol:

[COLOR=#red]I've been watching that since '95 bro...
[/COLOR]

Welp, it's all gonna come down it sounds like. The lockerroom is splintering, players, coaches, GM, all gonna get cleared out.

Complete, full, rebuild. finns will be the happiest Dolphin fan in the world. Back to the 1-15 stages.

Props finns. Now both your teams are complete disasters.

You think I'm happy? This makes me sick. I knew this 4-game slide would haunt us. Imagine losing tomorrow. Stick a fork in us.

I'm confused tho, cuz you said that it's Hennehill's fault that we aren't good.

From the Saints game on, you've been blaming Hennehill and turnovers.

Wait, he doesn't get the right coaching? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Oh well, let's all just keep blaming the QB, for everything. Including knees blowing up on their own, and stuff.

:lol:

All jokes aside, if we get beat tonight, our next game isn't for 11 days, and that will be a Monday night game, against an 0-8 Tampa Bay team.

We could see MAJOR changes in between games, if we don't win tonight.

And I don't even want to bring up what would happen if we lost to Tampa Bay. :lol:

I'm confused tho, cuz you said that it's Hennehill's fault that we aren't good.

From the Saints game on, you've been blaming Hennehill and turnovers.

Wait, he doesn't get the right coaching? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Oh well, let's all just keep blaming the QB, for everything. Including knees blowing up on their own, and stuff.

:lol:

CP, Omar said that we're losing because the QB isn't very good. :tongue:

If we get crushed at home tonight I guarantee Ross goes ape @#!!

have a feeling this game is going to be a lot closer than the public thinks . the line is only -3 for a reason

rooting for the fins tonight . trying to secure either 1 or 2 come playoff time

I'm starting to believe that finnns is really a Patriots or Jets fan that has pulled one of the greatest feats in the history of trolling by pretending to be a Dolphins fan for years now and watching all the games just so he can troll this page and aggravate us all.

Last edited:
I'm starting to believe that finnns is really a Patriots or Jets fan that has pulled one of the greatest feats in the history of trolling by pretending to be a Dolphins fan for years now and watching all the games just so he can troll this page and aggravate us all.

:lol: Child please

I probably own more Phins memorabilia than everyone in this thread combined. brb still own Phins gear from 3 logos ago, brb jerseys from every Phins era, brb walls in my bedroom used to be painted in team colors

[COLOR=#red]:lol:

finns shot a picture of his stuff from a while back if i recall. he is a legit dolphins fan... just in the mold of those fans that no matter what happens he will have a negative view on things. right or wrong, he just always stays grounded in his fan-hood. [/COLOR]

I probably own more Phins memorabilia than everyone in this thread combined

Ohhh, I dunno about that good sir.

Stopped reading at Omar by the way. He could tell me the sport we're talkin about is football, played on Sunday's, and I'd think he was lyin.

Back
Top Bottom