THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

hahaha man bad ***! i have some of that stuff. love the ricky bobble, i have one but a different model. he was my favorite player, then marino in second. im crazy i know but he was a cool *** dude. wish he never left.

Time to bring out the dolphins gear and rub it in the Steelers fans faces!

Can't stop now. Stay workin. Get healthy, get stronger, get another W next week.

Wake, Soliai, Patterson, Taylor, Misi. Need ALL of them back against Brees.

Need next week's W!
Stinking patriots same record by beating 3 of the worst teams in the league lol

3-0!!!!!!

TanneKill!!!!

edit- I haven't been this proud of my team in a long long time.

Those of you who follow me on twitter know about those Superbowl victory dreams I have had this year. Those dreams felt real as hell.

It might not be this yr but this team is headed in the right direction !!!

Last edited:
We're growing as a team, and the brightest spot is exactly where it needs to be with Tannehill.

Our schedule doesn't get any easier from here on out. I really want to see if we can perform against a high powered offense in the Saints, they're definitely a better offense than we've seen thus far this yrar

I celebrated on twitter and forgot to celebrate in here! TanneTRILL!

Follow me on twitter btw if you haven't. Great times. @jaspora

Dolphins DE Cameron Wake likely out 2-3 weeks with knee injury

The Miami Dolphins might be forced to play without two-time Pro Bowl pass rusher Cameron Wake for at least a week or two.

Sources say a series of tests Wake underwent on Monday revealed "a mild" medial collateral ligament sprain in his left knee. The injury won't require surgery, but will likely sideline him two to three weeks.

That means the Dolphins (3-0) will likely play Monday night's game against the New Orleans Saints (3-0) without the team's top pass rusher, who suffered the injury on the first drive of Sunday's 27-23 victory over the Falcons.

Derrick Shelby, a former Utah standout in his second year with the Dolphins, replaced Wake as Miami's starting left defensive end, and is likely first in line to fill the void Wake's absence will create.

Shelby has contributed five tackles, two sacks and two forced fumbles in the three games he's played this season.

Also in the mix is rookie Dion Jordan, the Dolphins' third overall pick, who was used in the sub package against the Falcons, and actually played the run for the first time during the regular season against Atlanta. Jordan has contributed five tackles and one sack in his three games.

The Dolphins have brought Jordan along slowly during the exhibition and regular season because of a shoulder injury he's been nursing since February. But his productivity against Atlanta hints the former college linebacker at Oregon is ready to have more put on his plate.

Jordan will likely be used in a defensive line rotation that now features Olivier Vernon, Miami's starting right defensive end, and Shelby.

It is possible Wake won't be the only starting defensive lineman the Dolphins play without against the Saints.

Nose tackle Paul Soliai suffered a similar knee injury against the Colts and missed last Sunday's game. Soliai's status remains uncertain, which isn't good considering the Dolphins struggled stopping the run against the Falcons, which gained 146 rushing yards on 30 carries.

If Wake and Soliai miss the next two games they'll have the week six bye to recover, and its possible the Dolphins could have both starters back by the Oct. 20 home game against Buffalo, which would be an AFC East division game.

By Omar Kelly
Sun Sentinel
3:15 p.m. EDT, September 23, 2013

Dion gotta pull up his big boy pants for this one. Time to take the training wheels off.

Hopefully Patterson and Taylor can get back and at least help out the secondary while Cam and Paul get healthy.

Need Misi to get back as well, and sounds like Ellerbe is banged up real bad too. Life in the NFL, just gotta fight thru it all.

The offense seems decent at the moment. Even getting some help from Egnew, Sims, and Matthews to go along with Gibby/Hart/Wallace and Miller. Keep them healthy and just keep rotating bodies on defense to keep the games close. They've done a good job with that lately, especially in the 4th quarters (no TD's) and red zone, only 2 TD's in 5 trips for the Falcons yesterday. That bend but don't break defense. And one of the TD's came on a short field after the fumble. Not really their fault on that drive.

In limited snaps he's done ok. Each week they increase them, so he should be ready. Still raw, still makes a mistake, but dude is big out there. Had a nice goalline tackle yesterday and he pressured Ryan on his INT.

He's getting there.

[COLOR=#red]Week Three: 3-0, next vs. Saints (3-0)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]
There is a lot to say about Sunday's game, and I am excited about the outcome of it. But I will have to Tarantino this post by starting with the end first. The last two minutes of this game was pretty magical. From the line and running back blocking close to perfect, to Egnew and Sims getting their first catches and one a game winning touchdown, to Tannehill's precise decision making and pin point throws. This is the second win against a top 10 team and a team that was in the playoffs and who many consider a true super bowl contender. With all the Ryan Tanehill has No killer instinct, he isn't the guy talk going around before the season it really is a nice thing to see him really develop into Thee Leader at the most important position in football. The Dolphins haven't had a true leader in lord knows how long... almost 15 years? Great to see the Dolphins get the W Sunday against a really good team.

But just like in a Tarantino movie, a lot of bad things happen... and that is what happened during this game. I really have no idea how the Dolphins won. To start the game they give up an almost 10 minutes drive for a touchdown, quick 3 and out, then don't see the rest of the first quarter. The Dolphins won the game playing 3 Quarters of Football. This is the most amazing thing to me about this game. The first half the defense did not look good to me. A lot of the tackles were accepting, meaning an offensive player would hit Ellerbe, for example, and would tumble backwards for an extra few yards and/or a first down. I didn't see much push at all from the back half of the defense. Although the defensive line didn't have any sacks there was still plenty of pressure which was nice to see, but there was no compliment with that. Linebackers didn't fill gaps until it was too late and giving up 4.9 rushing yards per play. Again, how did they win this game?! I said last week they made a sub par player look like a star, sure enough they did it again with two players. (Snelling and Rodgers). Julio Jones got off but did not get into the endzone, that is key. He had no break away catch and run for the endzone. Nolan Carroll could have easily given that up, but with the bubble he gave Julio it prevented that. Carroll did put the Falcons on the 1 being on White though. Towards the end of the game there was an all out blitz the dolphins called, he could have easily made a play but didn't. There HAS to be a time where he gets out of that bubble and be a play maker, at the least break it up. The second half of the game is where I saw the defense step up a bit better, getting a bit more frequent stops and keep the Falcons to only 10 points. They have only given up 1 touchdown in the second half in three games... this should change next week though. This unit seems like it will really gel and settle in when the back half gets healthy. Said it from jump, the depth here is down right scary. Patterson, Davis and Taylor... missing the number 2, Nickle and 4th corner. That just won't cut it, I really hope 1 of 3 is back next weekend. It will be needed. Cam Wake is hurt, but that guy has been a monster for years and if I recall he has never sat out a game, injury or not. I would be shocked if he was out longer than a week. The line sure is missing Soliai as well, a big man with a bum knee is never good. Hopefully he can bounce back soon as well but I doubt the Phins will see him next week. Laslty Ellerbe and Misi are hurt as well, last I saw both were probable but looking pretty hurt coming out of the game. Injuries will pile up throughout the season but that is half the defense... The Offense will really need to take some of the burden off of them, especially next week. I would like to call that an A+ segue.

The Offense looked good for the most part but I personally had a Lot of head scratchers with play calling. Why wasn't Lamar Miller been given more touches? Why didn't Mike Wallace receive bubble screens, slants, hit the slot, etc? He Should have scored a Touchdown before the half, but Tanny found him too late and threw it in the wrong spot. Why didn't they go back to the 5 wide when they had success with it early and at the end of the half? Questions I have a feeling I will be asking a few times this season.

I really do not understand keeping Lamar Miller off of the field. I have NO problem having Daniel Thomas in the game at anytime with Miller or getting goal line carries. He has really been running behind his pads well so far this year, no concussions and no fumbles. But Lamar had two specific runs that could have been game breakers, both leading to scores. He just has a presence of being the man that can take it 80 yards at any moment. Pop passes, screens, flares, little digs... get him going somehow. Now he did have a Key drop that everyone let out a collective ugly grunt... but non the less he needs to be more involved. The Dolphins had a lot of success going 4 to 5 wide, Tanny is finding Clay, Matthews, Hartline, Gibson and his backs very well from there. He also found Sims and Egnew. I would like to see a bit more from those formations, seems like the Dolphins have a lot of mismatches there and can hid the offensive line a bit more. Would I as a fan like a nice I-Formation, yes... but not having the fullback, tight ends, guards or tackles to be effective to power things over and over and over again, it just isn't a reality. They can still run in a 3-wide or 4-wide set. I said above I really have no clue how they won the game... watching it back.The Dolphins were almost 60% on 3rd down conversions, made plays when they needed to but most importantly to end the half and to end the game. A lot of heart, determination and discipline (2 flags all game) to be able to get that done.

A couple of things to wrap up -
Tannehill is looking great early, but this elite or young elite talk needs to stop. He has looked good but still has a long way to go. The most important parts are there: X Factor, Clutch, The Undisputed Leader.
I cringe at what Jimmy Graham will do next week.
Brandon Gibson is a nice upgrade at slot, that guy runs routes well. But more importantly he gets that YAC. Exactly what the Dolphins need at that position.
Sturgis... 6-6. Gotta love this dependable rookie. And he is kicking from confidently and effectively from everywhere. If it were Carpenter, the Dolphins would be 1-2 possibly 0-3... He is a very important part of this team. Gotta love that kid.

All in All, damn good win and looking forward to seeing the Dolphins on Monday Night. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom