THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

Yea I said it in my game review post I didn't see Wake missing time. He really is a monster and he has never missed a game since being with the Dolphins. Cat is tough, him playing even to take a double team to free up odrick or someone to get pressure on Brees would be a big help.

There's no denying Miami fans and Miami residents are shallow. The majority of residents there live for image. Why else do you think you can't leave the house without seeing a Bentley Coupe? Everybody has to present an image for themselves and are all about "winning" so to speak. I lived down there for 15 years and I would die a happy man if I never go there again. I left because of the people.

Now I live in a football city, Pittsburgh. Are these fans dedicated? Oh F yeah! Do their games sell out? YES. When its cold? YES! But is that the only factor in being loyal fans? Nope. I literally can't leave the house without seeing somebody in a Steelers hat, shirt, or even stickered car (including off season). People here are completely different from south Floridians and its unfortunate it isn't my home team here anymore, but I still walk around in my Dolphins gear all year long. Believe it or not, sometimes I think theres more loyal Dolphins fans here in Pgh than i saw in MIA. Does the fact that Marino is from here play a huge factor in this? Absolutely. But the fact that I'm about 1200 miles from the stadium and people here know more about the team than people down there is pretty funny. People bleed football in this city and make FL look pathetic.

I'll always be a Dolphins fan, but will always know the fans down there are shallow and don't support mediocrity. I understand which angle everybody is coming from, but maybe thats because i know the mind state of the average person down there. Not trying to call anybody out particularly, but lets be realistic. Let's just take a look at the Steelers stadium this weekend, or even the Giants, and compare it to what the Dolphins stadium looks like at the beginning of an 0-3 season. It's like watching high school football lmao. Alright I'm done, time for work! GO DOLPHINS!

Fins Up!!! Should be a good game. Secondary has to do a MUCH better job in containing the WR's tonight

Realistically, we need to win either tonight, or six days from now vs the Super Bowl champs. Even splitting gets us to 4-1 going to our bye week.

Neither game will be easy, but it must be done. 4-1 is BIG difference from 3-2.

Keep it close. Pressure Brees ALL night. Run the ball. Don't turn it over. Make a play on special teams. (Like last week). And try to steal the game late.

Big game, Leggo.

14-10, our ball, midfield, 2 minute warning. Our ball to start 2nd half.

We had a game.

1 INT deletes everything. 21-0 from that point on.

Have to keep improving. Get Wake and Patterson back for Baltimore hopefully.

^I see an endless ceiling for improvement. I think we learn from this and get better. At the very least we are competing to some capacity in the 2nd

#Hennehill turnovers

Finns, I swear to God, don't start your crap again. You ain't say a damn word for 3 weeks and now you breakin out Hennehill ********. :smh:

Give that crap a rest dude. When he took down Luck and Matt Ryan you was awfully silent, don't start chirping when he watches Drew Brees go for 400 and 4 TD's.

Naw, no dissent. He does this every time we lose a game, he gets pissed and starts lashing out at the team. :lol:

I'm disappointing the Dolphins lost that game, but I still believe they have the talent to beat a team like the Saints. Tannehill and Mike Wallace have to improve together. The offense and defense have to improve. Even the play calling and coaching have to improve.

A loss like that was inevitable because the Dolphins lack the experience and poise to consistently beat the league's best . This is still a young team and they got spanked by a savvy veteran team.

Looking at the big picture the Dolphins are in a good position after 4 games. With 3 road games and the tough competition they had to face so far this season, I like where they are. Now its time for the Dolphins to lick their wounds and continue to put in the work to improve.

Last edited:
I'm happy with being 3-1 at this point. It's worlds better than what I expected, I would've been content with 2-2. Now we face a very beatable Ravens team and could very well be going into the bye 4-1, that to me is huge. Lay off Tannehill, yes he had a bad week but it was only his 20th NFL start and he had to go up in front of that insanely passionate Super Dome crowd on MNF. I'm not trying to make excuses, but even the elite QBs in this league have bad weeks. It's how he responds to this loss that will show what kind of leader he is. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything, the schedule doesn't get that much easier after the bye. We play New England twice, have to face the Bengals, the Chargers look pretty good to me this year, Carolina isn't a gimme, and Buffalo and the Jets can sneak up on you, especially considering that two of those games are away games in December. Nonetheless, this team is a serious contender for at least one of the Wild Card spots. 10-6 looks VERY doable at this point. I'm excited for what's to come.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom