THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

Good

but that beatin should be enough to declare war on who ever the next opp is

shouldnt need much motivation

I just started following Omar Kelly when the season started. What are some of the dumb things has he said... besides the Daniel Thomas stuff?

He talked about firing a gun at someone with the intent to injure. (then deleted it with the quickness, but people already had made screen grabs)

CONSTANTLY tells people how HE knows how to watch the game, and we do not.

Which is funny, given that he focuses so much on his turnover narrative, but absolutely ZERO focus on other key mistakes that are just as bad as turnovers.

Not only did he back Daniel Thomas full bore, he backed Clyde Gates, Legedu Nannee, Marlon Moore, and various other COMPLETE SCRUBS. He would say how they "wowed" him, and dominated practices, etc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's blocked almost every Dolphin fan/talent evaluator/scout type for them checking him on Twitter when he says something stupid. He'll block them and then go on about how HE knows more than anyone, he watches practice, etc. (see note above about the players that have impressed him in practice over the years :lol: )

The guy is a tool. I haven't reached out and caused an issue yet, but I know my day of getting blocked will come. It'll happen.

He talked about firing a gun at someone with the intent to injure. (then deleted it with the quickness, but people already had made screen grabs)

CONSTANTLY tells people how HE knows how to watch the game, and we do not.

Which is funny, given that he focuses so much on his turnover narrative, but absolutely ZERO focus on other key mistakes that are just as bad as turnovers.

Not only did he back Daniel Thomas full bore, he backed Clyde Gates, Legedu Nannee, Marlon Moore, and various other COMPLETE SCRUBS. He would say how they "wowed" him, and dominated practices, etc.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's blocked almost every Dolphin fan/talent evaluator/scout type for them checking him on Twitter when he says something stupid. He'll block them and then go on about how HE knows more than anyone, he watches practice, etc. (see note above about the players that have impressed him in practice over the years
laugh.gif
)

The guy is a tool. I haven't reached out and caused an issue yet, but I know my day of getting blocked will come. It'll happen.
Dolphins fan here. I never post in any season threads for some odd reason. Probably cause I never post during the season often and mostly only in the offseason in the college football thread.

Don't forget about when he came on the radio last week and stated "I want to piss all over the Dolphins fan"

Last edited:
Wait, what? :lol: :lol:

He said that? What was the context, why was he saying that? Bein funny, or someone piss him off?

Wait, what?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He said that? What was the context, why was he saying that? Bein funny, or someone piss him off?
He was on the Crowder show and all the Dolphins fans and media were riding high because we were 2-0 and instead he decides to be the guy that tells everybody how bad the Dolphins are. How they won't be a 9 or 10 win team and won't make the playoffs. Pretty much being all doom and gloom. Joe Rose the next morning pretty much spent his radio show ripping Omar Kelly and was legitimately upset by the "piss on Dolphins fans" comment.

[COLOR=#red]been busy, going on vacation... doing all the prep at home and work not to mention packing for my son and me.

I know you guys have missed my weekly long dolphins rants, should be able to get to it later today for the 1.5 of you who actually read it. I just like talking about Dolphins football.

Any who, Omar Kelly is a moron who occasionally says something correct. He really does look down on anyone who disagrees with him because he knows how to WATCH football. He trashed Ryan Tannehill during the summer, specifically saying he doesn't have any killer instinct, he isn't the guy. The last two weeks (before the saints game) he was raving about him and completely changed his tune and contradicted himself. Now can you be wrong, of course! Everyone who has every talked about sports has been wrong at one point or another. But he refuses to acknowledge it and will block any and everyone because of it. The high horse he sits on is ridiculous and I really cannot recall someone more people don't like inside the sports writers world. I'm sure someone here can throw a few names around but this dude is top 5 on that list.

I follow him because I find him so amusing and comical. Legit laugh once a day from one of his tweets.[/COLOR]

I actually went back and forth with Omar about Mike Wallace. He tried to say his drops weren't a big deal, and here he is dropping a bunch of passes so far this season. I should go at him again.

RT @finnns2003: lol and @OmarKelly wants Mike Wallace, this guy is dropping the ball more than Brandon Marshall out there» I'm such an idiot

:rofl: From Oct 21st last season. Hummm, Wallace dropping a bunch of passes for the Phins now.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 1m
"@MBrave13: Can you remind everyone that we've lost 1 GAME. Chill."» if I'm right, it's probably about to be 2. Problems haven't been fixed

This dude already penciled in a loss for us this Sunday. Like I said, classic Omar.

So finns. Miami 0 turnovers. Ravens 2.

Ravens win.

Harp on turnovers for me. Lemme hear more. Be consistent. Explain this loss without your go too Hennehill observations.

Tanney did a brilliant job in game management despite being sacked I think 5 times ..... this loss upsets me cause we played well offensively until dropped passes became a factor in the 4th smh

I am so suck of this pathetic OL man. They make me sick. If I were Incognito and Pouncey I would ask for a trade asap >:

And those dropped passes, dont get me started.

Tanny is the man. That game was not on him one bit. He put us in position to tie the game but our FG at was tipped

So finns. Miami 0 turnovers. Ravens 2.

Ravens win.

Harp on turnovers for me. Lemme hear more. Be consistent. Explain this loss without your go too Hennehill observations.

The offensive line might as well be a turnover. I have never, in my 26 years on this Earth, seen a worse pass blocking line than what we put out yesterday. There were literally plays where the ball was snapped and you blink and the QB was getting sacked.

Then the drops. The last drive was as frustrating as anything I've ever witnessed. Clay and Wallace must've combined for 5-6 drops. Hartline dropped a crucial 3rd down pass.

That was an odd game and I'm sure you know that. There is no chance of a running game developing because our linemen get no push, no penetration. Besides Pouncey, no one else worth a damn. That's on JEFF #%!!#%! IRELAND WHO'S HAD 6 SEASONS TO BUILD A LINE.

No no no no no no no no finns, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You see, there can not be ANY explanations for football games, remember? TURNOVERS, are what counts.

YOU, said that last week, even when 3 of the 4 turnovers didn't mean a damn thing, that's all you could focus on. That's all you cared about. That was your whole entire universe.

Hennehill.

Which you were still callin him yesterday.

But NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you want to talk about drops, and line play, and forget turnovers, and it was a "weird" game?

Come on man, where are the Hennehill jokes? Tell me more about how he sucks and we don't win games because of him. Tell me how turnovers are all that matters in the NFL. Don't start tryin to examine WHY games get won or lost, just use your same ol tired hashed out ******** you read Omar say. Come on now, I know you can do it.

:lol:

If you haven't figured it out yet, put the turnovers, Hennehill **** to rest and focus on what's goin on team wise. ALL around, every area. Stop blaming one thing, or one person. That's all I have been tryin to tell you since the actual Henne was here. These last 7 days gave you 2 perfect examples.

No no no no no no no no finns, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You see, there can not be ANY explanations for football games, remember? TURNOVERS, are what counts.

YOU, said that last week, even when 3 of the 4 turnovers didn't mean a damn thing, that's all you could focus on. That's all you cared about. That was your whole entire universe.

Hennehill.

Which you were still callin him yesterday.

But NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you want to talk about drops, and line play, and forget turnovers, and it was a "weird" game?

Come on man, where are the Hennehill jokes? Tell me more about how he sucks and we don't win games because of him. Tell me how turnovers are all that matters in the NFL. Don't start tryin to examine WHY games get won or lost, just use your same ol tired hashed out ******** you read Omar say. Come on now, I know you can do it.

:lol:

If you haven't figured it out yet, put the turnovers, Hennehill **** to rest and focus on what's goin on team wise. ALL around, every area. Stop blaming one thing, or one person. That's all I have been tryin to tell you since the actual Henne was here. These last 7 days gave you 2 perfect examples.

:rofl:

You're a FUNNY guy bro. Don't get it twisted, some of that @%!! is on Hennehill. He missed Wallace for 6 with an underthrow. He missed Hartline for a big gain to the left. He threw a 1 yard pass to Hartline on a 3rd and 10. He is not Andrew Luck, that's for sure. We #%^@#^@ up not getting that 1st overall in 2011.

It's on Hennehill, the WR's, the offensive line, the coaching staff... the TEAM does not look like they are ready for primetime. They will probably beat Buffalo up who has chicken #!%! at QB but this team is not beating New England if they continue playing like this.

Ok, so from Twitter, you asked how we fix this.

The answer is, it won't get "fixed" this year, it will only "improve".

The thing you are forgetting is we are EARLY in the process for THIS team. Now, you and I as Dolphin fans have been waiting forever, so it seems like a lonnnnnnnngggggg time for us.

But Ryan Tannehill just played his 21st game. Lamar Miller his 14th. Dion Jordan just played his 5th. Jamar Taylor his 2nd. Dude, we just getting started.

They should (hopefully) improve and grow as players in time. I don't mean time in years, I mean as each week passes. 1 month from now, Jordan should be X amount better than he is today. A month from that, he should be even better than next month, etc etc. This core we have built up is young, WE are all in a hurry to get wins, make playoffs, etc, but THEY are not, they are still learning.

We all want to make the playoffs this year, but why? We ain't winning the Super Bowl this year, so why do we want the playoffs? Experience. Let Tannehill get that taste. Let Miller get a feel. Let Jordan see how that week/media is. Let them ALL learn. But, they'll most likely get beat down by New England, or Denver, or Baltimore, etc.

But they'll learn from it.

See, you lost 2008 so damn much, but that **** was a damn joke. Smoke and mirrors Bill Parcells ****** ******** team. He was there to LOOK like a genius. Oh, I took a 1-15 and make the playoffs the next year. Yeah, we got our ****** ***** kicked in that game, at home, because we were fake as ****. We played the down NFC West, beat the Raiders, 9ers and Seahawks at home when they had to travel 3,000 miles to play us. We lost to Houston, New England, and Baltimore twice, the only good teams we played all year.
What happened the next year? We tried to build up that stupid gimmick offense, faced a much better schedule, and got the **** beat out of us, and Parcells bailed. :lol: :smh:

That is not what I want for THIS team. Last year, we played tough with a rookie QB, got to 7-9. This year, I hope we can get to 9-10 wins, maybe get a playoff spot, and then attack the Oline thru FA and Draft, sign 1 of the DT's, while adding 1-2 more playmakers on offense, get rid of Daniel Thomas, and then add another CB-LB to the roster. At that point, Tannehill has now progressed to 32 starts (barring injury) maybe a playoff game and he'll start to close in on his prime. 25-30ish.

If you need a playbook, go read the Ravens. Joe Flacco caught hell for years, defense and Rice, defense and Rice, that's all they had. Then he hit his prime, had 4 years under his belt, and guess what, the Ravens went to work. They lost in the AFC title game on a drop, and came back the next year. It takes a couple years.

You (and most of our fanbase) can't slow the **** down enough to see we got time. Let the damn guy learn. The way you and the rest of you Omar type folks are, you want to fire the GM, fire the coach, get another new QB, re-do the Oline, get rid of Wallace, get new running backs, get new safeties, new defensive tackles, and then maybe a cornerback. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You guys are dumb. Making sweeping changes just sets us back 3-4-5 more years, starting all over AGAIN.

Now, for just this season. Stop 5 man blocking. Start goin to 6 and sometimes 7. Keep a RB or TE in. Move the pocket. RUN the ball. Throw screens. This will help slow down pas rushes. You know why the line is getting killed? EVERY team knows EVERY PLAY. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Who the hell could block with **** like that? :lol: We have a bad oline, ok, then do something to protect them, not expose them. :smh:
Schedule. We have 3 games left against winning records. Patriots twice, Bengals once. That's it. Everything else is against teams with losing records. Bucs with a rookie QB, Jets twice with a rookie QB, Bills with a backup QB, then a rookie QB, Steelers with zero wins, Panthers with 1 win. How do we "fix" this? Beat those teams. Beat the hell out of them.

What will help with that? How bout Cameron Wake playing? Or Dimitri Patterson? Or Ellerbee, ALL of whom were out yesterday in the second half.

When they come back, our defense gets better. As Dion Jordan learns, our defense gets better. As Jamar Taylor gets better, our defense gets better. The point is, we still have a TON of room to grow, on offense, and defense. Will it all happen this season? No, probably not. But as long as everyone keeps working, and no one is Aaron Hernandez, they should get better each season as we move along.

Get healthy. Keep growing the young players. Beat the bad teams you should beat. Try to steal a win from NE and Cincy (two of those are at home) and maybe we get to 9-10 wins and see where we end up.

We are 3-2. Won on the road against a 3-2 Cleveland team. 4-1 Indy. Beat the Falcons, last year's NFC Title game loser. Lost by 3 to the champs in a game we fought without some of our best defensive players. And people are PANICKING.

We have played ZERO games with our full defense. ZERO. Not one. We're 3-2, having played 5 of our toughest games.

Get healthy. Keep the kids learning.

Not freak out after every fumble. Hennehill every bad throw. Cry over every interception off a tipped pass down by 25 points. Flip flop excuses after every week goes by.

See, this wouldn't have fit in 140 characters on Twitter, told ya. :lol:

Typing a rebuttal but here's my thoughts on the issues with the team:

Jones: Big contract went to his head and he's underperforming, very disappointed in his regression. He has been terrible so far

Wake: Sucks that he's missed time but he'll be healthy after bye. We need him badly, otherwise the pass rush has been dead

Grimes: Got embarrassed yesterday, they moved him around which is rare but he still got torched by Torrey

Wheeler/Ellerbe: Not good enough so far. Hope Ellerbe isn't hurt though

Soliai: Such an asset, I'd keep him over Starks who is also a home run hitter on defense. Both are outstanding

Misi: Still missing tackles, still not making an impact

The secondary might get Patterson back after the bye according to his agent

Back
Top Bottom