THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

If Ennis can be a solid defender for us and make some 3s itll be a good pick up.

Oden is low risk big reward imo.

Ya'll sleeping on the Myck Kabongo SL addition!

It broke my heart when the knicks pick lil Timmy mannnn

Last edited:
Myck was at the Heat's championship party after game 7
IMG]

Glad to see Rays officially back.

I wouldn't mind adding down for the right price, if he works out then great if not he sits like Rasheed Lewis and eddy curry. Getting birdman back has be more of a priority imo

I wonder if we can get both Bird and Oden. Lol.
In short, yes. As I was saying not too long ago, I saw Greg working out on campus (tOSU) and he looks way better than he did when actually played in college. He's very lean now and has improved his foot quickness. I think he'll be okay, but he's definitely humbled by the time away from basketball.

LeBron James' 20th appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated

View media item 476968"LeBron on his MJ moment and why this road to the ring was twice as tough"

SLAM

View media item 476960LeBron James on the cover of the latest SLAM magazine
slam 171 "white hot issue: no doubt it's LeBron's world, may the hate rest in peace"

SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER

NO. NAME POS. HT. WT. LAST TEAM/COLLEGE
72 Jackie Carmichael PF 6-09 240 Illinois St.
59 Ian Clark PG 6-02 173 Belmont
53 Vincent Council PG 6-02 180 Providence
71 Dewayne Dedmon C 7-00 255 Southern California
67 LeRon Dendy C 6-09 230 Darüşşafaka S.K. (Turkey)
54 Larry Drew II PG 6-02 180 UCLA
70 Michael Dunigan C 6-10 238 Air21 Express (Philippines)
8 James Ennis SG 6-07 210 Long Beach St.
66 Eric Griffin SF 6-08 189 Aurora Basket Jesi (Italy)
63 Scotty Hopson SG 6-06 204 Hapoel Eilat (Israel)
52 Cedric Jackson PG 6-03 200 New Zealand Breakers (Australasia)
42 Myck Kabongo PG 6-03 180 Texas
58 D.J. Kennedy SG 6-06 215 Rio Grande Valley Vipers (NBA D-League)
64 James Nunnally SG 6-07 205 Bakersfield Jam (NBA D-League)
60 D.J. Stephens SG 6-05 188 Memphis
24 Jarvis Varnado PF 6-09 230 Miami Heat

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/heat/2013/07/05/miami-heat-dwyane-wade-knee-injury/2490513/

Dwyane Wade, an explosive finisher and one of the most dangerous scorers in the NBA, has paid the price for his physical style of play.

As he looks ahead to the 2013-14 season and his Miami Heat chasing a third consecutive NBA championship, the Miami Heat guard understands that his game will have to change.

"The older you get, the less you want to go inside and get banged around," Wade told USA TODAY Sports. "So I want to be more of a consistent outside shooter."

Dwyane Wade, an explosive finisher and one of the most dangerous scorers in the NBA, has paid the price for his physical style of play.

As he looks ahead to the 2013-14 season and his Miami Heat chasing a third consecutive NBA championship, the Miami Heat guard understands that his game will have to change.

"The older you get, the less you want to go inside and get banged around," Wade told USA TODAY Sports. "So I want to be more of a consistent outside shooter."

The 30-year old played through knee injuries all season and into the playoffs, resulting in inconsistent play in the postseason. The San Antonio Spurs saw him as such a non-threat that they often completely ignored him on the perimeter.

"I just want to be a little more comfortable behind the arc," Wade said. "I know this year I didn't shoot as many threes, so if I have to, I want to be more confident in it."

Even with these adjustments Wade plans to make in his game, he understands that the Heat's latest title was a team effort. LeBron James was MVP in the seven-game win vs. the Spurs and Wade had 23 in that Game 7 win, it was the play of unheralded players who helped carry them to the title.

Shane Battier, Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers played key rolls in the playoffs and Finals alongside the Big Three. But according to Wade, no role player was more crucial to Miami's championship run than midseason signee Chris "Birdman" Andersen.

"When Birdman came to the team, he really changed the (center) position and gave us that athletic guy who could finish, could block shots, just did a lot of great things for us," Wade said. "Without him, I don't know if we would have been able to win a championship."

Who will be this year's Birdman? Wade doesn't know, but he says there's always room for improvement, even for a two-time defending champion.

"You always try to see if you can add something throughout the year," Wade said. "We added Birdman this year and Ray Allen over the summer and Shane Battier the summer before, so you never know. Right now I think we're a good team, but you're always looking to get better."

Even if they aren't able to add another impact player, Wade is still confident about the Heat's chances at a three-peat.

"I think we have a pretty good team," he said. "If we come back with the same team, we'll be pretty good."

Back
Top Bottom