"There is no Jordan XX4 in the works"

Posted at NiceKicks.com.

I read on many sites including NT talk about a Jordan XX4 currently underway. Gentry went on record last summer that the Jordan XX3 would be the last numberedAir Jordan, but some confusion has occurred since the Jordan XX3 press event a few weeks back.

We hit up D'Wayne Edwards, the Footwear Design Director at JB to asking him point blank - is there a Jordan XX4 in the works?

Sorry NT, I dont know how to embed my audio player. You can hear the interview here: http://www.nicekicks.com/there-is-no-jordan-xx4-dwayne-edwards/

Cool, but he didn't say that there wouldn't be a new air jordan, just that there wouldnt be an air jordan XX4 - it could still be called the aj 09 orsomething. Should have asked him that.

^ not all questions received answers ;-)

No way he was going to spill the beans of the plans for the next two years.

I am glad that we now can celebrate the XX3 without wondering if there will be a Jordan 24.

It would be utter foolishness and stupidity in hyping the 24s if the 23s haven't even pushed out completely yet.

Now it would also be foolish to stretch the AIR JORDAN signature legacy line any more !! With the COUNTDOWN release of practically all the numbered AJ, itseems geared completely for an encore of the many years and the legacy SHOES have come to known to man kind.

There better not be a AJ XX4.
smh.gif

NO 24 And Yea Jay-Z Retired after The Black Album
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Do u think that he really dosent have a pair of 23s yet?

man you know he lying about not having a pair of those shoes, think about do you think bill gates dont have the exclusive gadgets in his home before they hitthe market. its obvious he lying or thinks we are fools to believe it

XX3 should be the last Air Jordan to release. To me it takes away from something to keep adding on insignificant model numbers for no reason. It becomessloppy, redundant, and takes away from the "special" appeal of the Air Jordan's to begin with. I wanna look at these 15 years from now and marvelat my collection of what I worked hard to get. Not say damn...another sig Air Jordan comes out next year.

Originally Posted by Jordan23Head

Do u think that he really dosent have a pair of 23s yet?
Trust the fact that MANY of the designers don't have their own designs in their shoe size to actually wear. I was surprised when I foundthat out myself.

i think they just tryna surprise everyone......so next year i hope they just bust out with a release date of the XX4

I agree that the xx3 should be the last sig but it's gonna be weird not having the new air jordan. I have been getting the

new air jordan since a lil bambino. It gonna be so weird not looking forward for the new air jordan. The end of a tradition is

near.
frown.gif

i dont care if they continue on, but looking at the past 3 models (21, 22, and now 23s), they've all been garbage, so maybe it should stop here before itgets worse...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

XX3 should be the last Air Jordan to release. To me it takes away from something to keep adding on insignificant model numbers for no reason. It becomes sloppy, redundant, and takes away from the "special" appeal of the Air Jordan's to begin with. I wanna look at these 15 years from now and marvel at my collection of what I worked hard to get. Not say damn...another sig Air Jordan comes out next year.

Well said bro.

72b1576b7244549a1f0a95a69bce63af96f2b93.pjpg
I like how they are getting the media involved but still being shady about the language they use. Note it says "could" and not"will".

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Trust the fact that MANY of the designers don't have their own designs in their shoe size to actually wear. I was surprised when I found that out myself.

I guess that sense. I work in PR/advertising....and I only have a handful of the placements I landed in major daily newspapers and such. I guess I have noneed to have everything I have done -- I'd need another room store all that crap if I did (and that "other room" is reserved for kicks - lol)

I don't know about an Air Jordan XX4...but I just can't see them not making a 25th Anniversary Air Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom