There's One Thing I Don't Understand.....vol. From OG's to Youngin's: Come 1, Come All

yeah, kid. as others have said, don't worry what others think, and the only thing to get from such posts is that the person has the shoes as an image or some kind of lame status symbol. don't worry about work too, i'm in my thirties and wear jays to work every day.

I like this thread
smile.gif

I think that wearing dressed shoes like Berlutti or Weston, more casual ones like prada or Gucci is completely compatible with wearing Jordan's.

I'm 30 and I wear the shoes I feel like everyday, you should do the same.....

I honestly think SneekGeekz makes YouTube videos as a way to brand himself and promote his image. I'm not saying what the guy is doing is wrong, to each his own. But the guy doesn't really review the shoes, he just talks about them...

He'll say stuff like: "I haven't really had a chance to try these on yet, but the quality looks nice", "You got your red jumpman here, and.....a nice icy sole on the bottom..."
indifferent.gif
...and that's a review?
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

I kinda like SneekGeekz videos, dude is entertaining in his own way. But when he first started, I thought he was just an avid sneakerhead with grand thoughts of coppin sneakers he dreamed of having as a kid...like most of us. But for a guy with so many sneakers in his repertoire, he seriously lacks the knowledge of a collector or a real sneakerhead...not a knock on the guy, just my true thoughts on it.

Part of being an adult is wearing what you want to wear.

Sneakers aren't age specific. People of all ages wear sneakers, they just normally wear wack ones.

Right now it's casual Friday, I have silver 1/2's on

I'm 28 and there is no end in site. When I was growing up my moms was struggling so there were no J's in my life. I did wear Nike Basketball shoes. Now I can pretty much buy whatever I like. I think my generation will be different as we age. Heat will always be cool to wear.

look im 18 love jordans
love sbs
love nike retros
love kicks period
Jordan is a legacy to me that i will forever cherish
i will dress nicer when im older
but when its a nice day outside you
best believe im busting out my Grapes, or Lucky's
Shizzzzz nobody going stop my crazy colorway obssesion
Haters can kiss the peace sign with the index down
im on my own cloud where shoes wont get old
This was not a pointless post
good job
Jb and Nike till i die!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I only started collecting JB since 2005, I dont even wear them. I try to discipline myself by just buying the Red and Black Colorways ONLY. People dont understand when they see my closet but it makes me happy when I look at it...

I'm 27, have a decent job that fortunately allows us to dress down every day; so that allows me to rock J's every day (if I wanted to). I laugh at people who talk down on sneakerheads like it's the most immature thing ever. Who gives a damn what you do with your money as long as priorities are taken care of?? I told myself last year that if I got my hands on a pair of SJs I would be done....but who am I kidding? 2010 is gonna be yet another year up nice pickups for me. lol

I was like most everybody else a Jordan fan growing up. I can remember being in school and seeing dudes come in with the new J's on. My folks didn't have that kind of cash to throw around, so I didn't start coppin until I was about 19 or 20 years old. My thing is this, if you like wearing J's, wear them. Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks?

i wear what i like
but i do try wear them like a grown up or i should say a clean look.
i lke to wear j's even if the girl doesnt like me too.

21 is still young. when you get older you'll see that priorities change. for most people collecting is just a phase. some people, like myself, just get tired of how crazy collecting has become. I was a senior in hs when the space jams originally came out. I remember them dropping in the middle of december 2000 but I was still able to get a pair relatively easy in january 2001 from dr. jays with my x-mas money along with the columbias that came out that same month. same thing with the black/red xi's that came out the following year, they came out and i was still able to get them a month later at a local spot. I was lucky to land 2 pairs of space jams from ndc but if i didn't I wouldn't stress it. The last pair of J's i got before the jams were the blk/rd xiiis in 2004. The only jordans I try to buy now are the ones that came out when I was growing up that I originally had because they give me nostalgia, mostly xis - xvi's.

im almost 30. still wear jordans probably always will. dont care what others think. they dont put a roof over my head.

i just turned 24 Wednesday. And i am still strong into jordans and sneakers. I have grown up in the sense i only buy what i truly want. Meaning if i have drop a few hundred on sneakers, i will. Rather then buy every releases like a lot of people are doing now, just because its from jordan brand

21 years old still aint old enough to be on here complaining about this. Jordan was in the league for 5 years before you were old enough to even comprehend a television. so you watched the 98 finals and now this. Some of you cats crack me up

Will NT's opinion make you feel better about wearing your og jordans at 22?

Cmon Son!

Yup, Yup!! there is no age limit on wearing sneaks, AGE IS JUST A NUMBER! IT'S THE WISDOM THAT COUNTS!
smile.gif

As long as its appropriate to wear sneaks wear them, that's why they implement Casual Fridays right?
Lucky for me I can wear any sneaks for work. Jordans, Slip ons, and etc.
There is no retiring in shoe collection!! Heck, I know some retired old dudes that collect sneakers
To some this is a hobby, and for the others an addiction, how do we stop?
Maybe that dude was just overwhelmed, that feeling when you finally got something you want!!

There's nothing wrong collecting both. You will always have days you just want to rock some jays, than there are days you can rock a nice pair of Gucci. Just like clothes....

your opinion can sometime change on em. but idk....its gonna be a while till i start losin feelin 4 em

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

21 years old still aint old enough to be on here complaining about this. Jordan was in the league for 5 years before you were old enough to even comprehend a television. so you watched the 98 finals and now this. Some of you cats crack me up

Will NT's opinion make you feel better about wearing your og jordans at 22?

Cmon Son!

smh.gif
 Dude just shut up.

Back
Top Bottom