Things a man should be able to do. Vol Are you man enough?

Is there a reason men need to know how to do this?

What if I say fight, should all men know how to fight, and if you can't fight, are you not man enough?

Awaiting ducktales

Honestly I've never been in a real fight, but some people say I look mean/intimidating. Honestly though, who wants to fight a big black man? :lol:

To add to thread:
Be able to get hustle
Be cleanly
Know how to manscape.

Drive
Talk to women
Get a woman 20 years his senior
Tie his shoes
Romance a woman.

piss into a urinal from several feet away without getting any piss on the floor

pee in the dark through kinesthesia

climb a mountain without any rope

kill a tiger

win a fight against 5 other men

own a pit bull that is as buff as you

Last edited:
I hate threads or articles like these. You're not a man unless you do this or have done this, etc. You don't have to be able to tie a tie, be a handy man or drive manual (or drive at all for that matter) If you take care of your responsibilities and you're accountable for your actions you're a man. Period.

Last edited:
Is there a reason men need to know how to do this?

What if I say fight, should all men know how to fight, and if you can't fight, are you not man enough?

Awaiting ducktales

Honestly I've never been in a real fight, but some people say I look mean/intimidating. Honestly though, who wants to fight a big black man? :lol:

To add to thread:
Be able to get hustle
Be cleanly
Know how to manscape.

Excuse me, but what does you being black have to do with anything?

I hate threads or articles like these. You're not a man unless you do this or have done this, etc. You don't have to be able to tie a tie, be a handy man or drive transmission (or drive at all for that matter) If you take care of your responsibilities and you're accountable for your actions you're a man. Period.

Certain males need reminders of what makes them a man, their insecurities show.

Last edited:
I hate threads or articles like these. You're not a man unless you do this or have done this, etc. You don't have to be able to tie a tie, be a handy man or drive transmission (or drive at all for that matter) If you take care of your responsibilities and you're accountable for your actions you're a man. Period.

Preach!!!!!!!

Preach!!!!!!!

So if a woman made a similar thread and got responses like breast feed a baby, change a diaper, sew a hem, etc. would she be labeled as insecure or in touch with her femininity and gender role? Roles have been defined for genders due to our natural inclinations, generally speaking, to take on certain responsibilities in relationships and families. What's insecure about knowing what your strengths and abilities are and developing skills that you think will be useful in a traditional relationship?

Serious question.

I hate threads or articles like these. You're not a man unless you do this or have done this, etc. You don't have to be able to tie a tie, be a handy man or drive manual (or drive at all for that matter) If you take care of your responsibilities and you're accountable for your actions you're a man. Period.

Actually, having a penis passed the age of 18 makes you a man, but obviously we're talking about gender roles.

Last edited:
So if a woman made a similar thread and got responses like breast feed a baby, change a diaper, sew a hem, etc. would she be labeled as insecure or in touch with her femininity and gender role? Roles have been defined for genders due to our natural inclinations, generally speaking, to take on certain responsibilities in relationships and families. What's insecure about knowing what your strengths and abilities are and developing skills that you think will be useful in a traditional relationship?

Serious question.

Have your read the responses in the this thread? Know how to drive stick? Know how to BBQ? Know how to change an oil? REALLY?!?

Those are the type of things you need to know in order to be a man?

You're really comparing a woman breast feeding her own child to a man needing to know how to cut his own hair?

Okay.

Last edited:

Serious question.
Actually, having a penis passed the age of 18 makes you a man, but obviously we're talking about gender roles.

Being 18 doesn't make you a man. Lot of 30 year old boys walking around nowadays. How does being able to do any of the things listed ITT make you more of a man? At the most basic level a man should take care of his responsibilities and be accountable. Dude who works hard and takes care of his family, but doesn't have a car is less or a man? Or if a dude can't get girls he's not a man? I realize that I'm on a message board about sneakers but almost everything I see on lists like this involve owning certain things or chasing women and for alot of men, those simply aren't priorities. No need to strip them of their manhood for it.

bench press your own weight.

deadlift and squat for bonus man points. :smokin

Last edited:
bench press your own weight.

deadlift and squat for bonus man points.
smokin.gif
and be able to do a pull up 

Serious question.

Being 18 doesn't make you a man. Lot of 30 year old boys walking around nowadays. How does being able to do any of the things listed ITT make you more of a man? At the most basic level a man should take care of his responsibilities and be accountable. Dude who works hard and takes care of his family, but doesn't have a car is less or a man? Or if a dude can't get girls he's not a man? I realize that I'm on a message board about sneakers but almost everything I see on lists like this involve owning certain things or chasing women and for alot of men, those simply aren't priorities. No need to strip them of their manhood for it.

So much this...

9-5ers with a moral code formed around fake *** gangster rap lyrics :smh:

Have your read the responses in the this thread? Know how to drive stick? Know how to BBQ? Know how to change an oil? REALLY?!?

You're really comparing a woman breast feeding her own child to a man needing to know how to cut his own hair?

Okay.

Are you ignoring gender roles in society or are you pretending they don't exist? The thread topic is not "THINGS THAT MAKE YOU A MAN". It's "Things a man should be able to do."

And believe it or not, some women don't breast feed even though they were born with two breasts created solely for that purpose. Why do you think formula is locked behind counters at the grocery store? So yeah, I am comparing these things because not all women participate in gender roles, the same as some men not participating in gender roles.

Last edited:

Okay.

Are you ignoring gender roles in society or are you pretending they don't exist? The thread topic is not "THINGS THAT MAKE YOU A MAN". It's "Things a man should be able to do. VOL. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?"

And believe it or not, some women don't breast feed even though they were born with two breasts created solely for that purpose. Why do you think formula is locked behind counters at the grocery store? So yeah, I am comparing these things because not all women participate in gender roles, the same as some men not participating in gender roles.

Do I need to say more? Or are you going to keep arguing until you feel you've won?

Last edited:

18 isn't the age of adulthood? And who said anything about possessions making you a man?

What planet am I on right now? Dudes get butthurt these days over simple ****. :lol:

Last edited:
I feel manly every morning when I wake up and rub my hairy chest and slap the wood on my gf. I didn't need a thread for that.

Being a responsible providing father doesn't hurt either. Your thread, stay up.

Back
Top Bottom