Things that annoy me: The flight edition

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I had a flight from New York to Dubai and went with 4 other people so they got a row to themselves. I had to sit next to this fat lady who made me take the window seat so she could stretch her legs in the aisle. Anytime I needed to piss, I had to beg her to move. She purposely took up all the space and pretty much pushed my up against the window. After about 8 hrs on the flight I said %$# it and just shoved my way out and took a seat next to this British dude. Turns out he was a cool dude. The lady called a flight attendant and complained about me, but thankfully that American political correctness bs doesn't work overseas and the attendant took my side

Cliff Notes- Fat lady took both our seats and tortured me 
Don't they make obese people pay for two seats....
nerd.gif
 She was just getting her money's worth 
roll.gif

Crying children & delays. The last 3 flights I've had were delayed, the shortest being 3 hours.

The one last March... I ended up getting a free first class upgrade which was awesome starting when they announce first class boarding and there's all these stuffy men in suits & there I am, in camo shorts, the Escobar LCN shirt & playoff XII's. I got asked what team I played for twice (none) and a few odd looks.

Then there's the meal (cheese tortellini, a shrimp cocktail, garlic bread & dessert was chocolate ice cream w/a piece of raspberry cheesecake) and the free drinks. I got cut off :c/

Crying children & delays. The last 3 flights I've had were delayed, the shortest being 3 hours.

The one last March... I ended up getting a free first class upgrade which was awesome starting when they announce first class boarding and there's all these stuffy men in suits & there I am, in camo shorts, the Escobar LCN shirt & playoff XII's. I got asked what team I played for twice (none) and a few odd looks.

Then there's the meal (cheese tortellini, a shrimp cocktail, garlic bread & dessert was chocolate ice cream w/a piece of raspberry cheesecake) and the free drinks. I got cut off :c/

AZwildcats wrote: 

The lady called a flight attendant and complained about me, but thankfully that American political correctness bs doesn't work overseas and the attendant took my side

What did she complain about?

AZwildcats wrote: 

The lady called a flight attendant and complained about me, but thankfully that American political correctness bs doesn't work overseas and the attendant took my side

What did she complain about?

If I sit next to omeone real fat I sometimes ask to be moved, while sitting next to them. Works every time, sometimes you get upgraded to another class.

When a kid is being a brat Ill tell them to stop, same goes for people kicking my seat, Im not afraid to say something to them, even the uptight 80 year old women.

One time when we were flying from Kenya to Ethiopia there was this american chick complaining about everything and you could tell her boyfriend was embaressed but he was to much of a simp to tell her to shut the *#!+ up. She was complaining to the stewardess about not getting a refill on her wine or some other outlandish #%%$ for the 15th time when she finally gave up asking them because they had started to blow her off, she then asks to speak to the chief stewardess. Chief Stewardess shows up and tells her "shut the *#!+ up, this is my plane!" with a finger in her face, and the american chick was so taken aback, I was dying in the row behind her tryin not to laugh. Then when the chief stewardess walked down our row offering people coffee she looked at the american chick and her boyfriend, went "PSHHHH!" and skipped em.

Gotta love Ethiopian Airways man

If I sit next to omeone real fat I sometimes ask to be moved, while sitting next to them. Works every time, sometimes you get upgraded to another class.

When a kid is being a brat Ill tell them to stop, same goes for people kicking my seat, Im not afraid to say something to them, even the uptight 80 year old women.

One time when we were flying from Kenya to Ethiopia there was this american chick complaining about everything and you could tell her boyfriend was embaressed but he was to much of a simp to tell her to shut the *#!+ up. She was complaining to the stewardess about not getting a refill on her wine or some other outlandish #%%$ for the 15th time when she finally gave up asking them because they had started to blow her off, she then asks to speak to the chief stewardess. Chief Stewardess shows up and tells her "shut the *#!+ up, this is my plane!" with a finger in her face, and the american chick was so taken aback, I was dying in the row behind her tryin not to laugh. Then when the chief stewardess walked down our row offering people coffee she looked at the american chick and her boyfriend, went "PSHHHH!" and skipped em.

Gotta love Ethiopian Airways man

-Delays....had a flight delayed 3 hours and that was bad, but I know there are people that have dealt with far worse.
But the worst delay I had was when I was flying from San Jose to San Diego; the plane was in Los Angeles but it had to turn back because San Diego airport was closed due to fog. Since it was a night flight, they flew all the way back to San Jose and everyone had to re-book a flight for later in the week...it's just annoying. Happens one time it's no big deal though.
-Crying babies, especially if it lasts the whole flight.
-When you're traveling alone and decide to take a window seat a really fat dude ends up taking the middle seat.

-Delays....had a flight delayed 3 hours and that was bad, but I know there are people that have dealt with far worse.
But the worst delay I had was when I was flying from San Jose to San Diego; the plane was in Los Angeles but it had to turn back because San Diego airport was closed due to fog. Since it was a night flight, they flew all the way back to San Jose and everyone had to re-book a flight for later in the week...it's just annoying. Happens one time it's no big deal though.
-Crying babies, especially if it lasts the whole flight.
-When you're traveling alone and decide to take a window seat a really fat dude ends up taking the middle seat.

i had a guy near me who was rifling through his phone the whole flight while the keypad tone volume was (apparently) on High.

drove me nuts, but what are you gonna do

i had a guy near me who was rifling through his phone the whole flight while the keypad tone volume was (apparently) on High.

drove me nuts, but what are you gonna do

most people dont know what a REAL delay is. It took me 42 hours to get from Nairobi to Miami last time, its 6 hours to London from Nairobi and 8 from London to Miami....

most people dont know what a REAL delay is. It took me 42 hours to get from Nairobi to Miami last time, its 6 hours to London from Nairobi and 8 from London to Miami....

the worse is sitting in a plane next to someone thats sick.. all coughing and sneezing.

the best is sitting in the middle of a bunch of hot girls on the way to hawaii
smile.gif

the worse is sitting in a plane next to someone thats sick.. all coughing and sneezing.

the best is sitting in the middle of a bunch of hot girls on the way to hawaii
smile.gif

Things during a flight that annoy me is when the Flight attendants get in the way with the little food cart while trying to go to the bathroom I hate when that happens!!

Things during a flight that annoy me is when the Flight attendants get in the way with the little food cart while trying to go to the bathroom I hate when that happens!!

On one flight, I chose an aisle seat. They let in people with children first, so when I finally got to my seat, this woman with her baby asked if she could switch with me (she had the seat next to me). Figured I wouldn't deny a mother and her baby and they probably would be getting up more often than I would ... AND they were already in my seat
ohwell.gif

Baby kept crying and I'm not sure what she ate, but she vomited at one point during the 16 hr flight... I'm talking PROJECTILE VOMITING
sick.gif
right on the back of the seat in front. Luckily, none of it got on me (
pimp.gif
). She had a flight attendant hold her baby while she cleaned up and even asked if they could wash the baby blanket (
30t6p3b.gif
).

I don't know how (I think it was because the mother had to use the restroom??), but at one point, I was holding her baby
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
.. she was clean and did not vomit thankfully.

On one flight, I chose an aisle seat. They let in people with children first, so when I finally got to my seat, this woman with her baby asked if she could switch with me (she had the seat next to me). Figured I wouldn't deny a mother and her baby and they probably would be getting up more often than I would ... AND they were already in my seat
ohwell.gif

Baby kept crying and I'm not sure what she ate, but she vomited at one point during the 16 hr flight... I'm talking PROJECTILE VOMITING
sick.gif
right on the back of the seat in front. Luckily, none of it got on me (
pimp.gif
). She had a flight attendant hold her baby while she cleaned up and even asked if they could wash the baby blanket (
30t6p3b.gif
).

I don't know how (I think it was because the mother had to use the restroom??), but at one point, I was holding her baby
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
.. she was clean and did not vomit thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom