Thinkin' bout moving to Atlanta, GA. ATL residents or those who've been, how is it?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

We should just all my within the same damn neighborhood...
laugh.gif
Been wanting to make the move to GA for quite some time...got my close family all in Stockbridge. My homie lived in the Bronx up until a year ago, got himself a job with Delta, and relocated there.

Just how hard is it to get a job?

I mean, they say it's hard to get a job here in NYC, but it can be done if you're persistent.  And yeah man it'll be cool to have a fellow NY'er/NT'er to hang with.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Yeah we #1 in fashion material stuff, but hell a lot of cats still in their Mom's apt sharing a room with thier siblings awaiting their parents to decease so they can take over the lease..
honestly, every type of social scene down here is a couple of steps behind NY...plus there's always something to do in NY versus events being spread out...for example, i'm into art and the museum down here is just now getting a Kaws exhibition...had i been in NY, i would've seen about 5 a couple of years back...Atlanta is just too slow for me...
how much are you spending in all your monthly expenses??? have you ever considered moving out to NJ and traveling??? is it tough to get a job up there???

It's funny this topic came up. I live in nyc and drove down here to spend a week with my moms, took a vacation from work. It's boring down here. I haven't been downtown yet, i hear it's pretty poppin over there. They live in Snellville to be exact, only thing I like down here compared to nyc is driving, not too many lights and stop signs or bumper to bumper traffic. Other than that I'll keep it as a vacation spot when i just wanna go to my moms for some good jamaican cooked food and relax.

The job market is pretty tough since Atl is a transient city. However it can be done. I'm originally from Atl and I just moved to Milwaukee in July for a job. iLost. You will love it tho. Its a lot different from NY but everyone I've met that comes from NY 2 ATL likes it.

As far as living, $1000/mo will get you some real playa shxt in ATL. If you're thinking about city living try the Midtown/Inman Park/Buckhead area. $1000 will def get you in there. Plus its close to public transportation. Everyone else is right tho. You will need a car. Marta is cool but it won't take you everywhere.

Oh yeah, SOON as you get there hit this club called compound on a sat night and get your roster in order(thank me later). The amount of good looking professional women down there is unreal.

Honestly it's becoming the norm for young dudes who've lived in NYC their whole lives, experienced it all, and tired of it, to relocate elsewhere. NYC is growing to be expensive, and I'm looking for possible destinations myself to relocate after I graduate as well. ATL sounds cool, but like everyone else mentioned nothing will ever compare to NYC. If the right opportunity arrives however, I'll take it. Shouldn't be hard to pull shorties anywhere else too with our NYC experience, these girls are straight birds nowadays in NY.

Originally Posted by Young Street86

The job market is pretty tough since Atl is a transient city. However it can be done. I'm originally from Atl and I just moved to Milwaukee in July for a job. iLost. You will love it tho. Its a lot different from NY but everyone I've met that comes from NY 2 ATL likes it.

As far as living, $1000/mo will get you some real playa shxt in ATL. If you're thinking about city living try the Midtown/Inman Park/Buckhead area. $1000 will def get you in there. Plus its close to public transportation. Everyone else is right tho. You will need a car. Marta is cool but it won't take you everywhere.

Oh yeah, SOON as you get there hit this club called compound on a sat night and get your roster in order(thank me later). The amount of good looking professional women down there is unreal.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!

Son, Compound is a haven for chicks, G!...

I went for my 1st time on Independence Day weekend... The amount of chicks there was unreal!!!...
pimp.gif

I didnt even think it would even be that packed considering how big the club is, but its crazy in there...

My cousin does promo for Upscale Ent. down there, so he showed us around Compound when they had an event there...

I've been contemplating on that move to ATL, but I only want to live there for about 5 years or so, then return home...

I have a bunch of family and friends between Atlanta and Athens...

Plus it may be easy for me to transfer jobs since we have a headquarters building located downtown Atlanta...

I've looked into real estate down there, and they have a bunch of nice property down for cheap...

I just have to make my mind up on making that move... :/

Listen to me O.P. I went down there in may for my birthday with some homies and I have never had so much fun on a vacation. I'm from L.A. and fam is from NY so I'm very familiar with both. If you are a single black male that likes black women even remotely (hell even men) you will be in black man heaven. I have never seen as many thirsty #!# dimes as I pulled in Atl. I literally pulled every girl I approached the whole trip! I don't approach women unless they are BAD and I had 18 new numbers in my phone by the time I left. I went to Compound, Velvet room, Opera, twist and Onyx and hell the strip club was more poppin then clubs in L.A. when you have that L.A. or N.Y. or chicago style and energy you are a king down there. Just talking about this %#$@ with you is making me excited. I couldn't live down there personally, all I would do is have sex and get caught up, I know me and I know how big butts effect my logic and EVERY chick has butt cheeks out there. God Bless Atlanta and all the women that move down there in pursuit of being video models, actresses or gold diggers. I feasted down there king and I promise you will to. Club lines are like 85% chicks, no lie. Chicks are fighting for straight men down there dude.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Listen to me O.P. I went down there in may for my birthday with some homies and I have never had so much fun on a vacation. I'm from L.A. and fam is from NY so I'm very familiar with both. If you are a single black male that likes black women even remotely (hell even men) you will be in black man heaven. I have never seen as many thirsty #!# dimes as I pulled in Atl. I literally pulled every girl I approached the whole trip! I don't approach women unless they are BAD and I had 18 new numbers in my phone by the time I left. I went to Compound, Velvet room, Opera, twist and Onyx and hell the strip club was more poppin then clubs in L.A. when you have that L.A. or N.Y. or chicago style and energy you are a king down there. Just talking about this %#$@ with you is making me excited. I couldn't live down there personally, all I would do is have sex and get caught up, I know me and I know how big butts effect my logic and EVERY chick has butt cheeks out there. God Bless Atlanta and all the women that move down there in pursuit of being video models, actresses or gold diggers. I feasted down there king and I promise you will to. Club lines are like 85% chicks, no lie. Chicks are fighting for straight men down there dude.

roll.gif
pimp.gif
  The Pharaoh. 
Yeah that's funny because a lot of people say that most of the dudes are either gay or bi.  That's bananas.  I went to Augusta, GA before and the females there were quite healthy in the glute section.

I appreciate the feedback that all of you have given me.  It's definitely something that I'm seriously considering.

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

Honestly it's becoming the norm for young dudes who've lived in NYC their whole lives, experienced it all, and tired of it, to relocate elsewhere. NYC is growing to be expensive, and I'm looking for possible destinations myself to relocate after I graduate as well. ATL sounds cool, but like everyone else mentioned nothing will ever compare to NYC. If the right opportunity arrives however, I'll take it. Shouldn't be hard to pull shorties anywhere else too with our NYC experience, these girls are straight birds nowadays in NY.

Pretty much bro. I mean I love NYC, it made me who I am, and my memories will be fond, but I feel like it's time to turn the page. I gotta think long term.  And I can't stress the quality of life thing as well. And yeah these females in NYC, or at least a high percentage of @%+%+ these days. 

And you're right it won't be hard.  

I went to school there and lived in ATL for a few years...

-Lots of chicks, dat mass everywhere (girls from all ova the country too) and they luv outta town dudes to so its easy
-everything is far and its alotta traffic
-job market not that good rite now
-clubbin is crazy down there, always something goin on...but if you not a big party person you will get bored quick cuz not alot to do besides club
-your money will go way farther in ATL than NYC

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

what if your not a black male...is ATL non-black friendly...?

You should be good man
laugh.gif
. What's your ethnicity?

I know I gotta get used to seeing blk females, because I don't really date them here in NYC.  Too ghetto for me.  And Yes I'm blk.

yeah you'll be good fam. its pretty diverse here... i still think all yall NYC cats are buggin tho, its waaay doper up there.

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

yeah you'll be good fam. its pretty diverse here... i still think all yall NYC cats are buggin tho, its waaay doper up there.

No question it is, but you payin' out the !#@ to stay here. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

You'll need a car very spread out city.

Lower cost of living.

More for your money in terms of land/property.

Most people don't live IN the city limits of atlanta. That 5 Million+ number comes from the metro area. But its all considered the A.

More slow but there is a social scene present. Tons of restaurants and night life.

The city is growing...
Pretty much spot on

Women to men ratio is about 10-1 too
pimp.gif
(not exact on the actual number)

Bout to finish college soon, and I'm considering making the leap.  I've been living in NYC for the majority of my life and I don't wanna spend the rest of my life paying out all this money to live in a box, I dont wanna rely on laundrymats and I just look at the quality of life.  NYC is lovely, yeah we #1 in fashion etc but there's more to life than that. I've done research on Atlanta in my spare time, but hey would like tyo get feedback from here as well.

I'm trying to go to NYC for fashion (FIT maybe) I am the total opposite. Been in ATL a vast majority of my life (19 out of 28 yrs). Give me some things about NYC and I can give you some pointers on ATL.

Here is one: Car is essential even if you plan to live inside I-285. Also, life is a little bit slowed down on a cultural level. Although we tend to be more friendly.  Best places to live: Alpharetta, Buckhead, Roswell, Peachtree City, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Midtown Atlanta (especially any lofts), Decatur, and around the Lindbergh area. Cost of living is really really cheap. 

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Im from Atlanta, and i still live here. a lot of stuff in this thread is pretty accurate for the most part. the job market is really tough down here now.

Honestly OP NYC is where im trying to get to. i wouldnt mind doing a space swap with you.....srsly

That makes two of us ..

Atlanta ? people out there disgusting ive been no thanks im not trying to deal with ignorant kids out there with there 1,000 cars and 3,000 rims they should nuke dirty $@! ATL
devil.gif

laugh.gif

just watched the entire 1st season of "The Walking Dead"... i wouldnt go to ATL, its been overtaken

yeah. i can def. see myself getting a spot in ATL.

me & wifey went last weekend for the WTT concert... the city is pretty
pimp.gif

The Bronx.  I'm paying 1,000 and change for a 1 bedroom.  Not to mention Con Ed, Cable, metrocards, etc  Whereas I can score a nice townhouse for that price if not lesser.

eek.gif
 gatdamn...yea homie make that move down south. Any major city in the south and you living like a real champ in a great area of the city. 

i stay in midtown Raleigh...middle of everthing...i pay 945 for a 1200 ft 2 bd room. def move to the south home and stack that money.   

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

roll.gif

yo realtalk dog...i really appreciate everytime you post(pause)...you bring the knowledge and the lulz.

Back
Top Bottom