Thinking About Quitting My Job

i had quit my job in aug cause i was jus piss off at life.  i srsly thought (or hope) the world would end dec 21 but it didnt.

now ive been job hunting for the last 2 months.  srsly think before u do it... write down your plan... if it seems crazy then jus stick to your job until you got a good plan.

I want to quit my job also, but I don't have that luxury right now. I have been going hard to find another gig though. These long hours and no weekends off are a no go for me.

thinking of doing the same.

my end goal is to make money online. cant do that with this crappy job with long hours. its just gonna get worse and worse, its just a matter of time before i snap and leave..

crazy how i come on NT an ppl felt the same way i felt today

OP..........i was just browsing every category of craigslist to spark some ideas thru my head before i came on NT.

i did that almost exactly 3 years ago...bounced on a nice cushy wall street job.

after i left, i moved to California and got a few jobs working odds and ends. anything that had me up in a cubicle i couldn't stand and quit on those, too. the only job i really enjoyed out of the ones i got since i left was my last one - i was the IT manager for a restaurant conglomerate. meaning i worked on all the computers AT all of the restaurants that this dude owns (5 restaurants). the job was really nothing anyone respects, but it was a good time for me. i really enjoyed myself.

i have definitely had **A LOT** less cash in my hand since i left NY. but, not being in the city made it almost unnecessary. no real need to floss, no real need for expensive lunches and dinners and the endless stream of expenses one encounters living in a city.

if i could go back in time, i might have changed a few things, but overall - HELL YEAH I'D LEAVE THAT JOB AGAIN. life is too short to be miserable about work.

i dont know you from a s/n on NT but i have a lot of respect for you.

plus i wanna go to cali

Last edited:
you should at least have something lined up or money saved. i been doing the part-time thing. it allows me to earn an income but also gives me freedom to look for a job. it's nice to have a few days off but im looking to getting back into things.

any hiring managers in here or HR people? applied for a job and lady left me a message to call her back. called her and left a message and she aint called back. tried the next few days and it goes straight to voice. **** is frustrating because why would you contact me and not call me back. should i just leave another message?

I actually did this late last year. I ended up getting something better 3 weeks later. Sometimes you have to put your foot down, stop getting walked over, and then put max effort into finding something better and marketing yourself.

i've walked off a few jobs for being treated like crap with no new work lined up. but that's different then what he's doing i think .

Good luck and I agree, you must pursue dreams.

But like most mentioned, having a stable job until you've layed the foundations of a businesses is the wisest choice.

i dont know you from a s/n on NT but i have a lot of respect for you.

plus i wanna go to cali

ha...that's cool...thanks man.

you should go to cali...everything is pretty much secondary to the weather and your surroundings (instead of the other way around).

I don't know why anyone would just quit their job
indifferent.gif

Man I do...and there are tons of reasons why a dude would just quit. 

Strategize your exit and leave my man! Their is no sense in doing something you have no interest in, specially when the monetary doesn't justify the sacrifice you've to endure.

I'm not gonna go into details about my life to give you a form of example, but trust yourself and your intuitions. You will thank yourself later!
This. Don't listen to no one, not even me if you want. But that intuition you have is correct.  An inkling to greater things. My man above is hinting at it here as well

I did the same thing, had a job paying close to $40k and I just started. I was close to $50k in a 1.5 year span. It didnt feel right, it was legitly crooked as well lol, but i was getting paid. I could not ignore the voice though that told me man was not made to be confined working 8 hrs a day + commute. How will he really enjoy this rock called Earth if his time is so monopolized? Your boss would have to compensate you in the hundred-thousands to be really fair to any human. After many altercations, I finally left. Now I dont know how many jobs you can spazz out in and still keep your job but i was wilding. Walking off the job, cursing supervisors, and all because I was the hardest worker but still, i was always pushing it and they always gave me more money to stay run the ship, They would even chase after me and try to console me lol Nah, that was a trap. Brothers, be afraid of complacency. Being comfortable after you've done it all or been through it all is natural but NO, not now. Think like the rich old man that has the young girlfriend. You're not missing nothing and age is just a number for real. Go for YOURS now and enjoy the ride while making your name. But remember life is flexible enough to make all possible conceptions of living possible. Its your prerogative if you wanna lay up, or work for the "man" for peanuts, or even YOLO it to death. Some people have kids and commitments that would make this type of endeavor a selfish one to think of as well, so if thats you its more complicated. No 1 way is right, but all of them are based on some type of dependency which is what you're trying to break from ultimately. Move like water  

I'm not balling outta control for those with the current era perceptions but i want for nothing (i cop everything I really want) and i'm in school pursuing a degree to give back to the local & global community somehow. This is what i really wanted and the universe supports me through it all. The money comes cause its not real. Go and better yourself and if the causes are right  and you have good intentions, you'll piss on the money you were getting before, Trust. Just don't think about the money.

Your plan is not the same as mine, but brother take that step. Plot an exit strategy and meditate on that but only you can step out the situation, no one can take you out of it. The forces that be wont make it easy because this is the ultimate prize. If you read through all the advice in this thread, you will probably get a 50/50 split which is by design. Nothing great in life comes easy, which are why these decisions are hard. it makes the reflection and after conversation satisfying and more fulfilling. Go for it and I wish you luck, though you really dont need it. The fear is programmed, your freedom is waiting

Sorry for writing all this, dont eem care if you didnt eem read it lol....  My part is done

Last edited:
I think about doing this every work day. (Call center life).. I would say not to do it. You can easily work on your passion/dream after work hours and get somewhat closer to having a successful business without cutting off your main source of income. I've been doing just that for a while and it's hard but worth it.

Strategize your exit and leave my man! Their is no sense in doing something you have no interest in, specially when the monetary doesn't justify the sacrifice you've to endure.

I'm not gonna go into details about my life to give you a form of example, but trust yourself and your intuitions. You will thank yourself later!

This. Don't listen to no one, not even me if you want. But that intuition you have is correct.  An inkling to greater things. My man above is hinting at it here as well

I did the same thing, had a job paying close to $40k and I just started. I was close to $50k in a 1.5 year span. It didnt feel right, it was legitly crooked as well lol, but i was getting paid. I could not ignore the voice though that told me man was not made to be confined working 8 hrs a day + commute. How will he really enjoy this rock called Earth if his time is so monopolized? Your boss would have to compensate you in the hundred-thousands to be really fair to any human. After many altercations, I finally left. Now I dont know how many jobs you can spazz out in and still keep your job but i was wilding. Walking off the job, cursing supervisors, and all because I was the hardest worker but still, i was always pushing it and they always gave me more money to stay run the ship, They would even chase after me and try to console me lol Nah, that was a trap. Brothers, be afraid of complacency. Being comfortable after you've done it all or been through it all is natural but NO, not now. Think like the rich old man that has the young girlfriend. You're not missing nothing and age is just a number for real. Go for YOURS now and enjoy the ride while making your name. But remember life is flexible enough to make all possible conceptions of living possible. Its your prerogative if you wanna lay up, or work for the "man" for peanuts, or even YOLO it to death. Some people have kids and commitments that would make this type of endeavor a selfish one to think of as well, so if thats you its more complicated. No 1 way is right, but all of them are based on some type of dependency which is what you're trying to break from ultimately. Move like water  

I'm not balling outta control for those with the current era perceptions but i want for nothing (i cop everything I really want) and i'm in school pursuing a degree to give back to the local & global community somehow. This is what i really wanted and the universe supports me through it all. The money comes cause its not real. Go and better yourself and if the causes are right  and you have good intentions, you'll piss on the money you were getting before, Trust. Just don't think about the money.

Your plan is not the same as mine, but brother take that step. Plot an exit strategy and meditate on that but only you can step out the situation, no one can take you out of it. The forces that be wont make it easy because this is the ultimate prize. If you read through all the advice in this thread, you will probably get a 50/50 split which is by design. Nothing great in life comes easy, which are why these decisions are hard. it makes the reflection and after conversation satisfying and more fulfilling. Go for it and I wish you luck, though you really dont need it. The fear is programmed, your freedom is waiting

Sorry for writing all this, dont eem care if you didnt eem read it lol....  My part is done

Super-saiyan strong post.

Johnny let's go out to cali and start growing....just a thought.

OP i'm not saying don't quit your job but make sure you have something lined up, whether it be your own company, a new job, etc. set yourself a date to give your 2 weeks notice and then work on being ready to transition when that time comes.

as my pops always says "make sure you're hunting from horseback"

you cant get unemployment if youre fired, they would have to lay you off..

if they fire you for being lazy or something like that, you will be denied benefits.

if you get layed off, you get severance (if they supply) and unemployment. You have to get fired because of something you unknowingly did. If you willing violate a rule, like sexual harassment
then you wont. But for poor performance, you qualify. I been through it, I know.

you cant get unemployment if youre fired, they would have to lay you off..

if they fire you for being lazy or something like that, you will be denied benefits.

if you get layed off, you get severance (if they supply) and unemployment. You have to get fired because of something you unknowingly did. If you willing violate a rule, like sexual harassment
then you wont. But for poor performance, you qualify. I been through it, I know.

I hated a job so much a couple years back that I just let my performance plummet and they laid me off. Honestly best decision I ever made. Ended up finding a job I loved for a small company. Owner was the perfect boss. Made me sad when I left that job for my current job

I quit my PT job.... it was good getting a discount. for shoes but we couldnt use it on new releases (Foams, Retro Jordans, etc)

Not only that the Mgr made me choose between my career (Probation Officer) and them (Shoe Store)

My last day at that shoe store was Feb 2.

Making over 50K> $8/hr

I been feeling like this for the last 6 months. Just afraid to quit. So comfortable in my position and having a steady income but it's small change for the things I put up with. And don't you suppose to get paid extra for training new employees? Got over 3k saved up and no bills but an insurance bill every month but that's less than 100 dollars so im good on that aspect. But still nervous about making this move and leaving this job I've been doing for 5 yrs with no back up Job.

Lol I just gave in my resignation, last day July 5th. $52 k/year, and I will officially start volunteering at this little community garden starting tomorrow. I plan on doing that for 2 months. I swear to god I have never been more excited to start any position.

Lol I just gave in my resignation, last day July 5th. $52 k/year, and I will officially start volunteering at this little community garden starting tomorrow. I plan on doing that for 2 months. I swear to god I have never been more excited to start any position.

That's good. Good luck to you!

Quitting my job temporarily to focus on this upcoming hard-*** semester. :lol:

My situation is a bit different because

1. I don't depend on my job to survive. I'm still living at home and trying to nab my Bachelor's

2. If I quit my job, they'll take me back at any time. I plan on going back in January unless I find something else.

Good luck to all who are quitting to pursue a dream or their own business ventures

It seems to me people always undersell how hard it is to succeed long term when starting your own business.

It seems to me people always undersell how hard it is to succeed long term when starting your own business.

It's human nature bro. Think about gambling, the rush of the win is what most people associate it with, realistically though you will loose.

Back
Top Bottom