This Country Hasn't Changed One Bit

^^^JD617

I think what OP meant was that racism has evolved...

Its taken on a new face...Its more subconscience, its not as blatant as it used to be. Racism has become subtle.

The country may be a bit less volitile, seemingly....

I still think the most racist people I know are old white and black men and woman. I understand black people feel like its all toward them but it goes bothways alot of times. I live in a all black neighborhood and hang out with all black people, only white person for a few blocks. I get just as much racism as ablack person in a white neighborhood. If racism is ever gunna stop its gunna have to come from both sides and im doin my part wish everyone else would 2.

Originally Posted by JD617

. And WinstonDon, you don't trust whites, fine.
stop putting words in my damn mouth.....i said i have trouble trusting some...especially ones in higher positions....like the %!+% Bush did tothose in New Orleans is an example....

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I still think the most racist people I know are old white and black men and woman. I understand black people feel like its all toward them but it goes both ways alot of times. I live in a all black neighborhood and hang out with all black people, only white person for a few blocks. I get just as much racism as a black person in a white neighborhood. If racism is ever gunna stop its gunna have to come from both sides and im doin my part wish everyone else would 2.
i highly doubt that cause i know plenty of whites who lived in blk communities and they were embraced.....

First of all, I don't agree with that. But even if I did, that in and of itself is a change.

But the reason I don't agree with it is because to me it seems like each generation becomes more and more tolerant. The reasons have been stated a million times in this thread, more interracial relationships, about to have a black President, etc. etc.

Racism has not CHANGED, it has transformed, meaning it has altered to a more politically correct nature.

Racism is still racism, and what the OP stated was that since the civil rights movement nothing regarding race has changed. Unless you count affirmative actionwhich is a whole other topic.

Racism is just as prevalent as ever. The fact that we are about to elect a half white president, has nothing to do with the fact of racism in the country.

When Barack gets elected what will it do for me as a black man?

Nothing, as an american- Everything

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I still think the most racist people I know are old white and black men and woman. I understand black people feel like its all toward them but it goes both ways alot of times. I live in a all black neighborhood and hang out with all black people, only white person for a few blocks. I get just as much racism as a black person in a white neighborhood. If racism is ever gunna stop its gunna have to come from both sides and im doin my part wish everyone else would 2.

That's what I'm trying to say. I think it's more of an age thing that a black/white thing. There are plenty of ignorant people, both black and white. But to me it seems like the younger generations are far more tolerant than the older ones.

Tolerance =/= Acceptance.

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

. And WinstonDon, you don't trust whites, fine.
stop putting words in my damn mouth.....i said i have trouble trusting some...especially ones in higher positions....like the @@!# Bush did to those in New Orleans is an example....

%!@* like this is why i dont trust white people

That's from YOUR MOUTH. Not mine.
and i explained what i meant plenty of times....you're just making yourself look dumb

Honestly, at the end of the day, whites are no more racist than any other racial group. Give it a rest. If you want to discuss racism, discuss it from allangles. This is not by any means an issue that lies solely in the white community.

I think somebody stated a while back but.

An experiment that led to Brown v Board

A black girl was asked to choose between a black doll, and a white doll on which was more pretty
She chose the white doll

A couple months back the same experiment same results.

HOw do you defend that?

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

A black girl was asked to choose between a black doll, and a white doll on which was more pretty
She chose the white doll

HOw do you defend that?

kix4kix..

Nothing to defend, just shows that not much has changed....

Just shows that society has become more subtle about programming us to think a certain way.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Honestly, at the end of the day, whites are no more racist than any other racial group. Give it a rest. If you want to discuss racism, discuss it from all angles. This is not by any means an issue that lies solely in the white community.

Well said.

She chose the white doll

HOw do you defend that?

Whites are the majority in this country, attractive white women and men are held as the aestheic ideals in our culture. Go to some cultures and fat people areviewed as beautiful, or people with pale skin, or any number of other criteria. If blacks had made up the majority of America's population I'm sure theinverse would be true. What kind of point are you trying to make? Edit: Not to sound like I'm attacking you, I'm just wondering....regardless of thestrong racism in the not-so-distant past that probably contributed somewhat, psychological studies have shown that we are sexually attracted to what we grow uparound/what other around us are attracted to. If you grow up in America around mostly white people, you're white yourself, etc., then chances arethat's what you'll find to be the most attractive. I'm tired right now and not very eloquent, and I understand that this doesn't explain theentire phenomenon, especially when you begin to discuss how whites are viewed as more attractive even in cultures where whites are a very tiny minority (someAsian countries, etc.), but it does explain a lot.

Native Americans welcomed whites....
Africans welcomed whites....
Native Australians welcomed whites....
Asians welcomed whites.....

How did that turn out for those groups?

And how are they equally racist..when they never identifiedi with the concept of race.

Playing the blame game is pointless....but cut out the revisionist history.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

She chose the white doll

HOw do you defend that?

Whites are the majority in this country, attractive white women and men are held as the aestheic ideals in our culture. Go to some cultures and fat people are viewed as beautiful, or people with pale skin, or any number of other criteria. If blacks had made up the majority of America's population I'm sure the inverse would be true. What kind of point are you trying to make? Edit: Not to sound like I'm attacking you, I'm just wondering....regardless of the strong racism in the not-so-distant past that probably contributed somewhat, psychological studies have shown that we are sexually attracted to what we grow up around/what other around us are attracted to. If you grow up in America around mostly white people, you're white yourself, etc., then chances are that's what you'll find to be the most attractive. I'm tired right now and not very eloquent, and I understand that this doesn't explain the entire phenomenon, especially when you begin to discuss how whites are viewed as more attractive even in cultures where whites are a very tiny minority (some Asian countries, etc.), but it does explain a lot.

My point is that a study which BRown V board was founded on was tried 50 years later and yielded the same results.

We are more separated than ever before in regards to subersive racism as Kix, and some other cats have stated

i would laugh because there isn't many blacks in that type of position....i wouldnt be offended....

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Whites invented race....don't get ethered...AGAIN.

Explain this please.

There was no such thing as a racial classifiation system up until about 350 years ago.

The concept of race is only about 400 years old. It was developed during the 17th century as a tool of European global conquest.

Africans...were never "blacks" or "africoid" before European invasion....the concept of race is purely European and purely BS.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Native Americans welcomed whites....
Africans welcomed whites....
Native Australians welcomed whites....
Asians welcomed whites.....

How did that turn out for those groups?

And how are they equally racist..when they never identifiedi with the concept of race.

Playing the blame game is pointless....but cut out the revisionist history.
indifferent.gif

Okay, first of all....

Every group you have stated, devised its own divisions long before whites showed up.

Race is simply a CONCEPT that HUMANS created to categorize perceived biological, social and cultural differences between human groups.

Back
Top Bottom