This dude said jada was 80% voice and 20% bars...

i wouldnt say kiss is 80% voice but A LOT of rappers get by on their voice.

nobody wants to listen to you if youre boring or "regular".

Originally Posted by all19mjs

It was a conversation goin on I wasnt in it just overheard him saying this does anybody else feel this way.
lil wayne is 80% voice (delivery) and 20% bars(lyrical content), Jada...it's a little closer to 50/50.

but the difference btwn lil wayne and jadakiss is that Wayne can keep a song entertaining all the way through no matter what he's saying, while Jadakissreally gets boring by the end. It just goes to show how he shines in a group where he is limited to 1-1 1/2 bars in a song.

Al Queda Jada

pimp.gif

don't pay that dude any mind. He probably wasn't even paying attention to what Jadakiss was rapping about.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

I'mma keep it funky...

I %##%$ with Kiss but...

He been spittin the same verse for like 10 years
laugh.gif

AND I'd say that statement is wrong but not by that much...

Kiss is 40% voice and 60% bars, IMO.

That's just ignorant. Even most other rappers know Jada is not to be %@%%@$ with lyrically. You can say his content is one dimensional, but thats verydifferent from saying the same thing for 10 years. You musta forgot that Jada and the Lox were featured on all different types of songs in the 90's, fromMariah Carey to BIG....basically rock the pop flow and then get on mixtapes and have you wanting to go ride out.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Not a BIG Jadakiss fan...

I never understood why cats liked him so much...
while you ride Maino
indifferent.gif

And I see where that person is coming from but I agree with Hypebeast.

DMX falls in this category too, but he's still that dude.

Jada is probably one of the most consistent one trick ponies I've ever seen. I never know whether to be blown away by his punchlines, or underwhelmed byhis lack of diversity and mainstream appeal. I !!*## with him either way though.

jada speak the real G how can you not feel him? I never messed with him myself until I got out the joint and realized that all he speaks of is truth/situations Ive been in

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Not a BIG Jadakiss fan...

I never understood why cats liked him so much...
while you ride Maino
indifferent.gif

And I see where that person is coming from but I agree with Hypebeast.

DMX falls in this category too, but he's still that dude.
If Tomorrow Comes... > The Last Kiss

&
He been spittin the same verse for like 10 years
laugh.gif

Id say dude is ******ed. Jada is one of the nicest when he stays away from all that radio-friendly bull....

Id say dude is ******ed. Jada is one of the nicest when he stays away from all that radio-friendly bull....

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

Jada is probably one of the most consistent one trick ponies I've ever seen. I never know whether to be blown away by his punchlines, or underwhelmed by his lack of diversity and mainstream appeal. I !!*## with him either way though.
jada barely if any at all uses punchlines....he is truly a throwback to da mid 90's...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Jada is probably one of the most consistent one trick ponies I've ever seen. I never know whether to be blown away by his punchlines, or underwhelmed by his lack of diversity and mainstream appeal. I !!*## with him either way though.
jada barely if any at all uses punchlines....he is truly a throwback to da mid 90's...

laugh.gif
yeah aight.. dude is more witty than the average punchline rapper, but still.

Jada has MORE talent then a lot of MCs but it NEVER materialized into GREAT albums...

IMO his career will be more memorable for the fact that he consistantly UNDERacheived musically... He tried to make a brand of music that was more commerciallyacceptable, and it just wasn't THAT good...

There's Ns that were workin with HALF the talent of Jada, but their catalogs are MUCH better than his... Jada is just the darling of the city... He'sloved as much as a BIG/Camel or NaS, but in reality his career doesn't even look good next to Fabalous... Jada is overrated by cats who "think"they know about hip hop, and underrated by cats who don't understand hip hop THAT much...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Im a Jada fan but
indifferent.gif

If Tomorrow Comes... > The Last Kiss
That may be true (haven't listened to either album) but overall Jada is light years ahead of Maino, and it's not close. Match that albumup with either of Jada's first 2 albums.

That may be true (haven't listened to either album) but overall Jada is light years ahead of Maino, and it's not close. Match that album up with either of Jada's first 2 albums.
But @ the end of the day, if the guy making the BETTER albums will always have the upperhand whenwe're talking about music...

I'd much rather listen to If Tomorrow Comes than ANY of Jada's UNDERwhelming efforts... Much more authenticity in Maino's %@#*... Jada talks about alot of REAL %@#* aswell, but it aint from a first person perspective... He raps it like a N that was watchin it go on (not thatthere's anything wrong with that)

Jada can go ahead and have the title for Greatest Rapper WITHout a GREATalbum...
ohwell.gif

true 3 blue wrote:

Kiss of Death was underwhelming though?

For an MC of his caliber...

Yes...

He wants to be respected as a GREAT but that album would look average next to Jay or NaS catalog... But STILL he wants to be put in the SAME class??
eyes.gif

If we put together a legitimate list of The Greatest MCs & their catalog's, do you HONESTLY think Kiss Of Deathwould stand out?? (in a good way)... It doesn't even stand out as one of the best albums of the decade...

Back
Top Bottom