This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: at never new where the hype came from. Must not have watched him at 18 years old.

There's a short list of teenagers who have been as influential as Jack was at 18, playing a box to box role in central midfield in a league as competitive as the Prem.

I don't know how anyone can argue that Jack's issues have centered around ability or talent. More like perennial injury and stagnation.

Last edited:
There's a ton of hyped up prospects that don't pan out due to various reasons. Dude has been the next great English MF hope for ages with nothing to show for it.

I get that he's missed a ton of time but the rare times I've caught him whIle he's been on the pitch over the last few years,he hasn't stood out at all.

Just my 2 cents though,maybe he balls out in Bournemouth. Who knows

Last edited:
They should play Luiz at CDM.

What about Kante?

Doubt they'd play with 2 CDM's,it'd be a waste to drop 40m on Luiz and not have him starting though. Maybe he takes Zoumas spot,kept reading that he was probably going out on loan

What about Kante?

Doubt they'd play with 2 CDM's,it'd be a waste to drop 40m on Luiz and not have him starting though. Maybe he takes Zoumas spot,kept reading that he was probably going out on loan

Bench or sell Matic.

Mario Balotelli is now signing his contract with Nice. [@DiMarzio] #DeadlineDay

Hoping he can flourish in the South of France

What about Kante?

Bench or sell Matic.

:rofl:

Dude was talked out of the Juve move by Conte,sounds like he's in his plans :lol:

Last edited:
Mohamed Bouhafsi ‏@mohamedbouhafsi · 5m5 minutes ago
Adrien Silva du Sporting Lisbonne ne rejoindra pas Leicester !

Translation: Adrien Silva from Sporting Lisbon will not join Leicester!

Michy Batshuayi ‏@mbatshuayi · 13m13 minutes ago
Once ennemies ... now best friends ? [emoji]128584[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] @DavidLuiz_4 #WelcomeBack
CrNP2hEXEAAsS5o.jpg

I am definitely going to get Batshuayi kits one day

Michy Batshuayi ‏@mbatshuayi · 13m13 minutes ago
Once ennemies ... now best friends ? [emoji]128584[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] @DavidLuiz_4 #WelcomeBack
CrNP2hEXEAAsS5o.jpg

I am definitely going to get Batshuayi kits one day

Michy :smokin

Quickly became one of my favorite players

There's a ton of hyped up prospects that don't pan out due to various reasons. Dude has been the next great English MF hope for ages with nothing to show for it.

I get that he's missed a ton of time but the rare times I've caught him whIle he's been on the pitch over the last few years,he hasn't stood out at all.

Just my 2 cents though,maybe he balls out in Bournemouth. Who knows

Fair enough. If you just don't rate him that's fair but I've never been one to subscribe to discounting players because of external factors like fan and media expectations. I guess the media hyped up as the savior of English football? What does that even mean you know? Has zero to do with Jack or actual football.

I don't agree with saying he has nothing to show for his career. That's completely disregarding his output his first season as a 1st team regular. It's that season where the hype comes from. Unfortunately he's missed entire seasons multiple times since.

As a football player I see a player who's supremely technical with a ton of attitude and bite. That's a combination I love in a CM.

In Jack's case I think hypIn warranted and inevitable given his output as an 18 year old.

Last edited:
Yea by hype I mean fan/media hype. It's not just Jack though,I don't get the hype behind a bunch of players. Dude has talent,hope he can stay healthy enough to really live up to all the expectations placed on him

Besides Stones who was the last "great English CB" prospect?
Phil Jones :lol:

Sir Bobby even called him the next Duncan Edwards years back :rofl:

Last edited:
I swear, bruh...Michy is trending towards club legend status...just like the other buul from Marseille

didierdrogba-cropped_ru4cuqboqps41abuvn9cxctc0.jpg

Yea by hype I mean fan/media hype. It's not just Jack though,I don't get the hype behind a bunch of players

I'm curious did you get to see him the 2010/11 season?

It wasn't unwarranted hype it was something real. At 18 years old he was matching Alex Song for physicality and nastiness, together winning midfield battles against the likes of Chelsea. And he was doing it every single week.

He hasn't had the same effect since which is sad but I'm just saying, his ability wasn't hype conjured by British media. It was something real and tangible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom