This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more interested in the Spanish youth development you were talking about

My bad new quote features had me thinking you had bolded a paragraph when you didn't.

In general I just think collective Spanish coaching and development methodology have been particularly phenomenal and improving constantly the past 10 years or so.

I've tried to spend as much time as I can studying it the past 2 and a half years and I don't know man, the way in which they encourage thinking about the game and applying theory to practical development is just different than anything else I've come across.

Imo FC Barcelona is probably the least accessible club in a sense after Real Madrid, so it is easier to praise other clubs that are more open to sharing information and methods, but when you look at it objectively I do think there are trends that point to other clubs recently being superior in terms of the quality of end product.

Whether you look at year-to-year performance and results across the country's top developmental competitions in Copa Campeones or Division de Honor, or integration and formative professional career success of academy products, outgoing transfer fees and youth sell-on fees due, Spanish youth international rosters, etc.

Other clubs aside from FC Barcelona have a legitimate claim to offering the best development environment and greater recent success. I also think it's necessary to consider relative resources in making this kind of judgement. A club that can achieve similar results with significantly less in financial backing and cultural status deserves distinct recognition for that.

:pimp: :pimp:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170719-111340.png
    Screenshot_20170719-111340.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Morata expected to leave Madrid pre season camp and meet up with Chelsea in China according to Sky Italia

Real's really about to come up on 110m for 2 of their subs :x :x

Mbappe would probably be good as gone if both deals hold up

Madrid getting 80 for Morata. Guess we'll see who made the better purchase (CHE or MU) at season's end.

Hope both James and Morata flourish.

Rooting for Morata to win the EPL, which means the first time I have to root for Chelsea

Lukaku vs Morata = Rich man's Ox vs. Memphis argument of this season :lol:

Going to be interesting

From Di Marzio website...

There Has Been a total agreement between Real Madrid and Chelsea for the transfer of Alvaro Morata. The player Should be leaving the United States tonight, where he is in preseason training with los Blancos, to head to London where he will sign a five year contract with the champions Inglese. He will earn 9 million per year and the transfer fee is believed to be between 80 and 85 million euros.

So that makes 6 departures from the first team Morata, Danilo, James, Diaz, Coentrao & Pepe, 5 arrivals Ceballos, Theo, Vallejo, Llorente, Mayoral (for right now) so there's one spot left presumably for a right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom