This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Once Aguero, Yaya, Kompany and David are gone too one day it'll really be the bookend on that era.

Know the feels.. Rooney leaving and just having carrick feels like the end of an era

If we give props to clubs when they're financially savvy, it's totally fine to criticize clubs when they aren't. You can't hold one thing in high regard, and then think the exact opposite of it is meaningless.

Bayern's been a great example of this over the years. They sustained greatness without really breaking the bank, and the footy community respected it. So when you have clubs on the other end of the spectrum, and if it's in part due to poor scouting (not identifying and snatching up top talent early on the low) or business (i.e. allowing Pogba to walk then paying €100m for him a few years later) then it's fine to criticize it. Since after all we praise the opposite of it.

DFVsGe3XsAAMQid.jpg

Even though City have spent an absurd amount on fullbacks this summer, Mendy is an awesome player. Dude was a terror on that left flank for Monaco. Gets upfield with ease and doesn't hesitate to whip a cross in.

Some EPL teams are so scared of not making the top 4 they choose not to develop young talent at the first team level, in their eyes they can't afford to give young guys pt, Tottenham does it with young homegrown guys and they're better than 95% of the league. City is building a nice team, but they're supposed to have one the best youth set ups and no one seems to coming up through it, some of those guys look like they actually play the other day

€57m for Mendy is ridiculous. I really hope we never see the day where transfer fees like this force the likes of Barca and RM, and to a lesser extent Bayern to have to sell out for oil money or a random American ie Kroenke/Glazer instead of operating under the fan-ownership model they currently do.

Even though City have spent an absurd amount on fullbacks this summer, Mendy is an awesome player. Dude was a terror on that left flank for Monaco. Gets upfield with ease and doesn't hesitate to whip a cross in.
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?

I want Milan to get Aubamayeng or Belotti, really the only thing missing from that team is a stud CF. Bacca isn't that type of player anymore.\

Also saw that Juve signed De Sciglio, I think he will be a stud for them/ If they can get Bernadneschi (sp?) as well, the Serie A will be a lot of fun to watch at the top

Some EPL teams are so scared of not making the top 4 they choose not to develop young talent at the first team level, in their eyes they can't afford to give young guys pt, Tottenham does it with young homegrown guys and they're better than 95% of the league. City is building a nice team, but they're supposed to have one the best youth set ups and no one seems to coming up through it, some of those guys look like they actually play the other day

A related issue that the commentators in the MU/MC match discussed is that teams are also so content with making the top 4. Chelsea has seemed like the only club with ownership and a culture that is obsessed with winning.

I think if one of the Manchester clubs show that desire and it leads them to a title, it'll fire up the other and we can see 3 teams under new regimes going for it.

I want to see my boy Morata win, but a Chelsea repeat would be bad for the league imo. And if Tottenham wins this season it would be a lightweight Leicester where it's a feel-good story that doesn't set a real fire under other clubs' asses. Unless they went back-to-back while retaining players and showed they're here to stay.

A win by either Manchester club would be great for the league imo.

Quality fullbacks and centerbacks are getting harder and harder to come by. I don't get why everyone freaks out when clubs pay a premium for them.

Speaking of fullbacks, I heard or read somewhere someone saying Juan Bernat would be the perfect replacement for Lucas

That wouldn't be a bad move.

Jesus Ospina went in for this ball like its a cup final and not a preseason game lol

He wants that number 1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom