This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think this is a bold and exciting move for Neymar tho (even tho it was all about the money). Can't wait to see just how good he really is - without Messi or Suarez.

What sucks is that PSG don't and won't have any competition in France, they need a real rival.

Lol and that's why they have the Barca DNA? **** out of here with that BS.

Relax dude, yes Barca is a bit pretentious with Barca DNA thing, you can be a bit pretentious when you're elite.

You demanded to know what it was, it's obviously not a real thing beyond the theoretical level but in an external context I'd describe it as ideological congruency with Barca's football playing philosophy.

To me it's simply practically knowing how to play football.

Phil Foden got that Barca DNA

Pep's quote on him

"I don’t have words - I would like to have the right words to describe what I saw," said Guardiola of Foden's display in Houston.

"You are the lucky guys who saw the first game, for the first team for Manchester City, of this guy.

I really liked what I saw from this dude.

Can't believe Neymar is really bout to leave Barça :smh:

Hope Barcelona is able to get themselves a decent defender or two with the money they'll save tho

Phil Foden got that Barca DNA

Pep's quote on him

I really liked what I saw from this dude.

Hell I'd argue any MF player purchased or utilized heavily by Pep at Bayern or at City got da Barca DNA.

John Stones a defender but he got it in spades.

I was semi-trolling but I've never seen an Englishman play like he showed he can.

Wonder if Pappa-Panasonic would be proud, or feel betrayed by the lack of hoof-ball.

I like Foden alot he's been in City's youth for a while he was in the U9's . I wasn't sure how ready he was compared to other prospects like Diaz and Tosin but he showed the most out of all of them the other night. Will be great for his confidence at 17.

Eagerly waiting on seeing how the Modric #10 away looks

I'm anticipating it'll be fire and most likely will be copped

City have been bugging too, paying 50€ million for Fullbacks, 40 million for Ederson - unbelievable

Pep has NO EXCUSES this season.

Why is it unbelievable? It had to be done and we had no negotiating power given the situation with our squad should we have just done nothing?

barca dna is moreso a nickname for players who have a very high technical ability above all...barca doesn't prioritize athleticism. they prioritize the ability of play on the ball and especially in tight spaces.
xavi iniesta busquets messi pique all are the prime examples of the barca dna. none are really superior athletes but the ability on the ball is world class.

this is an old term and isn't used much outside of xavi anymore...did you just start watching football? this was way overused during pep's golden era.

Quality fullbacks and centerbacks are getting harder and harder to come by. I don't get why everyone freaks out when clubs pay a premium for them.

Eagerly waiting on seeing how the Modric #10 away looks

I'm anticipating it'll be fire and most likely will be copped
have you not seen the away jersey?
not sure why it wouldn't be if you like the away jersey.

oh and that foden kid looked all class out there against united....he really looks like he's emulating david silva out there the way he played in between lines.

I don't know why dudes act like the transfer market is some free market driven by rational thinking.

What is a mega club supposed to do? Spend frugally? The only thing that matters is that the books balance.

Who cares if a club spends 200 on Neymar, 100 on Pogba, or 50 on a wing back. It's only real money in the looses sense possible to a club like Man City or PSG.

IMG_2640.JPG
@heggsy is this your jersey?

Hopefully Mbappe stays in Monaco for one more year. Might or might not have bought a Monaco Mbappe kit. :angry:

Hopefully Mbappe stays in Monaco for one more year. Might or might not have bought a Monaco Mbappe kit. :angry:

I bought last year's home, doesn't matter whether he leaves or not. It's going to become a relic of when he and Monaco set Ligue 1 and the CL on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom