This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Liga blocking the Neymar move!?!
P$G should sue,they've got zero grounds to block a release clause activation when they had no problem with the clause being made in the first place.

FIFA/UEFA's most likely gonna step in and overrule them but still,LFP looks funny in the light

Sup fellas… Hope everyone is doing well. Glad to see the thread doing well.

At the urging of some NTers, I’m making guest appearence to comment on the Neymar transfer.

I never thought he was going to stay long, in fact when he originally came I thought he was going to stay 4-5 years max. Having said that, I thought he might stay another 1-2 years when he signed the new contract last year.

Now that he’s going… C'est la vie… I”m thankful for his huge role in bringing the club another treble. I wish him well at the Parc des Princes. PSG should be fun to watch.

In a perfect world, I’d be excited about the prospect of the new talent the club could get with the money, but their recent transfer purchases have been very very meh with the exception of Umtiti & Semedo. Umiti had a great first year with the club & I’m a big fan of Semedo. I wanted him more than Bellerin.

I have echo the sentiments of Graham Hunter who wrote an excellent piece recently where this should be an indictment on Barca prez bart, his board, & roberto fernandez for not being prepared for this. My dislike for all the parties mentioned goes back further than the Neymar saga though. They all need to be shown the door ASAP.

I wonder if the next target they bring will necessitate the move of hannibal over to the left flank which was where he was rumored to go when he first came to Camp Nou? He played that position at Ajax & some at Liverpool... We'll see...

Food for thought... Qatari Sports Investments paid somewhere between 40-50 million back in 2011 for a 70% majority stake in PSG back in 2011. They eventually bought the other 30%. Crazy to think of the transfer sum & wages for Neymar.

Kudos to Mastermind for his new duties. It's well deserved but I wish my man rck would've gotten a shot! Did I hear Trey is taking the bar!?!? Good luck!!!!

what was the silly rumor a few days ago?? like $80m over 6 years or some **** that had the thread in stitches? :lol:

It was 4billion over 10

400mil a year b. Imagine that, paired with this adidas deal.

But what’s done is done. As long as the league is making progress

The weekly wages rumored for Neymar are insane. This dude is going to make in 1 single week what would take me 10 years to make. A WEEK. Reports coming out saying "after tax he will earn...." :lol: even the reporters are trying to remind him to pay his taxes. After tax...$700k a week USD...so like pre tax...dude is making what a mil a week.

Was at the game yesterday. While a friendly match, was still pretty fun to see Madrid play as Chicago is a lot more economical for me than Spain is. I'm not much of a picture-taker, but did get Marcelo's winning PK on video on my IG.

My thoughts on the match: Isco was really good, Spanish Jesse Lingard is just as frustrating in person, and the speed of Real as a team really stood out. Kroos is a maestro. The young backups for Madrid weren't spectacular, but all played very solid with Mayoral grabbing the goal. I don't think Bale has lost a step necessarily but he was pressing way too hard for a goal. Carvajal made a couple of nice runs up the right in his limited time and I don't know if Marcelo played in his defensive half outside of one potentially goal-saving block :lol: guess you can do that when you have a Casemiro to literally tackle anyone on a counter.

You could tell that Kaka and David Villa had that level in them. Schweinsteiger a bit too though he was a little sloppy in distribution. Giovinco is the goods (though I was amazed at just how tiny he is in person) but some of the other MLS guys looked shook at the speed of Real. The goalkeeper from the PK's especially. All-in-all a very worthwhile experience, now I can't wait for next Tuesday to see Real and United roll out their real squads and do battle.

IMG_8119.JPG

Spanish Lingard had me yelling at my TV and also that's a good point brought up that Achraf has been a stand out too

He's still young, but Borja Mayoral doesn't impress me at all. I know RM is just trying to develop him to get a decent transfer fee for him at this point.

I also don't blame La Liga for doing what they are. Trying to do what's best for the league is literally their job and what they get paid for. This is probably bigger than just one transfer and they're not trying to see the shift in the financial dynamic of footy eventually go to oil money clubs who can circumvent FFP with a loophole that isn't even clever.

Agreed on Mayoral, sell or loan him out to a Alaves or Eibar.
SJL just doesn't have enough technical talent to have the ball that much, he ruins at least 3 goal scoring chances per appearance :lol:

Spanish Lingard had me yelling at my TV and also that's a good point brought up that Achraf has been a stand out too

He's still young, but Borja Mayoral doesn't impress me at all. I know RM is just trying to develop him to get a decent transfer fee for him at this point.

I don't really remember much from Achraf, thought thinking about it now he got forward a fair amount and was tidy in defensive duties.

I had to look up who Mayoral was at one point after he'd been non-existent for almost the whole first half :lol:

How do you think you guys will lineup next week against Utd?

What a Power Move by PSG though. I mean to actually pull this off could be devastating to not only Barca but La Liga down the road. Neymar had star power and that sells jerseys, fills stadium etc...

I've mentioned how adept he is with nutmegs before, and last night's assist to Mayoral by Ceballos was a meg :pimp:

I also don't blame La Liga for doing what they are. Trying to do what's best for the league is literally their job and what they get paid for. This is probably bigger than just one transfer and they're not trying to see the shift in the financial dynamic of footy eventually go to oil money clubs who can circumvent FFP with a loophole that isn't even clever.

Nah man. La Liga is wack for this.

All kinds of laws were broken to get Neymar to Barcelona and they want a return on their investment. Neymar is the future face of the league and they don't want their prized jewel leaving.

Neymar leaving ****s the money up. He's going to bring Barcelona and la Liga way more than $222m in a single season alone.

rolaholic rolaholic posted the twitter thread a couple pages ago reminding everyone all the dirt on Barca's hands from the Neymar signing.

And his tax case was cleared just a week or 2 ago? Ain't a coincidence.

They thought that release clause was gonna stop any type of movement but P$G scoffed at that :lol:

La Liga just has to take the L on this. All the stipulations have been met, Neymar wants to leave, P$G got the funds....its over.

Can't be mad at using someone using their resources, whether its history or reputation or bankrolls. As long as it gets the job done.

Good to see you back Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi . I was gonna email you this morning about Neymar too.

They can make a movie out of all the stuff going on with Neymar's transfer. It's a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom