This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Barca lost today huh?

At least my son's team won their first game for their Sat fall league 2-1. My boy scored the first goal in the first half, a beautiful screaming volley...

Onto The first game of the Sun fall league...

Edit - Jose is an absolute idiot for playing Pogba deep... What an absolute moron of a move.
he didn't play him deep we just couldn't get out of our own half.. he deff looked better when we switched to a 3 man midfield though

To be honest, how are they any different than Ingolstadt , Wolfsburg , Bayer Leverkusen?
IMO you have to look at each of those individually.

Leverkusen more or less developed from a sports club for Bayer employees to where they are now. The most critical aspect to me is that they're owned by Bayer which violates a principle that basically says the members of a club have to have a majority when it comes to major decisions. That rule was changed for them (and Wolfsburg). But Bayer basically invests the same amount of money any sponsor would.

VW has been spending money left and right for some time to get Wolfsburg where they are now but still, that club developed organically for decades before. Also, they want the club to make Wolfsburg as a city more appealing for the employees. 

Ingolstadt is a club that no one cares about and which Audi invested in heavily as a means of advertising. But basically they're still a football club, with an artificially created level of success. 

All the companies behind these teams spend a lot of money for their success but at least they have traditional ties with the clubs/cities they support. RB bought a club, changed its name, colours, logo just as a means of promotion, then put ridiculous amounts of money in it. Also, they use RB Salzburg as a farm team, which IMO violates UEFA rules. They've also violated many Bundesliga rules but the DFL has decided to put a blind eye to that because they like the idea of a Bundesliga team from the east of Germany (which would be a topic for a different lengthy essay...;)).

To me, all of these clubs are symbols of everything that is wrong with modern professional football. It's probably strange for Americans, where professional sports are organized in completely different ways with drafts and club owners etc. but over here football used to be based on club culture, supporting your local team with tradition and roots in your area and all that. Some of the Euro people in here might understand what I'm talking about.

Sorry for this wall of text but I thought it would clarify some of the disgust many German football fans feel regarding RB (and, to a lesser degree, the other teams you've mentioned).

To be honest, how are they any different than Ingolstadt , Wolfsburg , Bayer Leverkusen?

IMO you have to look at each of those individually.

Leverkusen more or less developed from a sports club for Bayer employees to where they are now. The most critical aspect to me is that they're owned by Bayer which violates a principle that basically says the members of a club have to have a majority when it comes to major decisions. That rule was changed for them (and Wolfsburg). But Bayer basically invests the same amount of money any sponsor would.

VW has been spending money left and right for some time to get Wolfsburg where they are now but still, that club developed organically for decades before. Also, they want the club to make Wolfsburg as a city more appealing for the employees. 

Ingolstadt is a club that no one cares about and which Audi invested in heavily as a means of advertising. But basically they're still a football club, with an artificially created level of success. 

All the companies behind these teams spend a lot of money for their success but at least they have traditional ties with the clubs/cities they support. RB bought a club, changed its name, colours, logo just as a means of promotion, then put ridiculous amounts of money in it. Also, they use RB Salzburg as a farm team, which IMO violates UEFA rules. They've also violated many Bundesliga rules but the DFL has decided to put a blind eye to that because they like the idea of a Bundesliga team from the east of Germany (which would be a topic for a different lengthy essay...;)).

To me, all of these clubs are symbols of everything that is wrong with modern professional football. It's probably strange for Americans, where professional sports are organized in completely different ways with drafts and club owners etc. but over here football used to be based on club culture, supporting your local team with tradition and roots in your area and all that. Some of the Euro people in here might understand what I'm talking about.

Sorry for this wall of text but I thought it would clarify some of the disgust many German football fans feel regarding RB (and, to a lesser degree, the other teams you've mentioned).
Nah it's all good man
I'm not educated on German football so it's good to get a perspective on why the plastic clubs get extra hated on at Germany
Thanks for the insight! Repped

Damn, Barca lost today huh?

At least my son's team won their first game for their Sat fall league 2-1. My boy scored the first goal in the first half, a beautiful screaming volley...

Onto The first game of the Sun fall league...

Edit - Jose is an absolute idiot for playing Pogba deep... What an absolute moron of a move.
he didn't play him deep we just couldn't get out of our own half.. he deff looked better when we switched to a 3 man midfield though
Yea it definitely wasn't by design,it was just a challenge getting the ball and keeping it in their end 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Speaking of a MF 3,I think the 4-3-3 needs to be brought back permanently. It makes the most of the personnel at hand. Of course,the most effective MF 3 wouldn't include Roo...

Crossing my fingers for the day we get to see a MF of Morgan deep with Ander and Pogba higher up. Pogba would be able to play in the advanced position he likes while the others would be able to hold their own defensively. The Fro honeymoon feels like it's over imo,he's been solid but he doesn't offer much if anything in an attacking sense and is careless with the ball a lot of the time.

I'm not as beat up over the L as I thought I'd be,they played an outstanding first half of footy but if Zlatan finishes those easy chances he got,we're having a different convo. Mou gambled with his formation/lineup and it didn't pay off. Glad that he was at least willing to rectify his mistakes in the 2nd half instead of being stubborn or bringing on lets say another FB like we would have last year in the same spot 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. I'm still confident that they can match up with the best in the league 

Last edited:
Spalletti needs to be sacked. I don't like how Roma play under him. This dude couldn't do **** with Zenit so idk why the **** we even signed him. Should have gone with someone else or kept Rudi. **** we should have gone after Montella.

Last edited:
Man it would be amazing to see Kante, Bailly, and Metta World Peace defending together

Last edited:
Don't think a red but he judged the ball coming in so wrong. Heading it away outside the box would've been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom