This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Poch letting Son shine to enhance his transfer value for Jan or next summer?

giphy.gif

I'm watching MLS>NFL cuz my fantasy team tanked this weekend.

Now the Galaxy are getting run off the pitch by the Sounders.

What is life.

A few English papers are reporting that Giggs is gonna have talks with Swansea's owners this week over possibly replacing Guidiolin. I don't know what to make of it since they haven't looked all that bad imo but I'm guessing they're hoping that hiring Giggsy will provide some kind of spark.

Didn't expect his first job to be at the top level already after what happened with his mate G-Nev,it's not the worst choice if he really wants to make a name for himself though I guess

Last edited:
i would rather give memphis another year than bring back ADM.. he showed he doesn't have the heart .. still a **** from Argentina
lmao wut? memphis over ADM?  that's as dumb as vaencia being a top 5 rb

he has plenty of heart just couldn't play for that manager.

adm on real madrid > 

as much heart as i've ever seen anyone play with

and smh at all the pep haters ...it's still early but i told yall... raheem and kdb have been the 2 best players in the league. city have been the best team in the league...by far

Last edited:
Whoever doesn't win the league between Mourihno and Pep gonna catch a lot of flack this year.

EPL lit tho between

Pep
Mou
Wenger
Klopp
Conte
Ranieri
Poch
Koeman

Last edited:
Sigh just got back from seeing the sounders beat down our galaxy :frown:

Oh well next game it is

He needs to get some serious italians to be the backbone of that team.

Mourinho had brazilians and belgians. Conte needs to get his preferred guys in there and get that Juve-esque machine running again.

Just keep Fabregas and Batman.

Fifa disbands its anti-racism taskforce declaring that the job is done

Fifa has disbanded its anti-racism task force, declaring the work complete despite ongoing concerns about discriminatory behaviour in Russia, the hosts of the 2018 World Cup.

Fifa has written to members of the task force to say that it has “completely fulfilled its temporary mission” and “is hereby dissolved and no longer in operation.”

“I wish I could say that I am shocked by the decision, but unfortunately I am not,” task force member Osasu Obayiuwana said on Sunday. “The problem of racism in football remains a burning, very serious and topical one, which need continuous attention.

“I personally think there remained a lot of very serious work for the task force to have done – the 2018 World Cup in Russia being one such matter. But it is evident the Fifa administration takes a different position.”

The task force was established in 2013 by then-Fifa President Sepp Blatter and headed by Jeffrey Webb, a vice-president of world soccer’s governing body until he was arrested in 2015 as part of the American investigation into corruption in football.

Webb, who pleaded guilty to racketeering charges, was replaced exactly a year ago as the task force chairman by the Congolese federation president, Constant Omari, who also sits on Fifa’s ruling council.

“We never had a single meeting under his chairmanship,” Obayiuwana said. “I wrote [to] him, more than once, asking for when a meeting would be held. But I never received a reply from him.”

Obayiuwana, a journalist, broadcaster and qualified lawyer, received the letter from Fifa on Friday announcing the end of the task force.

“The Fifa Task Force Against Racism and Discrimination was set up with your help on a temporary basis to develop recommendations for Fifa,” wrote Gerd Dembowski, Fifa’s diversity and anti-discrimination manager.

“We are therefore delighted to inform you that all of the task force’s recommendations have been implemented and all resulting projects are ongoing.”

Fifa pointed to the introduction of an anti-discrimination monitoring system at matches, the launch of a “Good Practice Guide ,” starting a team of footballing legends and a new diversity award. Fatma Samoura, Fifa’s first female and non-European secretary general, will present the award on Monday at the SoccerEx convention in Manchester.

Fifa also told task force members that its own initiatives “actually exceed the working group’s recommendations” – trumpeting its “Say No to Racism” campaign, women’s leadership conferences and programs in Russia. There are less than nine months until Russia stages the Confederations Cup, the warm-up event for the 2018 World Cup.

The most recent research from the Moscow-based SOVA Center and the Uefa-affiliated FARE Network reported a surge in the number of racist incidents involving Russian fans, with most cases going unpunished. Researchers logged 92 incidents of discriminatory incidents by Russian fans in and around stadiums in the 2014-15 season, against a total of 83 for the previous two seasons put together.

Ya ready Coupe? Never thought when I signed up to NT we'd have members going head to head in a game involving Leicester and Porto in the Champions League :lol:

Lmao PRIME PRIME , you stupid... Repped for solid gif execution. I guess I'll hear it from the rep police flyeed flyeed shortly for handing out a rep... [emoji]128533[/emoji]

What? You got me mixed up with someone else? :lol:

Nah you. For whatever reason you got all salty about me giving reps to the the United guys; Ro, Sinner, & eiddy. Guys that have been in the footy threads since jump. Never understood the female tendencies of NTers getting bothered by what other NTers do (in this case reppin).

Paris St-Germain's Serge Aurier given two-month jail term

Aurier was also fined €600 (£521, $674) in damages over the incident at a Paris nightclub in May.
He will remain free pending an appeal, which means he could play for PSG in the Champions League on Wednesday.
The 23-year-old was suspended earlier this year over his comments about the then-PSG coach Laurent Blanc.
Aurier was convicted on Monday of elbowing a police officer after leaving a nightclub in the early hours of 30 May.
The defender had been stopped to take a breath test after leaving a Parisian nightclub.

According to the police account, the officer involved needed to take a day off work to recover from his injuries.
Aurier denied the charge, arguing that he was a victim of police violence.
In addition to paying damages, he was charged a further €1,500 (£1,304; $1687) to cover court costs.
The PSG defender has had a troubled year. His suspension from the Ligue 1 side in February came after he appeared to use homophobic language to insult then-coach Laurent Blanc.
He also called his team-mate Angel di Maria a "clown" as he answered fan questions on social media app Periscope.
On Friday, he was sent off for a foul in the first half of PSG's Ligue 1 match against Toulouse.
Despite the sentencing, Aurier is expected to be available for PSG's tie against Ludogorets in Bulgaria on Wednesday.

Dog... :smh: :lol:

Serge is a goon forreal. Damn bonehead, man.

He's trying so hard to top Balo and Benz

Last edited:
Balo gets in trouble with his antics sometimes but he's never gotten in any serious trouble though :lol:

Quite the start to the season for P$G though...

Last edited:
Lmao PRIME PRIME , you stupid... Repped for solid gif execution. I guess I'll hear it from the rep police flyeed flyeed shortly for handing out a rep... [emoji]128533[/emoji]

What? You got me mixed up with someone else? :lol:

Nah you. For whatever reason you got all salty about me giving reps to the the United guys; Ro, Sinner, & eiddy. Guys that have been in the footy threads since jump. Never understood the female tendencies of NTers getting bothered by what other NTers do (in this case reppin).

Psk the type of dude to flip out at a party and all the females start leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom