This HAS to be the best Throw-em-out play in the history of the MLB..I STAND CORRECTED!!!!

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

�

The 2nd play......
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

An old article i just read reminded me of this...........That last play HAS to be one of the best throw em out from the outfield play EVER!!!!!!!!!!

If not....i wanna see the video ASAP!!!!!!

Too bad he couldnt throw a strike like that to a catcher, he could have been a great pitcher.
Dang, he didn't have to do my boy Omar so dirty 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF
came in to post this one. his rookie year too. thats the last time someone tried to get third from first on a single to ichiro.
That was dope too.........and im a dual Cardinals/Mariners fan (but they havent shown a game in stl in years).
BUT...........I have to say the 2nd rope from center field by Ankiel is so much better. (it was a tie on the first play because 2nd to 3rd on a fly ball and 1st to 3rd on a single is pretty much the same time-wise) Ichiro was halfway between the warning track and the infield......Ankiel was 2 steps off of the warning track on what would usually be a guaranteed triple 
eek.gif
eek.gif

Both great throws though.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF
came in to post this one. his rookie year too. thats the last time someone tried to get third from first on a single to ichiro.
That was dope too.........and im a dual Cardinals/Mariners fan (but they havent shown a game in stl in years).
BUT...........I have to say the 2nd rope from center field by Ankiel is so much better. (it was a tie on the first play because 2nd to 3rd on a fly ball and 1st to 3rd on a single is pretty much the same time-wise) Ichiro was halfway between the warning track and the infield......Ankiel was 2 steps off of the warning track on what would usually be a guaranteed triple 
eek.gif
eek.gif

Both great throws though.

second throw was pretty nice because it shows off his arm, but the first throw was better. he placed it absolutely perfect; low and right at the bag so the 3rd baseman wouldn't have to waste time bringing his glove down to tag the runner. that's why the first runner was legitamitely out whereas the 2nd runner looked safe to me. had he placed the 2nd throw in the same place as the first, he would have clearly been out again.

second throw was pretty nice because it shows off his arm, but the first throw was better. he placed it absolutely perfect; low and right at the bag so the 3rd baseman wouldn't have to waste time bringing his glove down to tag the runner. that's why the first runner was legitamitely out whereas the 2nd runner looked safe to me. had he placed the 2nd throw in the same place as the first, he would have clearly been out again.

1st Throw was better, but he was much further away on the 2nd throw and still hit glaus standing on 3rd base.

He was out..........Showed it multiple times on replay the day of the game and glaus` foot was on the left side of the bag where the runner put his hands.

Not saying the runner didnt beat the throw...........but even if he didnt get him out, that has to be the best throw ive ever seen in my life.

1st Throw was better, but he was much further away on the 2nd throw and still hit glaus standing on 3rd base.

He was out..........Showed it multiple times on replay the day of the game and glaus` foot was on the left side of the bag where the runner put his hands.

Not saying the runner didnt beat the throw...........but even if he didnt get him out, that has to be the best throw ive ever seen in my life.

dang! That was nice...

BTW Vlade did have one of the strongest arms ever. From the 3rd base line , over the right field wall.

dang! That was nice...

BTW Vlade did have one of the strongest arms ever. From the 3rd base line , over the right field wall.

Back
Top Bottom