This Is How You Steal 23 MacBook Pros, 14 iPhones, and 9 iPods In 31 Seconds

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Originally Posted by eaalto

I'll never understand why people praise this behavior.

Was it efficient? Sure. Daring? Sure. Smart? No. Sooner or later this is going to get back to them.

To the person that suggested they "deserve" to have stolen goods for having caused no physical harm to anyone in the process, how the hell does that make any sense? If I rape a girl and she ends up liking it and doesn't want me to stop, do I "deserve" to walk away from the situation guilt-free?
2qd05xx.gif

laugh.gif
Dude thinking too hard about the situation. If you take this thread that serious, maybe Niketalk isnt for you?

n5r31c.jpg

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Was it efficient? Sure. Daring? Sure. Smart? No. Sooner or later this is going to get back to them.

To the person that suggested they "deserve" to have stolen goods for having caused no physical harm to anyone in the process, how the hell does that make any sense? If I rape a girl and she ends up liking it and doesn't want me to stop, do I "deserve" to walk away from the situation guilt-free?
2qd05xx.gif

laugh.gif
Dude thinking too hard about the situation. If you take this thread that serious, maybe Niketalk isnt for you?
Not mad, I just don't understand why everyone is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
about people stealingstuff. To each their own I guess.

2qd05xx.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Isnt everything tethered down in the Apple store??

But yea that reporter was OD hyped about that !*#$
roll.gif

Cause apple wouldnt return my ipod thats way.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Anyone ever feel that if your skilled enough to pull off a massive robbery without harming a soul and using no weapons they kinda deserve it?

I mean these guys have balls of steel and god dam clean out a store in 31 seconds?'

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and they can't track the laptops unless they sell them sloppily

Originally Posted by That Guy

eek.gif
These dudes planned that out perfectly.

word.

"you take the left side, Lil D take center, Momo take center right, and baby joker take center left. I'll just stand here and look pretty"

them dudes was smooth...

2qd05xx.gif
gawwt dammm
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but on the real if they were that precise with there plan in and out in 31 secs that also means they know what theyre dealing with an wont be throwin these outthere as a whole.. prolly partin pieces out and rebuilding if they were really planning everything out.. nonetheless well played..
smokin.gif

Those guys are idiots. If they knew anything, they'd know that all those macs that they've stolen have MobileMe installed. Apple can just remotelyconnect to the computers and activate the cam. They can see whose in front of the mac and see where it is.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Those guys are idiots. If they knew anything, they'd know that all those macs that they've stolen have MobileMe installed. Apple can just remotely connect to the computers and activate the cam. They can see whose in front of the mac and see where it is.
eyes.gif

is that why they haven't been caught yet?
edit:
from an apple store employee
Hah. Knowing how security, alarms, cameras, tracking, etc works...

this video made me smile. To you quick 6 burglars, be smart, be careful, and as long as there isn't physical/camera evidence that gives you away... you probably won't get caught.

The iPhones are a 50/50 shot value wise... Apple policy recommends (but not demands) that SIM card trays be glued in place. If it's glued, its screwed. Better use it for parts. IMEI blacklisting isn't done in the US of A, so as long as you get a new SIM, that phones as good as sold.

The MBP's are another story. Not so much 'tracking' per se, but they will show up in Apples systems as 'unsold', and upon deeper investigation, Apple demo units, and if brought to the genius bar, will arouse suspicion. Swap the logic board, and serialize your own computer (with internal software that is a @%!%# to find), and you're fine.

Or be very careful and travel to another state and sell on craigslist for cheap enough where the buyer won't expect any kind of promises on condition etc.

2qd05xx.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those guys are idiots. If they knew anything, they'd know that all those macs that they've stolen have MobileMe installed. Apple can just remotely connect to the computers and activate the cam. They can see whose in front of the mac and see where it is.

And people feel safe buying these things?
eyes.gif

horrible analogy, just stop

Originally Posted by THE FAME

And people feel safe buying these things?
eyes.gif
The models in the stores come with MobileMe. MobileMe is just a subscription software that apple sells to control your computer remotely or savefiles in a private online server. You have to buy a MobileMe CD and install it. They don't come with it already in the Mac where you buy it brand new fromthe stores.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eyes.gif

is that why they haven't been caught yet?
edit:
from an apple store employee
Hah. Knowing how security, alarms, cameras, tracking, etc works...

this video made me smile. To you quick 6 burglars, be smart, be careful, and as long as there isn't physical/camera evidence that gives you away... you probably won't get caught.

The iPhones are a 50/50 shot value wise... Apple policy recommends (but not demands) that SIM card trays be glued in place. If it's glued, its screwed. Better use it for parts. IMEI blacklisting isn't done in the US of A, so as long as you get a new SIM, that phones as good as sold.

The MBP's are another story. Not so much 'tracking' per se, but they will show up in Apples systems as 'unsold', and upon deeper investigation, Apple demo units, and if brought to the genius bar, will arouse suspicion. Swap the logic board, and serialize your own computer (with internal software that is a @%!%# to find), and you're fine.

Or be very careful and travel to another state and sell on craigslist for cheap enough where the buyer won't expect any kind of promises on condition etc.

That person is right, BUT to a certain degree. Apple can just log on to the MobileMe account and log in as the model display user. Every model has their ownlog in. They can trace it if they want, but you can never take into an Apple store to the Genius bar. It will be flagged and show up as a stolen unit. Nomatter what you do, even if you swap out the logic board and parts.

Trust me when I say this. I'm actually a genius in the apple store.

Back
Top Bottom