This is the OFFICIAL Dallas Cowboys "Offseason" Thread

NFL Team: Dallas Cowboys 2008 Picks

Pick #22 Felix Jones RB ARKANSAS

Jerry Jones may not have gotten Darren McFadden, but he did get an Arkansas running back. Felix Jones is not a power back who is going to consistently push thepile in short-yardage situations, and the fact that he shared carries with McFadden in college and lacks elite size raise concerns about his ability to carry aheavy workload. However, he is a big play waiting to happen; he's quick around the corner, shifty enough to make the first defender miss and turns on thejets in the open field.

Pick #25 Mike Jenkins CB SOUTH FLORIDA
Jenkins doesn't have a great deal of upper-body strength and struggles to reroute receivers at the line of scrimmage. You'd also like to see himcapitalize on more opportunities to make big plays. That said, he has the potential to develop excellent man-to-man cover skills because he opens his hips welland is a quick, fast athlete. There's also a lot to like about his versatility; he can line up at safety and can make an impact as a kick returner.

Pick #61 Martellus Bennett TE TEXAS A&M
Bennett isn't an elite run-blocker and doesnt have great top-end speed. However, he's a great value. Watching him on film and knowing that he playedcollege basketball for two seasons, it's hard not to compare him to San Diego tight end Antonio Gates. Much like Gates, Bennett knows how to use his sizeto box defenders out and he can make tough catches in traffic. Taking the comparison even further, Bennett is versatile enough to flex out wide as Gates doesin the Chargers' offense.

Pick #122 Tashard Choice RB GEORGIA TECH
Choice doesn't have breakaway speed and will put the ball on the ground, but he reads his blocks well and is a north-south runner who falls forward. He isthe second running back the Cowboys have drafted and will provide depth. Also, there may be concern about getting Marion Barber signed long term.

Pick #143 Orlando Scandrick CB BOISE STATE
Scandrick probably would've been better off returning for his senior year so he could work on his footwork and add some weight to his frame. On the otherhand, he's fast enough to run with receivers downfield and opens his hips quickly. He also has shown a knack for blocking kicks and can make an impact inthe return game.

Pick #167 Erik Walden DE MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE
Walden excels at getting to the quarterback and has experience lining up at linebacker and end. This is the second pick in a row in which we feel Dallas hasreached; Walden isn't big enough to hold his ground at defensive end position and his speed will make it difficult for him to be effective in coverage as a3-4 outside linebacker.

Undrafted

Danny Amendola WR Texas Tech

Marcus Dixon DE Hampton

Jay Ottovegio P Stanford

Brandon Hale Sam OG Houston State

Drew Atchison TE William and Mary

and dont forget about Pacman for a 4th ....

another one??
roll.gif

i have cooled down some. still pissed
devil.gif

1. SOME *+%+@+* DB
2. ask roy what the *%*! is wrong with him. give him tell traning camp to see if he has got his !%#! togther if not cut his@*+$.
3. cut reeves. NOW
4. teach the center how to snap the ball in shotgun

- 2 DBs, 1 RB, 1 WR in the first 4 rounds... If you can get McFadden and keep one of the 4 first day picks, do it.

- Cut Roy Williams and Jacques Reeves.

- Find a bigger NT.

- It ain't really his fault, but... Fire Wade Phillips.
indifferent.gif
My man came here to fix the defense, and he didn't do his job. Over-react Jerry. Go get BillCowher.

Never Run the ball again like that Garret.

Do not stop running on your routes crayton.

Teach the Qb how to throw the ball away.

Things we need to do.

1. Revamp the secondary thats for damn sure; Reeves and Williams need to be gone.

2. Get another receiver to play alongside TO (Fitzgerald?)

3. Romo has to continue to mature as a QB

yo, someone gimme the suicide prevention hotline. and we need a @$**@*@ corner (asanti ftw) get roy outta there, dude is the worst coverage safety in the nfl,and tell the o-line to go back to basics, basically gurode, kosier, colombo are all garbage

Definitely agree with the DB's, but I dont think we need Mcfadden after the way Barber played today ... I would look for a Ahmad Bradshaw/LeonWashington/Darren Sproiles type back to take the pressure off the Barbarian ...
- Cut Roy Williams and Jacques Reeves
AMEN!!!
- It ain't really his fault, but... Fire Wade Phillips. My man came here to fix the defense, and he didn't do his job. Over-react Jerry. Go get Bill Cowher.
Sadly, i agree ... I thought Wade was the right guy but being a wishy washy nice guy just doesnt cut it

come on ant no need to fire wade he did more his 1st season then most cowboy fans thought he could.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

- It ain't really his fault, but... Fire Wade Phillips.
indifferent.gif
My man came here to fix the defense, and he didn't do his job. Over-react Jerry. Go get Bill Cowher.

I like that idea a lot.

Our defense needs help and get some DBS.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

come on ant no need to fire wade he did more his 1st season then most cowboy fans thought he could.

I think it would have been virtually the same with Parcells?

Wasn't our defense better with him?
tired.gif

The loss hurts no doubt, but this one was on the players.

The line could not pick up a blitz to save their lives.

Can someone tell me why Crayton is our punt return man, dude has no speed or moves.

Crayton cant catch nor can he finish routes.

I am expecting a TO blowup in the next 3 days.

Get rid of Roy right now.

Anthony Henry is not a decent corner, he made Toomer look like a all-star.

We have big problems as our best recievers are getting old and have nagging injuries.

Romo needs to learn to throw the ball away.

The season is over until April(draft)

I am far more disappointed in this season than last years

what's wrong with a healthy Terry Glenn? until it is proven that Glenn has nothing left, i don't think another top flight WR is a priority for the Boys
definitely didnt have his knee together today ... just watching him cut made my eyes hurt ... props to him for gutting it out, but we need anotherwideout for the future

The two biggest fixable problems... 1. Our linemen. They're beasts physically but make too many mental errors. 2. Secondary. Don't even have to explainthat one. Clean house, keep Terrence of course, MAYBE Hamlin.

Well the obvious would be

1)DRAFT A WR IN THE 1ST ROUND(only if we cant get Dmac)

2)Then we should look to get another CB through FA(a rookie DB wont cut it)

3)Make a decision on what to do with Roy
eyes.gif
(i think us fans are all on thesame page)

damm what a waste of a season
frown.gif
tired.gif

We do not need D-Mac. Barber is fine.

We need a DB and young WR. Glenn is old.

New coaches. Good riddance to Sparano, he helped coach up some of the softest offensive linemen in the game. And they all have some of the lowest IQs in thegame too. Wade Phillips is a good coordinator, not a good coach. He's too nice. Parcells was too strict. Dallas needs someone who is in the middle. A fierycoach who motivates his players and can light a fire under their butts yet also can come across as a player's coach too. You can be a nice guy like Dungyand succeed but you need smart players who are also leaders playing for you too. Dallas is just too young for that right now and they don't really havemany smart players.

Roy Williams and Jacques Reeves, like said. Dallas plays some of the softest coverage in the league. Any WR who can run good routes will have a field day.

Some changes need to be made on the offensive line. I'm tired of Flozell, he's not THAT good anymore.

Back
Top Bottom