this is what $ 2,700 rent gets you in new york

Like I said man we all different, I despise the cold, I despise not being able to wear shorts and short sleeves whenever, I REALLY despise not being able to wash my car whenever I want.

It was the fact you said cold weather = ugly women.

Actually there are cute big girls.

There nothing positive about cold weather to me.

Wait I'm starting to realize you dudes think I'm saying because the weather is cold in place the women are ugly. That is not what I'm saying.

Last edited:
^Layering works wonders on men and women imo.

SneakerPro You act like every girl in cold weather is 40lbs overweight. :smh:

Last edited:
Cold weather >> warm weather :lol:

Weather overrated :lol:

Paying $2500 a month for what would be public housing anywhere else :lol:

Y'all got that Stockholm syndrome.

weather wise, i doubt anywhere in the country is touching southern california.

miami is nice but it gets humid as hell out there in the summer,  new york humidity come summertime is on some stay in the apartment all day and come out at night level, and most of the south is rediculous come summer time humidity wise.

that said, cold weather really isn't a big deal if you got clothes for the weather.  throw something warm on and go about your day like business as usual, its not that big of a deal to me.

Chicago shuts down between 1 and 2 AM. If you aint halfway drunk and out of your house by 9:30 then you wasted an entire night. NYC tho. 11 oclock is an appropriate time to start going out. I am also paying not to be in the most racially divided city in America. I would also be paying for an amazing transportation system and like 4 "free" events a day, hosted by the city.

That $2700 apt would be like $900 in a decent neighborhood like Roscoe Village or even Lake View. But at the same time I would finally be out of Chicago. Many people in this city are proud Chicagoans but I just don't care to be here.

Dudes are obsessed with slandering NYC, never understood why. Can't just be the "arrogance" cuz Cali ****** are arrogant too :lol: You can't tell someone from Cali that it isn't the best place in the world, they'll just talk about the Beaches, Weather, and In n out every single time :lol: I like LA but NYC is better, haven't been to the Bay yet but it's :pimp: from what i've heard.

As a Queens native, I don't have a desire to live in the City really. Seems like everyone fiends to live in Midtown, but I'm fine not living there. I would move to Harlem though.
I plan to stay in Queens or BK and raise my kids here.

People say they don't understand what's so great about NYC, but it's hard to understand when you're not a native. I regret being raised here only half of my life, but that's not something that was in my control :lol: It's great to be back though, and I couldn't see myself living anywhere else (except London, or Maryland because it was the other place I grew up). NYC >

weather wise, i doubt anywhere in the country is touching southern california.

miami is nice but it gets humid as hell out there in the summer,  new york humidity come summertime is on some stay in the apartment all day and come out at night level, and most of the south is rediculous come summer time humidity wise.

that said, cold weather really isn't a big deal if you got clothes for the weather.  throw something warm on and go about your day like business as usual, its not that big of a deal to me.
All of this.

Went to Miami this past December. As soon as I walked out of the Airport I was like 
sick.gif
 Instant swamp a** and a** hair braids.

SoCal is where I'd be If I was on the opposite side of the country. If it was as easy as picking up and just going, I'd be there already.

I have lived in Manhattan my whole life and I cant see myself moving anywhere else. Any place I go to visit, I cant get used to not doing what I want when I want, I hate dealing with a 1am closing time at a bar, e.t.c.. The weather could be better but hey it is what it is.

And as far as the arrogance from NY'ers go, its usually from the ones who move here and think they are doing it and they are ***** with others. Us native NY'ers are nice people for the most part. :smile:

cold weather is refreshing as hell...temps in the upper 20s-30s is perfect weather, as long as it isn't snowy or windy...

summer weather is appreciated tho because i can use my bike...but days in upper 80s-90s with 86% humidity get really old, fast...

i wish i wasn't such a pansy and ride in temps under 60 degrees...

Last edited:
New York and all the other cold weather places are cool places.

But yall dudes sound ******ed trying to say its a positive having to wear multiple layers of clothing to go outside.

It was 72 degrees today women were out little shorts and dresses. I just don't see how 23 degrees can compare to that.

If yall like that, I salute you but it makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
:lol: @ everyone misconstruing what sneaker pro said about ugly women and cold weather

:lol: @ 23 degrees being better than 75 degrees

:lol: @ sunshine blotters attempts to bring attentiom to himself through hyperbole ... AGAIN.

:lol: @ calling a man thirsty for enjoying seeing women in less clothes

:lol: @ having a job in NY = you're the best at that job in the country

I guess I was raised different as well... born on the coast... growing up in the Houston area, I appreciate warmer weather...

LA seems like a place to go... I'll rep the Houston area but I def want to give LA a shot...

new York... its like Meh... one can do without the cold....

New York and all the other cold weather places are cool places.

But yall dudes sound ******ed trying to say its a positive having to wear multiple layers of clothing to go outside.

It was 72 degrees today women were out little shorts and dresses. I just don't see how 23 degrees can compare to that.

If yall like that, I salute you but it makes no sense to me.
Some people just like weather that varies. When spring rolls around after a cold and snowy winter such as this one, it makes us appreciate it that much more. 

After a hot summer, crisp air of the fall is nice. It also signifies beginning of school and football.

Snow is 
smokin.gif
 for the holidays. Snowboarding, walking into a warm home or jumping in bed after being in the cold is damn near orgasmic.

Everyone is different though.

^I got a friend who recently moved to Dallas and then to Houston. He found a lot of success there so I see why he thinks its the greatest place to be. On track to be a young millionaire.

Lol at Texas > NYC.

Silly things said on this board

There's a reason why the cost of living is less in Texas.

And there's a reason why people nationwide flock here to live. We're booming down here. Step out of those 500 square foot studio and experience the real.

Back
Top Bottom