this is what $ 2,700 rent gets you in new york

:lol: where you from man? You just described parts of central and southern Tucson. Meth heads kicking it outside the Circle K, confederate flags being flown on the outside of lifted trucks, cholos doing their thing :lol:

The parts of Tempe I've been too haven't been that bad though. The spot in Maricopa county that openly sucked worse than the rest is Mesa. It's like one big trailer park :lol: even south phoenix or Maryvale aren't as depressing as Mesa

Completely agree. I'd suggest moving further west unless that's where you want to be (Mesa border).

AZ gets a bad rap for being full of old people: average age in PHX is 32 - national average is 36. Old people have their own retirement communities (entire zip codes) that they chill in. Don't have to deal with them much besides when they venture out of their community once a month. Rather have someone going 10 mph under the speed limit than 10 mph over.

Can't go wrong with Phoenix (East of I-17), Tempe or Scottsdale, in my opinion.

Nah I don't feel the need to. lol at the middle school reference tho. Nice comparison

Besides aint nothing wrong with taking pride in how you dress. A ***** needs Miranda Kerr like fashion sense to step to me. I take this **** serious
roll.gif

Us native NY'ers are nice people for the most part. :smile:

As a fellow NY'er myself, I can tell you guys that this is a lie.

Us NY'ers are upper echelon ******** for the most part.

I think Cali has us beat in the smug department, tho.

They have reason to be, too, because the west coast > ________

Yeah NYers being nice isn't true at all, especially if you move out to the south/west coast.

:lol: where you from man? You just described parts of central and southern Tucson. Meth heads kicking it outside the Circle K, confederate flags being flown on the outside of lifted trucks, cholos doing their thing :lol:

The parts of Tempe I've been too haven't been that bad though. The spot in Maricopa county that openly sucked worse than the rest is Mesa. It's like one big trailer park :lol: even south phoenix or Maryvale aren't as depressing as Mesa

To all the NTers who were tryna say Tempe ain't like how I've seen it,

Tempe, Glendale ranked among most dangerous U.S. suburbs

Posted: Apr 09, 2014 2:01 PM MST
Updated: Apr 10, 2014 6:10 PM MST
By Phil Benson - email
PHOENIX (CBS5) -
Tempe and Glendale are perched among the nation's most dangerous suburbs in a national real estate blog.

The Movoto real estate blog analyzed crime data for 120 suburbs across the U.S.

Glendale ranked seventh in the Top 10 list. The findings revealed the odds of being a victim of a crime there are 1 in 14.

The blog noted Glendale fared worst when it came to property crime, placing fifth with 6,410 per 100,000 residents in 2012. Total crime in Glendale stood at 6,901 per 100,000, which placed the city at sixth for that criterion.

The suburb ranked 18th for murder during the year looked at by the researchers, with five homicides per 100,000 residents. It also ranked 18th overall for violent crime, with 491 per 100,000.

"While we believe we understand the purpose behind the Movoto.com article, we take exception to the fact that it used data from 2012 and furthermore, the format of the article is specifically against the Federal Bureau of Investigation's guidelines for the proper use of Uniform Crime Reporting data. The Glendale Police Department saw significant decreases in crime in 2013, to include a 19% decline in Part 1 violent crimes. We realize however that we cannot rest on our laurels and we will continue to use UCR data to reinforce our policing strategies in an effort to further reduce crime in Glendale and continue to make the City of Glendale a safe community," Glendale Police Department spokesman Sgt. Jay O'Neill said.

Tempe ranked eighth most dangerous suburb.

The city placed 11th in terms of murder and 16th for violent crimes per 100,000 in 2012 at seven and 519, respectively. There was a 1 in 19 chance of being the victim of crime.

Tempe ranked 14th overall for property crime at 4,712 per 100,000. For total crime, it had 5,240 per 100,000 making it 12th worst in terms of that criterion, according to the blog.

Here's the full Top 10 list:

1. East Point, GA

2. Camden, NJ

3. Miami Beach

4. Midwest City, OK

5. Miami Gardens, FL

6. Clarksville, IN

7. Glendale, AZ

8. Tempe, AZ

9. Jacksonville Beach, FL

10. Independence, MO

Editors of the blog explained they looked at 116 suburban cities that comprised the largest suburbs of the 50 largest cities in the nation for which crime data is available.

This data came from the FBI's uniform crime report for 2012, the latest full-year edition of the bureau's publication. The data examined comprised seven types of crime:

Murder
Rape
Robbery
Assault
Burglary
Theft
Vehicle Theft
Researchers said they took these crimes and divided them into four distinct groups: murders, violent crimes, property crimes and total crimes. After determining the number of each per 100,000 people annually, they ranked the suburbs from 1 to 116 in each category, with 1 being the most dangerous.

They then weighted the results so that murder, total violent crime and total property crime each comprised 30 percent of the final score each and total crimes made up 10 percent. The average of these weighted scores was used to determine the most dangerous suburb.

http://www.kpho.com/story/25206788/...uburbs?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

I was tryna tell you AZ heads man. Sorry for the gravedig but I read the article and immediately thought of all the heads in this thread that thought Tempe wasn't shady.

I'm from Glendale

:pimp:

Lol I tried to tell heads man, funny it was native AZers that was in denial that they city was grimey like this. Maybe me coming from a different state I could see things for what they were.

Lol heads was living in the hood and UEONO.

Up there with Camden tho? I didn't even think it was THAT bad. Camden legit hell on earth.

Last edited:
Lol I tried to tell heads man, funny it was native AZers that was in denial that they city was grimey like this. Maybe me coming from a different state I could see things for what they were.

Lol heads was living in the good and UEONO.

:lol:

I stay in Peoria now but I grew up in Glendale and I didn't think it was that bad. I always thought South Phoenix was the worst part of AZ.

I'd rather live in a shack in Cali or NYC than a nice apartment or house anywhere else in the US. everything in between is boring and depressing *shrugs* Chicago is cool too but that winter weather is too much for me :lol:

I stay in Peoria now but I grew up in Glendale and I didn't think it was that bad. I always thought South Phoenix was the worst part of AZ.

I think the South Side and West side are worse but not sure if those areas are considered the burbs. Article rated the worst burbs.

Man AZ bang harder than Cali? Let me find out...

its possible, a lot of people in AZ are originally from Cali so they bring their ways over.

I rarely meet anyone from AZ that was born and raised here

[h3]"Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft."[/h3]
Mary Schmich, yesterday’s Pulitzer-winning Chicago Tribune columnist, in a 1997 column.

Whatever. I will not take the "you (likely) can't make it here" from people who (likely) need rent control to live where they are at. NYers aren't any harder than anyone you would meet in a much smaller cities. Competition fiercer than any other metropolitan area that has the same issues but not as bad. I don't buy that **** for a second.

People without rent control are raising families off min wage in places with higher crime rates and worse unemployment in borderline bankrupt cities. NYers need to stop feeling themselves.

and perhaps you need to not spew hate and talk down to people you do not know, or associate with. You don't know a NY'ers situation and you haven't walked a mile in their shoes. Get off your high horse and throw that soap box you are standing on in the garbage.

Damn. From where I am, that much can get you a 3-5 bedroom house with a pool plus enough salaries for 3 maids and a driver plus utility bills. #ThirdWorld

Last edited:
I watch a lot of hgtv and it seems like NYC is similar to some major European cities where size costs a lot and u still get little ..

Last edited:
and perhaps you need to not spew hate and talk down to people you do not know, or associate with. You don't know a NY'ers situation and you haven't walked a mile in their shoes. Get off your high horse and throw that soap box you are standing on in the garbage.

I'm on my high horse for not thinking that NYers have it harder than anyone else :rofl:

I'm not even going to entertain such nonsense. You win :lol:

I don't buy it. Folks are still up to there shoulders in debt. Give a damn where you live.

Let him be ignorant.

Last edited:
I'll take the "slow" paced south over this **** any day of the week.....but I'm biased to trees and nature 

Back
Top Bottom