This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

yo, since we're talking about the bible and religion, and dude brought up how he sees it as a form of control

how do my christian african-american, i.e. decendents of american slaves, NTers feel toward christianity?

like, slaves were literally introduced to christiany to control them.....

that's not hyperbole.

ive actually had someone tell me that, even though slaveowners introduced slaves to christianity while enslaving them, and even used it to control them, ultimately THEY WERE INTRODUCED TO CHRISTIANITY AND THEREFORE WILL RECIEVE SALVATION....

me, personally, this would be just MORE evidence for me to NOT rock with christianity, myself...

thoughts on this?

They choose to ignore this.
Some of the strongest believers Ive ever known are my black friends. EVERY. SINGLE. THING. God "did" for them. Insane at times. Especially on twitter.
30t6p3b.gif

"thank you god, i did well on my test"

"thank you god this nice man helped me change my tire"

"thank you god i didnt get sunburn" 

all sorts of sheer stupidity. 

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

eh, i thought it was common knowledge that most christians believe out of fear....

"fear of god"

"i dont wanna go to hell"

no?
no.

out of faith

well at least for me, and most Christians i know.

faith in what tho?

that THROUGH CHRIST WE GAIN SALVATION

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat
Faith in the bible and everything it holds

Salvation from hell would be the straight out answer without throwing walls of text at you.
Not just referring to you but the rest of the believers...
So when you say you believe in the bible and everything it holds and you live your life based entirely on faith and the belief of God.

You don't lie, cheat, nor steal.  Correct?  I know every one makes mistakes and no one is perfect...but why do I see a bunch of believers not living a "a christian life"?  So there's just a vast majority of hipocrites who says they are Christians?  

laugh.gif

I'm not saying you personally but don't tell me that this doesn't happen and the same people will think they are better than you because they are so called believers and saying that non-believers will burn in hell (that they're have no facts of it even existing).

No one says we dont lie cheat and steal, you are incorrect. We try our best to live as close as we can to God's ways and we ask for forgiveness from our sins whenever we commit them
So you do all this ******ed things and unchristian-like acts then turn around pray and ask for forgiveness - so everything after that, is cool - God already forgave you? C'mon man
of course, like a mother forgives her son for talking back or something all is over and done with BUT there are consequences, like the mom will take away a toy or something as a punishment. There is a consequense for our actions, forgiveness or not.

So again...what's the point?  I still do not see a need for it. 
I can't help you with that. Thats your thought and im perfectly fine with it.

eh, i thought it was common knowledge that most christians believe out of fear....

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

Salvation from hell would be the straight out answer without throwing walls of text at you.
So when you say you believe in the bible and everything it holds and you live your life based entirely on faith and the belief of God.

You don't lie, cheat, nor steal.  Correct?  I know every one makes mistakes and no one is perfect...but why do I see a bunch of believers not living a "a christian life"?  So there's just a vast majority of hipocrites who says they are Christians?  

laugh.gif

I'm not saying you personally but don't tell me that this doesn't happen and the same people will think they are better than you because they are so called believers and saying that non-believers will burn in hell (that they're have no facts of it even existing).

No one says we dont lie cheat and steal, you are incorrect. We try our best to live as close as we can to God's ways and we ask for forgiveness from our sins whenever we commit them
So you do all this ******ed things and unchristian-like acts then turn around pray and ask for forgiveness - so everything after that, is cool - God already forgave you? C'mon man
of course, like a mother forgives her son for talking back or something all is over and done with BUT there are consequences, like the mom will take away a toy or something as a punishment. There is a consequense for our actions, forgiveness or not.

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

Religion hijacks moral absolutes and attributes them to ONLY their faith. 
Morality existed long before religion and always has. Even other animals have concepts of morality. ...but ya'll dont wanna go there cause somehow "humans" are special. 

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

Morality existed long before religion and always has. Even other animals have concepts of morality. ...but ya'll dont wanna go there cause somehow "humans" are special. 

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

psalms 36:6. But yes, humans are special.

Morality is talked about in Genesis. I don't have time to break it down, but it began with adam and eve and the tree. im sure you're familiar with that story.

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

Morality is talked about in Genesis. I don't have time to break it down, but it began with adam and eve and the tree. im sure you're familiar with that story.

That's exactly my point.  So you're saying it is ok to lie, cheat, steal, kill, rape and/or pillage as long as you ask for God's forgiveness?  And if you are a man of God and you have faith...even after you massacre an entire race - you can pray - repent - ask for forgiveness and every thing after is all gravy.

eyes.gif

That's exactly my point.  So you're saying it is ok to lie, cheat, steal, kill, rape and/or pillage as long as you ask for God's forgiveness?  And if you are a man of God and you have faith...even after you massacre an entire race - you can pray - repent - ask for forgiveness and every thing after is all gravy.

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

Its not okay if you do it chronically with hopes of God forgiving you. In the bible there are parts where God willingly lets his people get taken away because they tried to sin and go ask for forgiveness right away, He wasn't having any of it and with that came the consequences of death and other torments.

even after you massacre an entire race - you can pray - repent - ask for forgiveness and every thing after is all gravy.
You wouldnt have it in you to ask for forgiveness in the first place. If you did, why wont someone try it.

If you have it in you to massacre an entire race im sure you wont have any remorse to begin with.

But to answer your question, no, not everything will be "all fine and gravy".

eyes.gif

Its not okay if you do it chronically with hopes of God forgiving you. In the bible there are parts where God willingly lets his people get taken away because they tried to sin and go ask for forgiveness right away, He wasn't having any of it and with that came the consequences of death and other torments.

even after you massacre an entire race - you can pray - repent - ask for forgiveness and every thing after is all gravy.
You wouldnt have it in you to ask for forgiveness in the first place. If you did, why wont someone try it.

If you have it in you to massacre an entire race im sure you wont have any remorse to begin with.

eyes.gif

you act like because we are Christians that we're suppose to be this perfect people. we are still humans

eyes.gif

you act like because we are Christians that we're suppose to be this perfect people. we are still humans

i just got lucky,

the answer to your question is YES

i dunno why these christians are scared to answer...

HOWEVER

you have to REALLY mean it, like, you can't just be trynna hustle god, cause he knows everything, you know?

i just got lucky,

the answer to your question is YES

i dunno why these christians are scared to answer...

HOWEVER

you have to REALLY mean it, like, you can't just be trynna hustle god, cause he knows everything, you know?

roll.gif
 a christian ignorant to his own religion

WHAT A SURPRISE!

roll.gif

i hit my post limit.

but Jesus said ANYONE who REPENTS will be granted salvation

ANYONE

HE DIED ON THE CROSS SO THAT ANYONE COULD BE WELCOMED INTO HEAVEN UPON REPENTING......

you just told dude the opposite.

roll.gif

why are you passing judgement, isn't that GOD'S JOB?

also, im not sure you saw what happened, there.

dame said people follow god out of fear of hell...

you said "no, we follow out of faith"

i asked "faith in what?"

you said "salvation from hell"

roll.gif

HENCE, YOU FOLLOW OUT OF A FAITH THAT YOUR GOD WILL SAVE YOU FROM HELL

OR

like dame said, YOU FOLLOW BECAUSE YOU FEAR GOING TO HELL.....

roll.gif
@ "no i saw what you did"

roll.gif

roll.gif

WHAT A SURPRISE!

roll.gif

i hit my post limit.

but Jesus said ANYONE who REPENTS will be granted salvation

ANYONE

HE DIED ON THE CROSS SO THAT ANYONE COULD BE WELCOMED INTO HEAVEN UPON REPENTING......

you just told dude the opposite.

roll.gif

why are you passing judgement, isn't that GOD'S JOB?

also, im not sure you saw what happened, there.

dame said people follow god out of fear of hell...

you said "no, we follow out of faith"

i asked "faith in what?"

you said "salvation from hell"

roll.gif

HENCE, YOU FOLLOW OUT OF A FAITH THAT YOUR GOD WILL SAVE YOU FROM HELL

OR

like dame said, YOU FOLLOW BECAUSE YOU FEAR GOING TO HELL.....

roll.gif
@ "no i saw what you did"

roll.gif

roll.gif

WHAT A SURPRISE!

roll.gif

how so?

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

waleredskinso.gif

Must you refer to the bible? Seriously? The bible says not to smear my feces on peoples face. Is that the ONLY reason to think so? 

Humans were considered "special" in a time when we didn't know we shared DNA. We didn't know about shared behaviors. We didn't know all of this...

...AND YET you consistently come to this conclusion that we're in someway special. WE ARE WHAT WE ARE. To be special means that you think you have someone no one else has. We live in a box and are proud of the box at the same time. We don't realize that anything outside of our understanding of what it is to be human isn't human. Thats incredibly narcissistic of a view to have. Well since we're humans and we do this stuff, we're special. That makes no sense. 

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

waleredskinso.gif

Must you refer to the bible? Seriously? The bible says not to smear my feces on peoples face. Is that the ONLY reason to think so? 

Humans were considered "special" in a time when we didn't know we shared DNA. We didn't know about shared behaviors. We didn't know all of this...

...AND YET you consistently come to this conclusion that we're in someway special. WE ARE WHAT WE ARE. To be special means that you think you have someone no one else has. We live in a box and are proud of the box at the same time. We don't realize that anything outside of our understanding of what it is to be human isn't human. Thats incredibly narcissistic of a view to have. Well since we're humans and we do this stuff, we're special. That makes no sense. 

roll.gif

WHAT A SURPRISE!

roll.gif

how so?

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

waleredskinso.gif

TOMS%2075%20Adam%20Mad%20FACE%20BEST.jpg

"fear of god"

no?
no.

out of faith

faith in what tho?

salvation from what?

bang bang

lol @ escape goat

laugh.gif

waleredskinso.gif

TOMS%2075%20Adam%20Mad%20FACE%20BEST.jpg

damn... yall believers got ethered came in here thinking you got a good reason as to why you believe

then leave saying" I don't know why I believe, I just do! even If I were able to tell you, you would find more holes in my reasons! Just let me be! why are yall so mean?"

roll.gif

damn... yall believers got ethered came in here thinking you got a good reason as to why you believe

then leave saying" I don't know why I believe, I just do! even If I were able to tell you, you would find more holes in my reasons! Just let me be! why are yall so mean?"

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom