This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

yo, since we're talking about the bible and religion, and dude brought up how he sees it as a form of control

how do my christian african-american, i.e. decendents of american slaves, NTers feel toward christianity?

like, slaves were literally introduced to christiany to control them.....

that's not hyperbole.

ive actually had someone tell me that, even though slaveowners introduced slaves to christianity while enslaving them, and even used it to control them, ultimately THEY WERE INTRODUCED TO CHRISTIANITY AND THEREFORE WILL RECIEVE SALVATION....

me, personally, this would be just MORE evidence for me to NOT rock with christianity, myself...

thoughts on this?
Not only that they were giving them parts of the bible omitting stories dealing with rebellion. I was surprised they kept in Jesus.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

yo, since we're talking about the bible and religion, and dude brought up how he sees it as a form of control

how do my christian african-american, i.e. decendents of american slaves, NTers feel toward christianity?

like, slaves were literally introduced to christiany to control them.....

that's not hyperbole.

ive actually had someone tell me that, even though slaveowners introduced slaves to christianity while enslaving them, and even used it to control them, ultimately THEY WERE INTRODUCED TO CHRISTIANITY AND THEREFORE WILL RECIEVE SALVATION....

me, personally, this would be just MORE evidence for me to NOT rock with christianity, myself...

thoughts on this?
Not only that they were giving them parts of the bible omitting stories dealing with rebellion. I was surprised they kept in Jesus.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

damn... yall believers got ethered came in here thinking you got a good reason as to why you believe

then leave saying" I don't know why I believe, I just do! even If I were able to tell you, you would find more holes in my reasons! Just let me be! why are yall so mean?"

roll.gif
Basically
Dude quoted a passage from the bible. Why? Cause he thinks it true. Why? Cause the bible says its true. Why? Cause God said the bible is true. 
alien.gif

damn... yall believers got ethered came in here thinking you got a good reason as to why you believe

then leave saying" I don't know why I believe, I just do! even If I were able to tell you, you would find more holes in my reasons! Just let me be! why are yall so mean?"

roll.gif
Basically
Dude quoted a passage from the bible. Why? Cause he thinks it true. Why? Cause the bible says its true. Why? Cause God said the bible is true. 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

roll.gif
Basically
alien.gif

exactly.

Yet i bet you knew this before you began this thread.

But you just still go ahead and create it to "stur up a debate"?

about what?

You knew what was coming. You just wanted another 10 page thread about it. I answered my parts according to what i believe in and you ridicule me?

Id ask you to have some sense of respect for the faith some people have in this board in what they believe in but that seems too much of me to ask for quite frankly

roll.gif
Basically
alien.gif

exactly.

Yet i bet you knew this before you began this thread.

But you just still go ahead and create it to "stur up a debate"?

about what?

You knew what was coming. You just wanted another 10 page thread about it. I answered my parts according to what i believe in and you ridicule me?

Id ask you to have some sense of respect for the faith some people have in this board in what they believe in but that seems too much of me to ask for quite frankly

roll.gif
Your logic is stupid homie. Prove me wrong.

Edit - Also, the writers of the Bible were inspired by God. Prove me wrong.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

roll.gif

laugh.gif
@ prove that his logic isn't stupid. He can't make you understand logic.

All you're doing is repeating what you've been told. You can not even prove what you said is true. If someone told you GOD told them to write another book for the bible or to told them to do something you wouldn't believe that they were telling the truth.

Seems ppl bank on GOD inspiring ppl to write books in the bible because it happened such a long time ago.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

All you're doing is repeating what you've been told. You can not even prove what you said is true. If someone told you GOD told them to write another book for the bible or to told them to do something you wouldn't believe that they were telling the truth.

Seems ppl bank on GOD inspiring ppl to write books in the bible because it happened such a long time ago.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

WITHOUT AN IRRATIONAL FEAR IN HELL THERE IS NO REASON TO BELIEVE!
I dropped this on my Dad last night and straight !%%!@* him up. He was staring off into the distance for like 20 minutes last night. 
I feel that same way also
drop the idea of hell and you would have nothing most chicks I talked to about this matter said it was the book of revelation that spooked them into believing the bible but I asked what makes this any different from any murder or science fiction novel 

Word? because I dont Fear going to Hell........I fear living without The Lord who has Loved me more then any person EVER could, I would NEVER want to be without Him, he's my best friend and My Father.
If people would Read The Bible instead of hitting up Google youd realize His Love is why we are even here today, if we got what we deserved we'd be in Hell already but by his Grace we are able to have him in our life, It's a Gift that people dont see...........I am far from scared of going to Hell, if you believe for that reason you need to check what the scripture says about that kind of "believing" 

I dropped this on my Dad last night and straight !%%!@* him up. He was staring off into the distance for like 20 minutes last night. 
drop the idea of hell and you would have nothing most chicks I talked to about this matter said it was the book of revelation that spooked them into believing the bible but I asked what makes this any different from any murder or science fiction novel 

Word? because I dont Fear going to Hell........I fear living without The Lord who has Loved me more then any person EVER could, I would NEVER want to be without Him, he's my best friend and My Father.
If people would Read The Bible instead of hitting up Google youd realize His Love is why we are even here today, if we got what we deserved we'd be in Hell already but by his Grace we are able to have him in our life, It's a Gift that people dont see...........I am far from scared of going to Hell, if you believe for that reason you need to check what the scripture says about that kind of "believing" 

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Isn't the reason you don't want to go to hell is because you want to spend your eternal afterlife with him? 

and If you're talking about Jesus sacrificing himself and dying for us...

Evolution is real. This means that there was no Adam and Eve.  This means that there is no Original Sin because it never happened.  No one is born a sinner.  This means Jesus didn't have to die for us.  Even if everyone was born a sinner, why can't God just fix that?  He has the ability to, but why does he keep on making flawed humans?

Let's say evolution isn't real.  (it is).  How much of a sacrifice was it if God already knew that he was going to die and resurrect in 3 days?  The only thing he sacrificed was his time.  All that blood and gore was for his own pleasure.  Surely he could have forgiven humans with a snap of his fingers.  He's God.  He can do anything.  But since God is outside of time, he didn't even sacrifice any time at all!  Tell me, what did he sacrifice?

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Isn't the reason you don't want to go to hell is because you want to spend your eternal afterlife with him? 

and If you're talking about Jesus sacrificing himself and dying for us...

Evolution is real. This means that there was no Adam and Eve.  This means that there is no Original Sin because it never happened.  No one is born a sinner.  This means Jesus didn't have to die for us.  Even if everyone was born a sinner, why can't God just fix that?  He has the ability to, but why does he keep on making flawed humans?

Let's say evolution isn't real.  (it is).  How much of a sacrifice was it if God already knew that he was going to die and resurrect in 3 days?  The only thing he sacrificed was his time.  All that blood and gore was for his own pleasure.  Surely he could have forgiven humans with a snap of his fingers.  He's God.  He can do anything.  But since God is outside of time, he didn't even sacrifice any time at all!  Tell me, what did he sacrifice?

It's kinda like swiss cheese (bible)...even though there's a logical scientific explanation on how/where they come from - Slap a piece of meat (faith) on top and there are no more holes.  Everyone's just eating a sandwich and they have no idea what the ingredients are. 
sick.gif

It's kinda like swiss cheese (bible)...even though there's a logical scientific explanation on how/where they come from - Slap a piece of meat (faith) on top and there are no more holes.  Everyone's just eating a sandwich and they have no idea what the ingredients are. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Word, but the absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence

Prove me wrong

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Prove me wrong

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Prove me wrong
If you can not prove you're right nobody needs to prove you wrong. If you say you're right, prove it. The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim. Everybody else doesn't even need to think you're wrong, you can't support what you say so it doesn't hold any weight. It's irrelevant since you have no evidence. Making shh up just to make them up when you can't prove them to be true don't matter. Santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc. You can't prove those things wrong. It's about what you can prove right. Maybe instead of asking ppl to prove you wrong you should go find the evidence so you can prove yourself right. People not being able to prove you wrong does not make you right.

I have an invisible, intangible green dragon in my basement that inspired me to write this post btw. Prove me wrong.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Prove me wrong
If you can not prove you're right nobody needs to prove you wrong. If you say you're right, prove it. The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim. Everybody else doesn't even need to think you're wrong, you can't support what you say so it doesn't hold any weight. It's irrelevant since you have no evidence. Making shh up just to make them up when you can't prove them to be true don't matter. Santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc. You can't prove those things wrong. It's about what you can prove right. Maybe instead of asking ppl to prove you wrong you should go find the evidence so you can prove yourself right. People not being able to prove you wrong does not make you right.

I have an invisible, intangible green dragon in my basement that inspired me to write this post btw. Prove me wrong.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Prove me wrong

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Prove me wrong

Somebody get OP the noble prize for his groundbreaking deductions!

*yawn*

Sorry you couldn't convince yourself god exists, have fun with your lukewarm existence. You still can't see your own point of view for what it is....you are just as shallow as any believer.
laugh.gif

Somebody get OP the noble prize for his groundbreaking deductions!

*yawn*

Sorry you couldn't convince yourself god exists, have fun with your lukewarm existence. You still can't see your own point of view for what it is....you are just as shallow as any believer.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Prove me wrong

Didn't read. (lol)

You have also been trolled.

Back
Top Bottom