This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

However I found this to be very interesting,

. Thomas Howells, 1927
Study of 461 students showed religiously conservative students "are, in general, relatively inferior in intellectual ability."

2. Hilding Carlsojn, 1933
Study of 215 students showed that "there is a tendency for the more intelligent undergraduate to be sympathetic toward… atheism."

3. Abraham Franzblau, 1934
Confirming Howells and Carlson, tested 354 Jewish children, aged 10-16. Found a negative correlation between religiosity and IQ as measured by the Terman intelligence test.

4. Thomas Symington, 1935
Tested 400 young people in colleges and church groups. He reported, "There is a constant positive relation in all the groups between liberal religious thinking and mental ability… There is also a constant positive relation between liberal scores and intelligence…"

5. Vernon Jones, 1938
Tested 381 students, concluding "a slight tendency for intelligence and liberal attitudes to go together."

6. A. R. Gilliland, 1940
At variance with all other studies, found "little or no relationship between intelligence and attitude toward god."

7. Donald Gragg, 1942
Reported an inverse correlation between 100 ACE freshman test scores and Thurstone "reality of god" scores.

8. Brown and Love, 1951
At the University of Denver, tested 613 male and female students. The mean test scores of non-believers was 119 points, and for believers it was 100. The non-believers ranked in the 80th percentile, and believers in the 50th. Their findings "strongly corroborate those of Howells."

9. Michael Argyle, 1958
Concluded that "although intelligent children grasp religious concepts earlier, they are also the first to doubt the truth of religion, and intelligent students are much less likely to accept orthodox beliefs."

10. Jeffrey Hadden, 1963
Found no correlation between intelligence and grades. This was an anomalous finding, since GPA corresponds closely with intelligence. Other factors may have influenced the results at the University of Wisconsin.

11. Young, Dustin and Holtzman, 1966
Average religiosity decreased as GPA rose.

12. James Trent, 1967
Polled 1400 college seniors. Found little difference, but high-ability students in his sample group were over-represented.

13. C. Plant and E. Minium, 1967
The more intelligent students were less religious, both before entering college and after 2 years of college.

14. Robert Wuthnow, 1978
Of 532 students, 37 percent of Christians, 58 percent of apostates, and 53 percent of non-religious scored above average on SATs.

15. Hastings and Hoge, 1967, 1974
Polled 200 college students and found no significant correlations.

16. Norman Poythress, 1975
Mean SATs for strongly anti-
religious (1148), moderately anti-religious (1119), slightly anti-religious (1108), and religious (1022).

17. Wiebe and Fleck, 1980
Studied 158 male and female Canadian university students. They reported "nonreligious S's tended to be strongly intelligent" and "more intelligent than religious S's."

STUDENT BODY COMPARISONS

1. Rose Goldsen, 1952
Percentage of students who believe in a divine god: Harvard 30; UCLA 32; Dartmouth 35; Yale 36; Cornell 42; Wayne 43; Weslyan 43; Michigan 45; Fisk 60; Texas 62; North Carolina 68.

2. National Review Study, 1970
Percentage of students who believe in a Spirit or Divine God: Reed 15; Brandeis 25; Sarah Lawrence 28; Williams 36; Stanford 41; Boston U. 41; Yale 42; Howard 47; Indiana 57; Davidson 59; S. Carolina 65; Marquette 77.

3. Caplovitz and Sherrow, 1977
Apostasy rates rose continuously from 5 percent in "low" ranked schools to 17 percent in "high" ranked schools. 

4. Niemi, Ross, and Alexander, 1978
In elite schools, organized religion was judged important by only 26 percent of their students, compared with 44 percent of all students.

but those were just heathen scientists with their make-believe scientific studies that don't prove anything...because those people are going to heaven.....i bet scientists cant disprove that one...

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

So...do yall have jobs, or school or anything?

how'd you get away from your responsibilities to ask such an important question of us?

There were times in my childhood that I could have easily died or have gotten badly hurt. I'm not even supposed to be here. For some reason, those incidents never happened. So I would say yes, there were incidents.
dios mios

We are beings so unlike any other known beings on this planet. The fact that humans have accomplished what no other animal has, to me, means we are special and set apart from the rest of life. 
so do you think mike vick was wrongly jailed for stomping dogs out? i mean, we're above dogs....a human shouldnt spend even 5 minutes of his superior life serving time for merking an inferior dog, right?
(ftr, i agree with the question i asked....we ARE superior to ALL animals)
 when it really comes down to it, we are not going to know who is right until we die.

this is contradictory, you said you believe that your god is the true god, so much so that youre a devout christian, yet, you just gave us reason to question the strength of your conviction....you just admitted, "nobody knows" which is basically the whole basis of the athiesm Dame Theory talks about on here...

He is the one who is in control of my life 
i literally cringed. even according to your religion, christianity, god is NOT in control of your life....

you have free will....YOU are in control of your life...

I believe my reward in heaven will be so much greater than anything I can experience here on earth. Worshipping God with all the believers from the beginning of time and with the angels just seems so amazing to me!

"they give you religion to keep your head in the sky, so that you believe the only way that you can get to heaven is DIE"

this is my problem with religion...."dont worry about THIS life improving, once you die, you gonna get this SWEET setup!"

what if its not true, bro.....won't you feel kinda..."cheated"? i mean, i guess youll be a lifeless shell of a body.....but im saying...WHAT IF YOU DONT GO TO HEAVEN? WHAT IF THIS IS THE ONLY SHOT YOU GET AND YOU LIVED IT AS IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSES LIFE...(you, yourself, said 'god is in control of my life cause i gave my life to him')

He created us? Him and the angels got bored! 
I'm purely kidding with this statement ... some people say that Satan and the 33% of the angels that went to hell with him, did so on a bet to see who could grab the most amount of ppl.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

God spoke life and it happened. God created us from the dust of the earth. He gave Adam CPR and he was alive.
*faints*

so who breathed life into you when you were a pile of dust? was that before or after you were a fertilized embryo in your mother's womb?

shake my head at those who think tithing is just throwing money away.
why would you contribute money to god? what use does god have for worldly money? i mean, why does the church need money, tho? aint they GODs people? wouldnt god prevent the church from being evicted from their building? why does a church even need a building if the purpose is to praise god? Why would GOD require us to give him EARTHLY money? What can money do that GOD cant?

What is the purpose of life in your opinion? Is there a purpose? 

To worship God and to also worship God with others.

eek.gif

Healing of disease, people having kids that were never supposed to have children, cheques showing up in the mail for the exact amount required when those people had nothing, people being given places to live just when they thought they were on the street. God works in awesome ways and has the best timing.
again, ill bring it back to why does god need money from tithing if he can mysteriously send miracle checks to people in need? why cant he send miracle checks to every church to fund their rent until the end of days? wait, us humans cant possibly understand it, huh?

The bible says that God is so majestic and pure that if we were to see Him in his physical form that we would drop dead. 

Jesus, God is drop-dead gorgeous, too?

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

However I found this to be very interesting,

. Thomas Howells, 1927
Study of 461 students showed religiously conservative students "are, in general, relatively inferior in intellectual ability."

2. Hilding Carlsojn, 1933
Study of 215 students showed that "there is a tendency for the more intelligent undergraduate to be sympathetic toward… atheism."

3. Abraham Franzblau, 1934
Confirming Howells and Carlson, tested 354 Jewish children, aged 10-16. Found a negative correlation between religiosity and IQ as measured by the Terman intelligence test.

4. Thomas Symington, 1935
Tested 400 young people in colleges and church groups. He reported, "There is a constant positive relation in all the groups between liberal religious thinking and mental ability… There is also a constant positive relation between liberal scores and intelligence…"

5. Vernon Jones, 1938
Tested 381 students, concluding "a slight tendency for intelligence and liberal attitudes to go together."

6. A. R. Gilliland, 1940
At variance with all other studies, found "little or no relationship between intelligence and attitude toward god."

7. Donald Gragg, 1942
Reported an inverse correlation between 100 ACE freshman test scores and Thurstone "reality of god" scores.

8. Brown and Love, 1951
At the University of Denver, tested 613 male and female students. The mean test scores of non-believers was 119 points, and for believers it was 100. The non-believers ranked in the 80th percentile, and believers in the 50th. Their findings "strongly corroborate those of Howells."

9. Michael Argyle, 1958
Concluded that "although intelligent children grasp religious concepts earlier, they are also the first to doubt the truth of religion, and intelligent students are much less likely to accept orthodox beliefs."

10. Jeffrey Hadden, 1963
Found no correlation between intelligence and grades. This was an anomalous finding, since GPA corresponds closely with intelligence. Other factors may have influenced the results at the University of Wisconsin.

11. Young, Dustin and Holtzman, 1966
Average religiosity decreased as GPA rose.

12. James Trent, 1967
Polled 1400 college seniors. Found little difference, but high-ability students in his sample group were over-represented.

13. C. Plant and E. Minium, 1967
The more intelligent students were less religious, both before entering college and after 2 years of college.

14. Robert Wuthnow, 1978
Of 532 students, 37 percent of Christians, 58 percent of apostates, and 53 percent of non-religious scored above average on SATs.

15. Hastings and Hoge, 1967, 1974
Polled 200 college students and found no significant correlations.

16. Norman Poythress, 1975
Mean SATs for strongly anti-
religious (1148), moderately anti-religious (1119), slightly anti-religious (1108), and religious (1022).

17. Wiebe and Fleck, 1980
Studied 158 male and female Canadian university students. They reported "nonreligious S's tended to be strongly intelligent" and "more intelligent than religious S's."

STUDENT BODY COMPARISONS

1. Rose Goldsen, 1952
Percentage of students who believe in a divine god: Harvard 30; UCLA 32; Dartmouth 35; Yale 36; Cornell 42; Wayne 43; Weslyan 43; Michigan 45; Fisk 60; Texas 62; North Carolina 68.

2. National Review Study, 1970
Percentage of students who believe in a Spirit or Divine God: Reed 15; Brandeis 25; Sarah Lawrence 28; Williams 36; Stanford 41; Boston U. 41; Yale 42; Howard 47; Indiana 57; Davidson 59; S. Carolina 65; Marquette 77.

3. Caplovitz and Sherrow, 1977
Apostasy rates rose continuously from 5 percent in "low" ranked schools to 17 percent in "high" ranked schools. 

4. Niemi, Ross, and Alexander, 1978
In elite schools, organized religion was judged important by only 26 percent of their students, compared with 44 percent of all students.

but those were just heathen scientists with their make-believe scientific studies that don't prove anything...because those people are going to heaven.....i bet scientists cant disprove that one...

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

So...do yall have jobs, or school or anything?

how'd you get away from your responsibilities to ask such an important question of us?

There were times in my childhood that I could have easily died or have gotten badly hurt. I'm not even supposed to be here. For some reason, those incidents never happened. So I would say yes, there were incidents.
dios mios

We are beings so unlike any other known beings on this planet. The fact that humans have accomplished what no other animal has, to me, means we are special and set apart from the rest of life. 
so do you think mike vick was wrongly jailed for stomping dogs out? i mean, we're above dogs....a human shouldnt spend even 5 minutes of his superior life serving time for merking an inferior dog, right?
(ftr, i agree with the question i asked....we ARE superior to ALL animals)
 when it really comes down to it, we are not going to know who is right until we die.

this is contradictory, you said you believe that your god is the true god, so much so that youre a devout christian, yet, you just gave us reason to question the strength of your conviction....you just admitted, "nobody knows" which is basically the whole basis of the athiesm Dame Theory talks about on here...

He is the one who is in control of my life 
i literally cringed. even according to your religion, christianity, god is NOT in control of your life....

you have free will....YOU are in control of your life...

I believe my reward in heaven will be so much greater than anything I can experience here on earth. Worshipping God with all the believers from the beginning of time and with the angels just seems so amazing to me!

"they give you religion to keep your head in the sky, so that you believe the only way that you can get to heaven is DIE"

this is my problem with religion...."dont worry about THIS life improving, once you die, you gonna get this SWEET setup!"

what if its not true, bro.....won't you feel kinda..."cheated"? i mean, i guess youll be a lifeless shell of a body.....but im saying...WHAT IF YOU DONT GO TO HEAVEN? WHAT IF THIS IS THE ONLY SHOT YOU GET AND YOU LIVED IT AS IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSES LIFE...(you, yourself, said 'god is in control of my life cause i gave my life to him')

He created us? Him and the angels got bored! 
I'm purely kidding with this statement ... some people say that Satan and the 33% of the angels that went to hell with him, did so on a bet to see who could grab the most amount of ppl.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

God spoke life and it happened. God created us from the dust of the earth. He gave Adam CPR and he was alive.
*faints*

so who breathed life into you when you were a pile of dust? was that before or after you were a fertilized embryo in your mother's womb?

shake my head at those who think tithing is just throwing money away.
why would you contribute money to god? what use does god have for worldly money? i mean, why does the church need money, tho? aint they GODs people? wouldnt god prevent the church from being evicted from their building? why does a church even need a building if the purpose is to praise god? Why would GOD require us to give him EARTHLY money? What can money do that GOD cant?

What is the purpose of life in your opinion? Is there a purpose? 

To worship God and to also worship God with others.

eek.gif

Healing of disease, people having kids that were never supposed to have children, cheques showing up in the mail for the exact amount required when those people had nothing, people being given places to live just when they thought they were on the street. God works in awesome ways and has the best timing.
again, ill bring it back to why does god need money from tithing if he can mysteriously send miracle checks to people in need? why cant he send miracle checks to every church to fund their rent until the end of days? wait, us humans cant possibly understand it, huh?

The bible says that God is so majestic and pure that if we were to see Him in his physical form that we would drop dead. 

Jesus, God is drop-dead gorgeous, too?

Never thought about that one either... what does God need with the US Dollar?
laugh.gif

If he was smart, he'd ask for Euros or the Pound 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

laugh.gif

grin.gif

why ask for human money, tho? dude just said he witnessed the miracle of checks coming in to people in need...

if god got the miracle check, why would he ask for you to tithe?

why would a church need your money if GOD already knows that the church needs money before they need money, therefore already sent a miracle check out?

things that make you go
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

why ask for human money, tho? dude just said he witnessed the miracle of checks coming in to people in need...

why would a church need your money if GOD already knows that the church needs money before they need money, therefore already sent a miracle check out?

things that make you go
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

laugh.gif

grin.gif

things that make you go
indifferent.gif
Religions be greedy too though...
they asking for 10% like that aint TEN PERCENT 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

laugh.gif

grin.gif

things that make you go
indifferent.gif
Religions be greedy too though...
they asking for 10% like that aint TEN PERCENT 
roll.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I highly doubt anyone in this thread has been saying "herp derp God wrote the Bible"

Why is that even being argued?

Believers cant prove the God exists and non-believers can't prove that he doesn't exist. You're worse than Jehovas since even THEY know when to stop forcing their beliefs on people. You don't believe in God or the Bible? Not a single #%@* will be given.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I highly doubt anyone in this thread has been saying "herp derp God wrote the Bible"

Believers cant prove the God exists and non-believers can't prove that he doesn't exist. You're worse than Jehovas since even THEY know when to stop forcing their beliefs on people. You don't believe in God or the Bible? Not a single #%@* will be given.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

ten percent for what? a church is any place more than one person praises god in....

a church could be a cardboard box....

i mean, religious types dont even question the tithe, like

"i know man wrote the word of god......but OF COURSE god wants us to give worldly money to these people, there is NO WAY whoever came up with religion and chrisitianity saw it as a means to get paid, NO WAY"

meanwhile, your pastor drives a '11 jag with 22 inch rims....

and you're tithing

LOL

(that wasnt a random reference, my godmother's church's pastor drives that.)  

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Not a single #%@* will be given.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

yet, you do give a #%#$ cause you been in this post since page 5....

ten percent for what? a church is any place more than one person praises god in....

"i know man wrote the word of god......but OF COURSE god wants us to give worldly money to these people, there is NO WAY whoever came up with religion and chrisitianity saw it as a means to get paid, NO WAY"

and you're tithing

LOL

(that wasnt a random reference, my godmother's church's pastor drives that.)  

Not a single #%@* will be given.

Have a nice day
smile.gif

yet, you do give a #%#$ cause you been in this post since page 5....

Have a nice day
smile.gif
The fact that the bible was written by men should illustrate that NO MATTER how much a divine authority is claims to have, most of it is subject to gross misinterpretation and thus invalidates it. 
You might as well believe in Dr. Seuss books if thats the case. NO difference there. 

Have a nice day
smile.gif
The fact that the bible was written by men should illustrate that NO MATTER how much a divine authority is claims to have, most of it is subject to gross misinterpretation and thus invalidates it. 
You might as well believe in Dr. Seuss books if thats the case. NO difference there. 

eNPHAN wrote:

and you're tithing

LOL

[h1]Eddie Long goes viral to help members recoup losses[/h1][h2][/h2]

By Shelia M. Poole

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

6:07 p.m. Monday, January 31, 2011
Bishop Eddie Long made an unusual appearance on YouTube appealing to an investment company on behalf of several members who face financial hardships because of investments that went bad.

In the YouTube video, the well-known leader of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church said the church held a financial seminar a year or so ago to help members build wealth and a better quality of life. Long said several members invested through City Capital Corp., and that some retirement accounts related to those investments have tanked.

Long urged City Capital's former chief executive, Ephren Taylor, and the companyto “do what’s right†and return the invested money with interest, if possible. He said neither he nor his DeKalb County megachurch benefited from the investing members did with City Capital.

The video was posted Sunday night, though it was not clear when Long made it.

In a press release Monday, Long said several members alerted him “about a troubling investment matter that could eclipse a million dollars.â€The release said Long decided to make a public appeal to help members resolve their “dispute with City Capital Corp. and its CEO Ephren Taylor.â€

Neither Capital City, based in California, nor Taylor could be reached for comment.

About 20 New Birth members were affected in the deals, according to Art Franklin, a church spokesperson. The video and release offered few specifics.

The video saysTaylor resigned from City Capital on Oct. 22, citing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings. In announcing Taylor’s resignation, the company said his departure “was not the result of any disagreements with the Company regarding its operations, policies, or practices.†The company also announced that Wendy J. Connor, also resigned, effective Oct. 31, as a director and chief operations officer, according to those documents.

Jeff M. Smuda was elected chairman and chief executive of the company the same day. Smuda is identified in the SEC filing as an expert in restructing companies to profitibility.

Long's press release said members have suffered deep financial hardships because of the matter. At least one faces home foreclosure, said Franklin.

According to Franklin, Taylor visited the church in October 2009 as part of a national financial empowerment tour. He said it was Taylor's first visit to the Lithonia church, which has roughly 25,000 members.

Long, who has been embroiled in recent months in lawsuits involving allegations of sexual abuse, said the matter “touches my heart deeply.â€

In a 2009 Forbes article, Taylor was heralded as a young entrepreneur who designed and sold a video game to his friends when he was 12 years old and began designing Web sites when he was 13. He went to write at least one book and start other companies.

GOD WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP US!
roll.gif

eNPHAN wrote:

and you're tithing

LOL

[h1]Eddie Long goes viral to help members recoup losses[/h1][h2][/h2]

By Shelia M. Poole

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

6:07 p.m. Monday, January 31, 2011
Bishop Eddie Long made an unusual appearance on YouTube appealing to an investment company on behalf of several members who face financial hardships because of investments that went bad.

In the YouTube video, the well-known leader of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church said the church held a financial seminar a year or so ago to help members build wealth and a better quality of life. Long said several members invested through City Capital Corp., and that some retirement accounts related to those investments have tanked.

Long urged City Capital's former chief executive, Ephren Taylor, and the companyto “do what’s right†and return the invested money with interest, if possible. He said neither he nor his DeKalb County megachurch benefited from the investing members did with City Capital.

The video was posted Sunday night, though it was not clear when Long made it.

In a press release Monday, Long said several members alerted him “about a troubling investment matter that could eclipse a million dollars.â€The release said Long decided to make a public appeal to help members resolve their “dispute with City Capital Corp. and its CEO Ephren Taylor.â€

Neither Capital City, based in California, nor Taylor could be reached for comment.

About 20 New Birth members were affected in the deals, according to Art Franklin, a church spokesperson. The video and release offered few specifics.

The video saysTaylor resigned from City Capital on Oct. 22, citing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings. In announcing Taylor’s resignation, the company said his departure “was not the result of any disagreements with the Company regarding its operations, policies, or practices.†The company also announced that Wendy J. Connor, also resigned, effective Oct. 31, as a director and chief operations officer, according to those documents.

Jeff M. Smuda was elected chairman and chief executive of the company the same day. Smuda is identified in the SEC filing as an expert in restructing companies to profitibility.

Long's press release said members have suffered deep financial hardships because of the matter. At least one faces home foreclosure, said Franklin.

According to Franklin, Taylor visited the church in October 2009 as part of a national financial empowerment tour. He said it was Taylor's first visit to the Lithonia church, which has roughly 25,000 members.

Long, who has been embroiled in recent months in lawsuits involving allegations of sexual abuse, said the matter “touches my heart deeply.â€

In a 2009 Forbes article, Taylor was heralded as a young entrepreneur who designed and sold a video game to his friends when he was 12 years old and began designing Web sites when he was 13. He went to write at least one book and start other companies.

GOD WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP US!
roll.gif

[h2]Even though this is from a believer, it should illustrate some of the problems with religion inherently

The Blacker the Berry…The Biblical Truth[/h2]

X
Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.