This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

The funniest (well maybe funny is the wrong word
ohwell.gif
) about religion to me is how many different sects there are within each of the major ones. Y'all follow the same damn book but you can't even get along? Catholics are doing it wrong? Methodists? Episcopalians? Lutherans? Presbyterians? Sunnis and Shiites are enemies within the same country? What?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

ohwell.gif
) about religion to me is how many different sects there are within each of the major ones. Y'all follow the same damn book but you can't even get along? Catholics are doing it wrong? Methodists? Episcopalians? Lutherans? Presbyterians? Sunnis and Shiites are enemies within the same country? What?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

ohwell.gif

Dame Theory wrote:

THIS MADE ME
mad.gif
because many other minority/ethnic groups/country (many of whom are christian) don't suffer from poverty and hardship. Textbook example of the hypocrisy and bigotry that comes with religion.

Dame Theory wrote:

THIS MADE ME
mad.gif
because many other minority/ethnic groups/country (many of whom are christian) don't suffer from poverty and hardship. Textbook example of the hypocrisy and bigotry that comes with religion.

retrospect - In actuality, these so called fulfilled prophecies...They have all failed, were false or weren't prophecies at all. Many of these prophecies are so vague, they can be attributed to different events and then compared to practically any similar event or outcome. It's also a fact that the Bible was written many years after many of these presumed prophecies and their "fulfillment" took place. It's also fair to mention that nowhere in the Bible will you find countries such as the United States, Russia, China, Korea, Great Britain prophesied. But oh yea, Christians will tell you that they are, if you know how to interpret the Bible.

You might as well start believing in fraud psychics like Sylvia Brown and Cleo since they have claimed that many of their predictions came true. Might as well believe them as to be God since they fulfill prophecies.

retrospect - In actuality, these so called fulfilled prophecies...They have all failed, were false or weren't prophecies at all. Many of these prophecies are so vague, they can be attributed to different events and then compared to practically any similar event or outcome. It's also a fact that the Bible was written many years after many of these presumed prophecies and their "fulfillment" took place. It's also fair to mention that nowhere in the Bible will you find countries such as the United States, Russia, China, Korea, Great Britain prophesied. But oh yea, Christians will tell you that they are, if you know how to interpret the Bible.

You might as well start believing in fraud psychics like Sylvia Brown and Cleo since they have claimed that many of their predictions came true. Might as well believe them as to be God since they fulfill prophecies.

I also want to add...no matter how you want to try to argue, the Bible is PROVEN as a scholarly fact that it is man made. The entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption. History and archeological proof will substantiate all of this.

This does not not only go for the Bible, but goes for all the other religious texts of any institutionalized religion. Anyone who is willing to, find me ANYWHERE of any proof and evidence of any religious text that has been sent by the divine.

I also want to add...no matter how you want to try to argue, the Bible is PROVEN as a scholarly fact that it is man made. The entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption. History and archeological proof will substantiate all of this.

This does not not only go for the Bible, but goes for all the other religious texts of any institutionalized religion. Anyone who is willing to, find me ANYWHERE of any proof and evidence of any religious text that has been sent by the divine.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Google the FORER EFFECT

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Google the FORER EFFECT

Sorry I haven't been involved in this thread lately....I'm very sick. And I also want to say that I respect you alls beliefs, I'm not going to keep pressing the issue and try to convert y'all. That;s not what I'm on NT for.
Anyway Hazel, the bible has always led me into the right direction in my experience so I don't see what you're saying. My thing is when people interpret it wrong or when religious leaders add stuff to it. I don't believe in Hell or the trinity or any of that because its not in my translation. I think the hellfire doctrine was added in to scare people. 

Sorry I haven't been involved in this thread lately....I'm very sick. And I also want to say that I respect you alls beliefs, I'm not going to keep pressing the issue and try to convert y'all. That;s not what I'm on NT for.
Anyway Hazel, the bible has always led me into the right direction in my experience so I don't see what you're saying. My thing is when people interpret it wrong or when religious leaders add stuff to it. I don't believe in Hell or the trinity or any of that because its not in my translation. I think the hellfire doctrine was added in to scare people. 

Originally Posted by retrospect90

Anyway Hazel, the bible has always led me into the right direction in my experience so I don't see what you're saying
. My thing is when people interpret it wrong or when religious leaders add stuff to it. I don't believe in Hell or the trinity or any of that because its not in my translation. I think the hellfire doctrine was added in to scare people. 

This is what happens when we don't look to other sources of enlightenment. There other ways to learn about how to contribute to humanity. The Bible, a book of much contention, contradiction, and hypocrisy, is not the best source. In an academic environment, if the Bible was introduced tomorrow, it would be laughed at for its inconsistency and its ludicrous nature. Its only because of its history with man have we come to overlook its glaring faults. Look to other forms of reading and wisdom to learn about the world. Philosophers you like. Learn about what it is you mean to do. ASK! There are other sources of learning. Its 2011. There is no need for the bible. Its time people started being more responsible for their education and understanding of the world. SEEK KNOWLEDGE, NOT THE PREVENTION OF GAINING KNOWLEDGE. 

Anyway Hazel, the bible has always led me into the right direction in my experience so I don't see what you're saying
. My thing is when people interpret it wrong or when religious leaders add stuff to it. I don't believe in Hell or the trinity or any of that because its not in my translation. I think the hellfire doctrine was added in to scare people. 

This is what happens when we don't look to other sources of enlightenment. There other ways to learn about how to contribute to humanity. The Bible, a book of much contention, contradiction, and hypocrisy, is not the best source. In an academic environment, if the Bible was introduced tomorrow, it would be laughed at for its inconsistency and its ludicrous nature. Its only because of its history with man have we come to overlook its glaring faults. Look to other forms of reading and wisdom to learn about the world. Philosophers you like. Learn about what it is you mean to do. ASK! There are other sources of learning. Its 2011. There is no need for the bible. Its time people started being more responsible for their education and understanding of the world. SEEK KNOWLEDGE, NOT THE PREVENTION OF GAINING KNOWLEDGE. 

"If he is infinitely good, what reason should we have to fear him? If he is infinitely wise, why should we have doubts concerning our future? If he knows all, why warn him of our needs and fatigue him with our prayers? If he is everywhere, why erect temples to him? If he is just, why fear that he will punish the creatures that he has filled with weaknesses? If grace does everything for them, what reason would he have for recompensing them? If he is all-powerful, how offend him, how resist him? If he is reasonable, how can he be angry at the blind, to whom he has given the liberty of being unreasonable? If he is immovable, by what right do we pretend to make him change his decrees? If he is inconceivable, why occupy ourselves with him? IF HE HAS SPOKEN, WHY IS THE UNIVERSE NOT CONVINCED? If the knowledge of a God is the most necessary, why is it not the most evident and the clearest."

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

"If he is infinitely good, what reason should we have to fear him? If he is infinitely wise, why should we have doubts concerning our future? If he knows all, why warn him of our needs and fatigue him with our prayers? If he is everywhere, why erect temples to him? If he is just, why fear that he will punish the creatures that he has filled with weaknesses? If grace does everything for them, what reason would he have for recompensing them? If he is all-powerful, how offend him, how resist him? If he is reasonable, how can he be angry at the blind, to whom he has given the liberty of being unreasonable? If he is immovable, by what right do we pretend to make him change his decrees? If he is inconceivable, why occupy ourselves with him? IF HE HAS SPOKEN, WHY IS THE UNIVERSE NOT CONVINCED? If the knowledge of a God is the most necessary, why is it not the most evident and the clearest."

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Word... 
embarassed.gif
 I was in your place over a year ago...your getting there. Keep building! I'll p.m you some additional info on the P.M. 
wink.gif

Word... 
embarassed.gif
 I was in your place over a year ago...your getting there. Keep building! I'll p.m you some additional info on the P.M. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom