This Jussie Smollett Situation is REALLY Bizarre...

C’mon u know he was cappin’.

Stupid...

Cuz if something ever really does happen to him nobody is going to take him seriously.

man-smiling-happy-hanging-up-himself-his-thumb-up-30759482.jpg
Dog, those cookies stopped being $1 in 2002 :lol:
Really? Oh has it been that long since I had them, I am questioning everything now.

Dude about to get written off the show now.

I was one of the biggest defenders saying to give him the benefit of the doubt but if it is found out that he is lying he should be charged with filing a false police report .

Well, the CPD said these stories that they think he made up the story are not true. I'll continue to give the benefit of the doubt because there are a lot of people that seem way too invested in calling it a hoax and have an agenda.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/0...attack-empire-house-raid-persons-of-interest/

Last edited:
Every celeb was caping for this dude too. Even though peeps who grew up in Chicago and was familiar with the area knew this story didnt add up. As well as peeps with logical sense :smh:

They had to, with the way social media is. Everyone has to be PC and speak out against everything.

Just like how they went after Kevin Hart for not being stronger in his announcement against it.

This world we have now is crazy.

I was one of the biggest defenders saying to give him the benefit of the doubt but if it is found out that he is lying he should be charged with filing a false police report .

Well, the CPD said these stories that they think he made up the story are not true. I'll continue to give the benefit of the doubt because there are a lot of people that seem way too invested in calling it a hoax and have an agenda.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/0...attack-empire-house-raid-persons-of-interest/

Honest question, I come in peace.

When do YOU decide to give someone benefit of the doubt? Do they have to be a minority?

If it was a straight white dude that sad he got jumped by 2 gay black dudes, would you offer the same level of benefit of the doubt to the white man's story?

Chicago Police Dispute Reports That Attack on "Empire" Actor Jussie Smollett Was a Hoax
smollett.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie...ago-police-dispute-reports-empire-actor-hoax/

Two brothers are being questioned as "persons of interest" in the alleged beating of "Empire" star Jussie Smollett, reports CBS News correspondent Dean Reynolds. Their Chicago home was raided Thursday.A source told CBS Chicago investigators are looking at whether the men helped the actor stage tChicago police tweeted that reports about the "incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectivesThe brothers are of Nigerian descent and apparently left for Nigeria the same day as the alleged attack.

Their attorney, Gloria Schmidt, said when they returned Wednesday, they were detained by police at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

She said they could face charges as early as Friday, but what they could be charged with is still unclear. Schmidt said her clients are adamant they had nothing to do with the alleged attack on Smollett.

"They are baffled about why they are people of interest," Schmidt said. "It's an awful thing that happened to Jussie, but it's not my guys."

She added that her clients have worked with Smollett on the set of "Empire" and have spent time with him at the gym.

smollett.jpg

Jussie Smollett GETTY

She said they were as shocked as everyone else when they learned about the possible hate crime. "This is someone that they know, this is someone that they've worked with. So they don't want to see somebody go through that," Schmidt said.

Last month, Smollett told police two men beat him around 2 a.m. near his Chicago apartment. Police later released two surveillance images of the persons of interest.

Smollett, who is gay, told police the attackers doused him in an unknown substance that smelled like bleach and tied a rope around his neck. He detailed the alleged attack in a recent interview, saying, "I see the attacker masked and he said, 'This MAGA country (bleep).' Punches me right in the face. So I punched his (bleep) back. So we started tussling. … There was a second person involved who was kicking me in my back."

When police raided the Chicago home of the persons of interest Wednesday night, doors were broken and clothes and belongings tossed around. CBS Chicago reports that police removed bleach, a "black facemask hat," a red hat, an "Empire" script, receipts and other items.

"I've never been some media *****," Smollett said. "That's not who I am. I don't look for that type of attention."

Smollett has denied being involved in or making up the assault. He said he hopes the suspects will be found.

"I will never be the man that this did not happen to," he said. "I am forever changed."

20th Century Fox and writers for "Empire" are pushing back on reports Smollett was being written off the show when this incident took place.

Smollett's publicist said he answered routine follow-up questions for Chicago police Thursday and continues to cooperate.

Police about to look real stupid lying and wasting valuable time on something they knew was made up

if the rumors that his story are not credible why are police even responding during an ongoing investigation?

What would be the reasoning for staging an attack in fear of bring written off the show?

Would that make them reconsider or something, I dont get it..

Wasn't it Chicago where that girl died in the freezer too? They get some weird cases out there.

Honest question, I come in peace.

When do YOU decide to give someone benefit of the doubt? Do they have to be a minority?

If it was a straight white dude that sad he got jumped by 2 gay black dudes, would you offer the same level of benefit of the doubt to the white man's story?

I give the benefit of the doubt if they have no history of lying and there is no evidence suggesting that their story isn't true. Them being a minority is not relevant.

Yes, I would give the benefit of the doubt to a white man's story.

Back
Top Bottom