this Thread about nothing thread is killing da whole vibe in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with ninjahood... (although I post in the TAN occasionally - used to be heavy in there)

Like instead of making threads, people run to the TAN and post. Its also a fast moving thread, so potential topics is sometimes overlooked and lost in the shuffle.

Its also killing the lulz... What if scshift, instead of making the spiderman thread, just posted the pic in the TAN? Topics that could be thread worthy are not being made.

Folks are lazy....The few useful threads with quality topics or information I bring to the table usually get little play/feedback from the entire population. They probably only appeal to some of the older NTers or folks at certain stages of life.

I see all the "problems" or negatives being posted in here......Who has some solutions how to improve NT/General though?

What do we need? More users who make threads? Less what?

Everytime folks jump out and make a thread.....we have the first 10-15 negative consdescending, pompous, douche bag members shoot them down and throw salt/negativity all over the thread or clown them for just joining this Summer. Folks don't make it too inviting or a positive environment to post/share info. Seriously.

So you rather have 100 small 1 page threads?
who said they would ALL be just one page? potential block buster lulz filled threads on NT all start on their own merit with da contributions of others.

Wheres the old pic of NT emblems ps'd into a pic full of sharks with a caption "welcome to NT" or something like that

I agree with ninjahood... (although I post in the TAN occasionally - used to be heavy in there)

Like instead of making threads, people run to the TAN and post. Its also a fast moving thread, so potential topics is sometimes overlooked and lost in the shuffle.

Its also killing the lulz... What if scshift, instead of making the spiderman thread, just posted the pic in the TAN? Topics that could be thread worthy are not being made.
58d19469_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

one da most funniest threads ever on NT started because someone was curious, wasn't afraid to START A TOPIC, ask a question "what is this?" and post this

spiderman-desk.png

I'd much rather have the thread about nothing than a first page filled with dumb *** new topics every single day like in the past.

#TeamTAN Deal with it.

Btw in before the lock
glasses.gif
This! Not everything needs a topic of its own, and many of us dont think we're that important to start our own threads all the time. So, we stick to TAN- nothing but good vibes. Cmon Ninja, you better than this
mean.gif
Sig it up fellas

Shuttlesworth hit it onthe head too, every topic is filled with BS condescending responses and people trying to get cheap laughs or say stupid stuff anyways. TAN is dudes being themselves and helping others out
so this is what its boiling down to? instead of people grinding and earnin their forum credibility da honest way, so when i see someone's SN make a topic im interested and click

right away, ya all gonna be cowards and just hide behind da thread about nothing cuz ya afraid da thread ya started is gonna be a flop? smh....

da laissez faire system of making threads and them crashing or flying on their OWN merit or da credibility of da OP is da reason that general was da best section in all of NT

now i aint seeing ANY NEWS, because everyone wants to post da first thing they see in that giant blackhole of a thread, instead of contributing to da entire general.

there's a TON of people that dont wanna click 100s of pages of complete RANDOM...at least if you're checking official post on android or jewelry, and you clicked da thread for

that interest, you're gonna get a MARATHON of da same stuff you wanted to see, which is helpful. 100s of pages of random topics ISNT helpful.

NOOOOOOO! Don't say such horrible things!

And I agree. I love the thread about nothing, and it can absorb some of the nonsense posts that have nowhere else to go, but it has been grown too much and now sucks the life out of general.

I partially blame the new layout. I don't know if others do the same, but I find it difficult to browse the forum page (i.e. General), so instead I just go to my profile and see if topics I have posted in have new posts. Thus I'm unlikely to see or contribute to interesting new threads.

Folks are lazy....The few useful threads with quality topics or information I bring to the table usually get little play/feedback from the entire population. They probably only appeal to some of the older NTers or folks at certain stages of life.

I see all the "problems" or negatives being posted in here......Who has some solutions how to improve NT/General though?

What do we need? More users who make threads? Less what?

Everytime folks jump out and make a thread.....we have the first 10-15 negative consdescending, pompous, douche bag members shoot them down and throw salt/negativity all over the thread or clown them for just joining this Summer. Folks don't make it too inviting or a positive environment to post/share info. Seriously.
EFF that, its steel getting forged by FIRE....you think if i took a OUNCE of negativity i get here sometimes serious enough that i would stop making threads?
laugh.gif

i say people need to stop feeling like they have to HIDE behind a massive thread of randomness to get a point across.

I'm on record in thread about nothing saying it was really hurting general. and I usually agree with ninja on most. but i thought about it...

its really the same damb 20-30 SNs posting in there. not all of NT posts in there instead of making new threads. i think a lot of heads in there lurking (almost 235k views :wow: ) but click on the number of replies and add that ish up.

-out of almost 39k replies, the top 20-30 posters in there have almost 16k of them.

-a lot of the SNs in there don't eff with the thread nomo.

so really the thread about nothing is just a chatroom for a couple heads on here. you tryna tell me those 30 people were the ones that made NT gen what it was?

nah, B.

NT been "changing" (falling off for some) cuz of the posters. some older heads have moved on. younger cats coming in. and for those of us who seen it change, its different. the hell you expect doe? times change, the world changes, but a message board about sneakers gonna stay the same forever?

nope.

you lock the thread about nothing and NT gen doesn't go back to how it was. everyone in that thread might even move elsewhere and take members with them. you want them lolz back bring everyone for #NT back and start teaching people how to photoshop or bring crank and OGbobbyjohnson back :lol:

in conclusion, let thread about nothing cook.

cuz really its just the internet and its really not that serious

Personally, I like it. The TAN cuts down on dumb *** threads. I would think that format would be more helpful. Even when someone starts a stupid thread, they get directed to the TAN with their topic. Idk why some of y'all can let Rayray be great :nthat:

Damn Ninja sounding like a straight ***** :smh: . Hating *** ****** smh. Let them live B. Nowitzness and shuttleworth summed it up. Can we live ? :smh:

I'm on record in thread about nothing saying it was really hurting general. and I usually agree with ninja on most. but i thought about it...
its really the same damb 20-30 SNs posting in there. not all of NT posts in there instead of making new threads. i think a lot of heads in there lurking (almost 235k views
eek.gif
) but click on the number of replies and add that ish up.
-out of almost 39k replies, the top 20-30 posters in there have almost 16k of them.
-a lot of the SNs in there don't eff with the thread nomo.
so really the thread about nothing is just a chatroom for a couple heads on here. you tryna tell me those 30 people were the ones that made NT gen what it was?
nah, B.
NT been "changing" (falling off for some) cuz of the posters. some older heads have moved on. younger cats coming in. and for those of us who seen it change, its different. the hell you expect doe? times change, the world changes, but a message board about sneakers gonna stay the same forever?
nope.
you lock the thread about nothing and NT gen doesn't go back to how it was. everyone in that thread might even move elsewhere and take members with them. you want them lolz back bring everyone for #NT back and start teaching people how to photoshop or bring crank and OGbobbyjohnson back
laugh.gif

in conclusion, let thread about nothing cook.
cuz really its just the internet and its really not that serious

This guy talking about earning your stripes on a message board :lol: saddest **** I seen in a while :lol:

...says the man who rarely makes a thread himself...

He has a thread about a parade every year that any fool can make.

A thread about jewelry where people post pics.

And 2 phone threads.

Yea a lot of substance in that.

I really never considered the pull the thread had created until ninja brought

it up in another thread, and have since stopped posting there...

Like he said, what is the point of having topics or even sections if

one thread acts as a junk drawer for everything.

sorry TAN'ers but the man has a point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom