this Thread about nothing thread is killing da whole vibe in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja, I'm half and half with your thread.

Do I think some things belong in the TAN? Absolutely. Why? Simply because you got members here trying to get some cheap laughs on newly started topics, "get a blog, cool story bro, not thread worthy" and etc etc. So if they wanna share something/get something off their chest, where would you like them to post? An actual blog? Nah - Like you said, "It's NT"; it's a community.

Although, I do think that more than often people are posting in there for higher post count + reps.

what are you implying..that with 32k+ posts, my unique slang, love of american muscle, android, NYC, that i dont contribute?

im da reason people here know about nutcrackers, and all things dope culture wise in my hood in wash heightz that ya wouldn't ever learn just READING about in on wikipedia

i make thread when its IMPORTANT, and i contribute to 1000s of threads through out my stay on NT, having a hamper of a thread is KILLING topics b.

look at my rep status. i LOVE reading thread, and will graciously hand out props left and right when things i read are relevant to my interests.

i making a HUGE stink out of it cuz i feel like so many years on NT, this is actually something can potentially destroy da most popular section on da site.

i make da post cuz i care about this this place a lil bit more then da average NTer,

this place has outlived myspace, its kept pace with other competing forums..but this thread? kill a direct thread cuz its affecting da CORE way that makes this site so great.

ya need to kill it now before people who aren't keen on whats going on start vanishing thinking that this place is stagnating.

there's a REASON why Wallmart is illegal in NYC.
I know you contribute(to other peoples threads), no questioning that, but with a quick scan of the last 5 or so pages the only things thread worthy was the Roscoe Dash Twitter(which would've been moved to music) and Kill Bill vol.3. Other than that it really is a bunch of nothing.

On the other hand..threads gone wrong and catistrophic derailments are some of the best things about general.
yep

some person was talking bout
Originally Posted by stunnafasho03  

Dayglow next friday #Hyped
had this been in its own thread, inquring minds would've asked what da hell is it, and a convo would've been started...in da thread about general it got 1-2 replies and BURIED.

this is da type of things that KILL synergy in general.

look at da kill bill vol. 3 thread. in da thread about general it got 3-4 replies, i coerced son to make a thread about it, and a 2-3 reply in that wallmart thread turned into

a 2 PAGE and coming thread in general that alerted others about da news they wouldn't otherwise would've not seen otherwise.

Actually the TAN thread is very efficient. The thread's purpose is not to clog up General with miniscule topics.
general is SUPPOSED to be BRIMMING with new topics daily...what you think is efficient, is slowing general down to crawls i aint seen da da first years of niketalk,

and frankly its scary.

da tough love you get of making threads shouldn't be something that should be frowned upon, its something thats ALWAYS been celebrated because da threads

that DO last and do get heavy responses are da ones make da whole community better and makes individuals better thread conversationalist which

whether you wanna admit it or not, positively affects da way you interact with people off this site, because you're alot more enlightened.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of that thread but I come in on the other side when it comes to a solution: There needs to be more longer threads, not more random threads. That thread is here to stay, and I don't want to alienate a big subset of users. So, keep it but start having more lengthier threads. I don't really see the need for a topic because Lexus or whomever released a car. A thread about cars, car releases, car advice, etc. There should be more "official" threads imo. Every great topic on here is a lengthier topic. Just look at the threads OP brought up to state his own thread creation merits. We can never stop E/N posts (means everything to the user, nothing to everyone else) but most topics definitely fit into categories. A 2012 Presidential race thread would be a good look. 

More lengthy topics will create "juice." Having to start a new thread every instance one needs car advice is definitely a deterrent. Posting into lengthier threads will create juice. It works on SA. It would work on here. The staff would have to be more vigilant but I think it could work. 

Having basically only lengthy topics doesn't stop S&T from being the best forum on NT by far. 
official threads are great because its a marathon of 1 topic, but they only get made organically because there is such a demand of new thread from da same topic

so its basically validating what was doing on.

da thread about nothing is acting like wallmart in da way that instead of potentially successful threads turning into great discussions and etc. it gets tossed in there

buried.

people need to stop feeling like they're in a shell and make a topic if they got something new to contribute...

da end result of general moving SLOWER is a bad look for everyone.

It's not buried in that thread.. if there's a good topic in that thread it can go on for pages.

There's been a lot of repeated threads and general used to be a lot more interesting with new topics everyday. I don't know if its the new layout or TAN has to do with it. :smh:

there will be an influx of new threads now because of this htread & jp's thread....lets see how many make it past reply #15

It's not buried in that thread.. if there's a good topic in that thread it can go on for pages.
NO ONE who isn't ALREADY in that thread KNOWS about it, so it KILLS a potentially great thread into something

thats tossed into a random hamper of a thread.

when things have their own thread, they can be commented on and a thread flourishes ALOT better because da whole general forum is involved.

Stop ******g comparing Walmart moving to NY as the TAN, your trying to sound intelligent and you just sound ignorant.

A billion dollar business knocking out mom and pops stores and putting thousands out of business doesn't compare to a thread on a sneaker message board.

It's the same hand full of people in that thread going back and forth with new stuff / thoughts everyday. Every once in awhile new people stop in and go.

If you want we'll create every a thread for everything posted in that thread

Stop ******g comparing Walmart moving to NY as the TAN, your trying to sound intelligent and you just sound ignorant.
A billion dollar business knocking out mom and pops stores and putting thousands out of business doesn't compare to a thread on a sneaker message board.
It's the same hand full of people in that thread going back and forth with new stuff / thoughts everyday. Every once in awhile new people stop in and go.
If you want we'll create every a thread for everything posted in that thread
insert keef & reese shaking up gif

I agree with Ninja 100%... I can't even go in that thread it's just all over the place but I guess that's how it's supposed to be. And the same topics really do stay on the 1st page. Everything changes tho, I guess NT is no exception. Ninja your fighting a losing battle tho :smh::smh: NT has some of the most stubborn little kids ever.:lol: They're just gonna hit you with the " dude its the internet"

its da SAME idea though.

http://niketalk.com/t/507836/how-does-this-picture-make-you-feel/0_20

this thread is just a PICTURE about snoop and his son both smoking weed and its 4 pages and counting because it had its OWN thread.

had this been just put in da thread about nothing, it would've gotten a couple of replies and BURIED..a person who didn't even know da context of da pic (like me for example didn't

even know snoop's kid was that big) is now enlightened and contributes positively to da whole community because we ALL learn..

look at da pics that google images revelalled that were posted on da thread about nothing, just as compelling, but since they were just tossed in there, it got couple or replies and BURIED.

it didn't help general because it didn't move da section, and people who weren't in da thread didn't see and chime in on it.

this place is CRAWLING and moving SLOW and its because of that thread.

How is it the same idea? It's the same group of people in that thread.... And how do you know those threads were going to get made anyways? You know how may topics / images I haven't posted because i didn't feel like it? TAN or general

I agree with Ninja 100%... I can't even go in that thread it's just all over the place but I guess that's how it's supposed to be. And the same topics really do stay on the 1st page. Everything changes tho, I guess NT is no exception. Ninja your fighting a losing battle tho
mean.gif
mean.gif
NT has some of the most stubborn little kids ever.
laugh.gif
They're just gonna hit you with the " dude its the internet"
it doesn't have to KILL general, if its locked and people are ENCOURAGED on making topics.

kill bill was mentioned in that thread, it got 3-5 replies, once OP MADE a thread about it, it got 4 PAGES and counting, and most importantly, it MOVES

da WHOLE general section that much faster.

There is no doubt the forum is getting slower. I think there is a lot of old topics on the first page, there is about 50 topics on the first page which probably makes the forum even slower.

Edit- The video that Nowitness got his avy from deserved its own thread

Last edited:
How is it the same idea? It's the same group of people in that thread....
think of da record industry right now.

and think of da record industry in da 90s before da advent of downloading.

before da advent of downloading there were HUNDREDS of labels catering to wildly different genres of music.

once downloading became rampant, da labels all consolidated and became just 3 HUGE labels, and choices were consolidated and supressed.

its da same way with wallmart.

instead of a whole bunch of mom & pop shops offering unique products catering to niches that can potentially blow up into da mainstream and become a

successful chain of its own, they DIE OFF because wallmart under cuts everything. kills everything in its path, thne when there's nothing left. moves on like locust

if da same group of people instead of posting in that MASSIVELY cluttered thread post individual threads in which some are successful because it shared

new ideas to people who werent made aware it not only makes general move FASTER, but things are easier to find and talk about.

its da SAME idea though.

http://niketalk.com/t/507836/how-does-this-picture-make-you-feel/0_20

this thread is just a PICTURE about snoop and his son both smoking weed and its 4 pages and counting because it had its OWN thread.

had this been just put in da thread about nothing, it would've gotten a couple of replies and BURIED..a person who didn't even know da context of da pic (like me for example didn't

even know snoop's kid was that big) is now enlightened and contributes positively to da whole community because we ALL learn..

look at da pics that google images revelalled that were posted on da thread about nothing, just as compelling, but since they were just tossed in there, it got couple or replies and BURIED.

it didn't help general because it didn't move da section, and people who weren't in da thread didn't see and chime in on it.

this place is CRAWLING and moving SLOW and its because of that thread.

The snoop thread is WORTHLESS though dude. Its full of quotes from the 1st page and nothing relevant is being said at all. Its not even really funny. THATS what you want? More stuff to click on and distract you from real human interaction. Why have all these meaningless threads anyways? Id say 1 out of 15 is even worth clicking on anyways
so people sparking up conversations about possible co-op drug uses with your future children is "nothing relevant being said"?

mean.gif
grin.gif

and da most important thing is da Speed of general is SCREECHIN to a halt cuz of da massive slow downs of new topics being made.

page 1 is HUGE as it is now with da new platform, having da thread about nothing sap anything new from NTers contributing and making new threads is making it even SLOWER

I correlate this thread with going on NT too much for the day.

I go on NT for maybe 1 hr during the day and possibly 2 hrs at night but it's not a consistent time....like i'm on nt to check whats up ------->nothings up--------->go watch some t.v., read, check another website, listen to music.

damn things need to be locked, ya wanna pretend to be on twitter? then GO on twitter with that long *** timeline-equse thread jumbled in complete

randomness.

Guys...this is a "follow me" on twitter thread in disguise >D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom