this Thread about nothing thread is killing da whole vibe in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFF that, its steel getting forged by FIRE....you think if i took a OUNCE of negativity i get here sometimes serious enough that i would stop making threads? :lol:

i say people need to stop feeling like they have to HIDE behind a massive thread of randomness to get a point across.

I hear you, I was stating why there is a lacking of threads being posted in General. I think if the forum changed its culture and made it more conducive to new members posting......things would change up.

If you want just more "LULZ" hit up Meth and ask him if we can have Roast Threads where we nominate a member and just roast the hel out of his/her life for 10 pages or so and switch it up.

With over 42K members, we should have a huge posting population.......but there isn't.

"cowards" though?
mean.gif
it has nothing to do with being scared, its just more of a fam atmosphere in TAN, and theres SO MANY jerkoffs in general that we can bypass by staying in there. If you dont wanna browse through all of it, stay out then dude- its a forum, not that serious. Is this really effecting your life that much Ninja?
YES IT IS affecting me, because instead of seeing NEW threads, EVERYTHING is getting swallowed up in thread hamper....

thread starting is da LIFE BLOOD of Niketalk, da wack ones die, people are made examples of, da lulz commences...da great ones go down in history and

screen names superstars are born.

we can STILL remember things like "da NWO fiasco" or "da scam threads being illustrated through GIFs" "ben baller's adventures" da gucci paint on shirt, etc.

when things get consolidated, it KILLS creativity. and ever since that thread has grown to its massive size its sappin da life out of general like tumor.

YES IT IS affecting me, because instead of seeing NEW threads, EVERYTHING is getting swallowed up in thread hamper....

thread starting is da LIFE BLOOD of Niketalk, da wack ones die, people are made examples of, da lulz commences...da great ones go down in history and

we can STILL remember things like "da NWO fiasco" or "da scam threads being illustrated through GIFs" "ben baller's adventures" da gucci paint on shirt, etc.

when things get consolidated, it KILLS creativity. and ever since that thread has grown to its massive size its sappin da life out of general like tumor.
Son its a forum......are you listening to yourself right now ?

Can we have a vote on this? Let's see who chooses what and PM a mod if we decide that we don't want TAN as a community anymore.

Can we have a vote on this? Let's see who chooses what and PM a mod if we decide that we don't want TAN as a community anymore.

Why? The thread isn't breaking rules though.

If that's the case I vote to have ninjahood banned because I'm tired of seeing "da"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not a fan of that thread but I come in on the other side when it comes to a solution: There needs to be more longer threads, not more random threads. That thread is here to stay, and I don't want to alienate a big subset of users. So, keep it but start having more lengthier threads. I don't really see the need for a topic because Lexus or whomever released a car. A thread about cars, car releases, car advice, etc. There should be more "official" threads imo. Every great topic on here is a lengthier topic. Just look at the threads OP brought up to state his own thread creation merits. We can never stop E/N posts (means everything to the user, nothing to everyone else) but most topics definitely fit into categories. A 2012 Presidential race thread would be a good look. 

More lengthy topics will create "juice." Having to start a new thread every instance one needs car advice is definitely a deterrent. Posting into lengthier threads will create juice. It works on SA. It would work on here. The staff would have to be more vigilant but I think it could work. 

Having basically only lengthy topics doesn't stop S&T from being the best forum on NT by far. 

Last edited:
im seeing da same damn threads in da first pages for a while, and im wondering where all da "news" is at....

having a HUGE junk thread with no direction is KILLING this section, because you lazy bums dont wanna make a new thread

and post current news.

and now there's one in da music section too
indifferent.gif

damn things need to be locked, ya wanna pretend to be on twitter? then GO on twitter with that long *** timeline-equse thread jumbled in complete

randomness.
I've only seen a few news articles posted in TAN so the news is not in TAN.

How does having the TAN correlate to people not wanting to make new threads?

If you legitimately browsed the thread, you'd realize that all your statements are wrong.

Most of the posts in there are of people saying their piece, posting random pix, music, etc, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

If you think that that is killing NT, just pretend that the TAN doesn't exist.

How are they "lazy" if they're contributing to another thread instead making one?

Even if it was like twitter, how is that killing the vibe of general?

How many pages of TAN did you actually browse before coming to the conclusion that it should be locked.

Even if there were new topics made they'd be buried.

I know I for one only look at the first or second page of General a majority of the time.

Any page after that is pushing it for me.

...says the man who rarely makes a thread himself...
what are you implying..that with 32k+ posts, my unique slang, love of american muscle, android, NYC, that i dont contribute?
grin.gif

im da reason people here know about nutcrackers, and all things dope culture wise in my hood in wash heightz that ya wouldn't ever learn just READING about in on wikipedia

i make thread when its IMPORTANT, and i contribute to 1000s of threads through out my stay on NT, having a hamper of a thread is KILLING topics b.

look at my rep status. i LOVE reading thread, and will graciously hand out props left and right when things i read are relevant to my interests.

i making a HUGE stink out of it cuz i feel like so many years on NT, this is actually something can potentially destroy da most popular section on da site.

i make da post cuz i care about this this place a lil bit more then da average NTer,

this place has outlived myspace, its kept pace with other competing forums..but this thread? kill a direct thread cuz its affecting da CORE way that makes this site so great.

ya need to kill it now before people who aren't keen on whats going on start vanishing thinking that this place is stagnating.

there's a REASON why Wallmart is illegal in NYC.

Last edited:

naw eff that b, this aint just any effing forum...this is #NT b, having some damn pride.

this place is da place where i can rest my head after work, have some lively discussions, learn a couple of things, get some laughs, and waste my money on athletic footwear.

its my virtual bar, its BEEN da place da be for a decade...so when i seen things that directly harm da dynamics of this site, i take it personal...i feel i been here too many years

and got too much invested up in here to have something like da thread about nothing become da nail that did da general forum in.

Wall mart is illegal in NYC because it would WIPE OUT all da unique small mom & pop shops in da neighborhoods and consolidate & homogenize a great unique town into

a random nothing full of random cheap stuff thats got no soul... that thread about nothing is doing da same thing to general and i see it

Ninjahood would be on the Mt. Rushmore of NT. The diction and verbiage is uncanny.

This man said....."da laissez faire system...." :lol:

im seeing da same damn threads in da first pages for a while, and im wondering where all da "news" is at....

having a HUGE junk thread with no direction is KILLING this section, because you lazy bums dont wanna make a new thread

and post current news.

and now there's one in da music section too
indifferent.gif

damn things need to be locked, ya wanna pretend to be on twitter? then GO on twitter with that long *** timeline-equse thread jumbled in complete

randomness.
I've only seen a few news articles posted in TAN so the news is not in TAN.

How does having the TAN correlate to people not wanting to make new threads?

If you legitimately browsed the thread, you'd realize that all your statements are wrong.

Most of the posts in there are of people saying their piece, posting random pix, music, etc, and whatever else I'm forgetting.

If you think that that is killing NT, just pretend that the TAN doesn't exist.

How are they "lazy" if they're contributing to another thread instead making one?

Even if it was like twitter, how is that killing the vibe of general?

How many pages of TAN did you actually browse before coming to the conclusion that it should be locked.

Even if there were new topics made they'd be buried.

I know I for one only look at the first or second page of General a majority of the time.

Any page after that is pushing it for me.
it promotes laziness..instead of making a new thread about ANYTHING new besides formatted news articles, it gets thrown in there.

trash thread sink to da bottom fast, you know what you call that? natural selection. let da process of natural selection take place organically. da problem is people

and putting EVERYTHING in da that thread, so potential DOPE threads get BURIED it that only a couple of ya who post there all da time get to see instead of

having its own thread and letting da entire community see.

i guarantee if a new thread was posted for a percentage of the stuff thats posted in TAN & the same bellyaching whining nters will come in saying nt is falling off & the threads are crap yada yada yadda ....

just like with sillyputty

NT doesnt know what they do & do not want

they just know how to %^ & moan

Last edited:
naw eff that b, this aint just any effing forum...this is #NT b, having some damn pride.

this place is da place where i can rest my head after work, have some lively discussions, learn a couple of things, get some laughs, and waste my money on athletic footwear.

its my virtual bar, its BEEN da place da be for a decade...so when i seen things that directly harm da dynamics of this site, i take it personal...i feel i been here too many years

an
d got too much invested up in here to have something like da thread about nothing become da nail that did da general forum in.

Wall mart is illegal in NYC because it would WIPE OUT all da unique small mom & pop shops in da neighborhoods and consolidate & homogenize a great unique town into

a random nothing full of random cheap stuff thats got no soul... that thread about nothing is doing da same thing to general and i see it

Repped for the bolded.

I'm personally kinda torn on the TAN debate because I do actually enjoy the thread, but I dig what you said. Dudes are so quick to use that "This is just the internet" line.

I respect the passion Ninjahood. Think about what else has remained relevant in your life for 8 years (in your case)? NT is more than just a website for some folks who have been coming here for 3,5 or 10 years.....I can appreciate anyone actively trying to make this site better and that actually cares enough to express it.

i guarantee if a new thread was posted for a percentage of the stuff thats posted in TAN & the same bellyaching whining nters will come in saying nt is falling off & the threads are crap yada yada yadda ....
those earlier complaints were never rooted in merit, except da change from yuku to our new platform, but in da long run its alot better cuz i dont miss that wizard AT ALL.

but this glut of a thread is SAPPING general. and i aint da only one who notices it., when i peeped why i was getting SO much reps da other day, its because SO MANY people

agree with me on da fact that da thread about nothing is NOT making NT a better community, its making it worse...slower general is da LAST THING you want to happen

to this site. cuz once that engine stop running, it'll be a miracle to get it back with all da new competition on da web these days.

what are you implying..that with 32k+ posts, my unique slang, love of american muscle, android, NYC, that i dont contribute? >D

im da reason people here know about nutcrackers, and all things dope culture wise in my hood in wash heightz that ya wouldn't ever learn just READING about in on wikipedia

i make thread when its IMPORTANT, and i contribute to 1000s of threads through out my stay on NT, having a hamper of a thread is KILLING topics b.

look at my rep status. i LOVE reading thread, and will graciously hand out props left and right when things i read are relevant to my interests.

i making a HUGE stink out of it cuz i feel like so many years on NT, this is actually something can potentially destroy da most popular section on da site.

i make da post cuz i care about this this place a lil bit more then da average NTer,

this place has outlived myspace, its kept pace with other competing forums..but this thread? kill a direct thread cuz its affecting da CORE way that makes this site so great.

ya need to kill it now before people who aren't keen on whats going on start vanishing thinking that this place is stagnating.

o_O ...damn.

if you say so B...

i wont continue to try & debate with you because its clear you think what you are saying is right, AND any & everyhting else is wrong....... & its also clear you have no plans for stepping off da ledge

so ill let you continue to cook in your thread & ill dip

ps. my kill bill thread made it off pg 1..... a place when 99% of other threads never make it because members think "insert topic here  ________" isnt thread worthy

Last edited:
THERES a balance or i think there should be a balance.

NOt all threads deserve there own thread. so you post in TAN

but i see your point/reasonin op

Ninja get a life dog. Like you're looking pathetic right now talking about your rep points and bringing da heightz culture to the interwebz. Dog you're like 30 and this is the INTERNET. Cmon. :lol:

what are you implying..that with 32k+ posts, my unique slang, love of american muscle, android, NYC, that i dont contribute?

I know you contribute(to other peoples threads), no questioning that, but with a quick scan of the last 5 or so pages the only things thread worthy was the Roscoe Dash Twitter(which would've been moved to music) and Kill Bill vol.3. Other than that it really is a bunch of nothing.

On the other hand..threads gone wrong and catistrophic derailments are some of the best things about general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom