this will not be LeBron's first nationally televised press conference ::

laugh.gif
 classic commercial.

but to actual point, what DISGUSTING comments by Dan Gilbert..I thought enough of the classless actions by the fans burning his jersey..but this idiot took it to another level..

LeBron gave you 7 years of hard work and dedication and this fool is quick to yap off at the mouth about betrayal..so unprofessional, I wonder who will even want to play for Cleveland with that letter ringing loud in the media..fans will turn on you in a heartbeat, but to hear this from an owner is pitiful.

the NBA is a business..LeBron has every right not to return your calls or talk to anyone for that matter...could he have told Dan he was leaving prior? sure..did he have to? no..if business was perfect they would tell players that they are getting traded or cut..catch 22

now to LeBrons situation, he couldn't have conducted it better than he did...we all know Wizards fans can't and don't like this guy, but at the end of the day he is a professional..wherever he went he was gonna get criticized...if it was New York, he would have been called a sell out for joining the big market...if it was Chicago, they would bring up trying to fill MJ's legacy...if it was staying in Cleveland, it would have been not taking advantage of going to a team that has the best chance at a championship..

it just so happens that he picked the best option for him in which some say was the easy way out, joining a superstar team ala the Boston Celtics (although I think Chicago would have been a better fit)...look at the facts though...could have taken the max deal with cleveland but he didn't..he wants that ring...Bosh, Wade & Bron are all in it for the team.

Wizards got a long road SMH

laugh.gif
 classic commercial.

but to actual point, what DISGUSTING comments by Dan Gilbert..I thought enough of the classless actions by the fans burning his jersey..but this idiot took it to another level..

LeBron gave you 7 years of hard work and dedication and this fool is quick to yap off at the mouth about betrayal..so unprofessional, I wonder who will even want to play for Cleveland with that letter ringing loud in the media..fans will turn on you in a heartbeat, but to hear this from an owner is pitiful.

the NBA is a business..LeBron has every right not to return your calls or talk to anyone for that matter...could he have told Dan he was leaving prior? sure..did he have to? no..if business was perfect they would tell players that they are getting traded or cut..catch 22

now to LeBrons situation, he couldn't have conducted it better than he did...we all know Wizards fans can't and don't like this guy, but at the end of the day he is a professional..wherever he went he was gonna get criticized...if it was New York, he would have been called a sell out for joining the big market...if it was Chicago, they would bring up trying to fill MJ's legacy...if it was staying in Cleveland, it would have been not taking advantage of going to a team that has the best chance at a championship..

it just so happens that he picked the best option for him in which some say was the easy way out, joining a superstar team ala the Boston Celtics (although I think Chicago would have been a better fit)...look at the facts though...could have taken the max deal with cleveland but he didn't..he wants that ring...Bosh, Wade & Bron are all in it for the team.

Wizards got a long road SMH

what DISGUSTING comments by Dan Gilbert..I thought enough of the classless actions by the fans burning his jersey..but this idiot took it to another level..

Actually champ as far as I'm concerned Dan Gilbert did the RIGHT thing by speaking from the fans perspective in that open letter.  For the last few years Lebron has had nothing but a bunch of "yes men" in his corner from his friends to even some fans telling him he can do no wrong, and now at least finally somebody had the courage to call Lebron out for the FRAUD and phony that he is.  All this "King James" talk is all down the drain now that LeFraud has decided to team up DeWayne Wade to be his Robin.  It's really not about LeFraud not resigning with Cleveland per se, it's about the way he handled it, from not returning the team phone calls or turning down meetings with them.  If he didn't want to resign with Cleveland fine, but at least have the courage and or heart to let them know that before you go on national television to make the announcement and even worse yet waiting till all the big names free agents are signed thus giving the Cavs no chance or trying to gain another star player.

what DISGUSTING comments by Dan Gilbert..I thought enough of the classless actions by the fans burning his jersey..but this idiot took it to another level..

Actually champ as far as I'm concerned Dan Gilbert did the RIGHT thing by speaking from the fans perspective in that open letter.  For the last few years Lebron has had nothing but a bunch of "yes men" in his corner from his friends to even some fans telling him he can do no wrong, and now at least finally somebody had the courage to call Lebron out for the FRAUD and phony that he is.  All this "King James" talk is all down the drain now that LeFraud has decided to team up DeWayne Wade to be his Robin.  It's really not about LeFraud not resigning with Cleveland per se, it's about the way he handled it, from not returning the team phone calls or turning down meetings with them.  If he didn't want to resign with Cleveland fine, but at least have the courage and or heart to let them know that before you go on national television to make the announcement and even worse yet waiting till all the big names free agents are signed thus giving the Cavs no chance or trying to gain another star player.

I respect your opinion Deuce but I wholeheartedly disagree.

LeBron was a FREE AGENT. That man can do whatever he pleases. It just so happens that the media circle had the hype machine ready for this 'decision' and had to milk it for everything it was worth

Dan Gilbert let his emotions get the best of him and caved in. His letter came off as arrogant, disrespectful and bitter. Who the hell says "Just Watch" at the end of your statement like a punk. That isn't representation of the real fans out there in cleveland who are trying to stomach this situation. He's clearly sided himself with the city leeches who are burning his jersey.

they are all quick to judge Bron for not returning phone calls or getting in contact with management of the teams in the running...but at the end of the days these are the same people who will trade or cut your *#)# and your left with a "sorry man, it's just business."

do I think he should have went to Miami? hell no I would've preferred seeing him In Chicago with Rose..but that is beside the point.

I respect your opinion Deuce but I wholeheartedly disagree.

LeBron was a FREE AGENT. That man can do whatever he pleases. It just so happens that the media circle had the hype machine ready for this 'decision' and had to milk it for everything it was worth

Dan Gilbert let his emotions get the best of him and caved in. His letter came off as arrogant, disrespectful and bitter. Who the hell says "Just Watch" at the end of your statement like a punk. That isn't representation of the real fans out there in cleveland who are trying to stomach this situation. He's clearly sided himself with the city leeches who are burning his jersey.

they are all quick to judge Bron for not returning phone calls or getting in contact with management of the teams in the running...but at the end of the days these are the same people who will trade or cut your *#)# and your left with a "sorry man, it's just business."

do I think he should have went to Miami? hell no I would've preferred seeing him In Chicago with Rose..but that is beside the point.

You can think what you want about Dan gilbert...I just ask...what you would you do if you just lost $150 Million with more damage to come and no return on your investment.

You can think what you want about Dan gilbert...I just ask...what you would you do if you just lost $150 Million with more damage to come and no return on your investment.

^that man made a ton off LeBron in the years he had with Cleveland...there are 100 million ways Gilbert could have conducted this situation better than he did.

and stop with this Batman and Robin and Jordan and Scottie *#)$.

^that man made a ton off LeBron in the years he had with Cleveland...there are 100 million ways Gilbert could have conducted this situation better than he did.

and stop with this Batman and Robin and Jordan and Scottie *#)$.

eyes.gif
That isn't representation of the real fans out there in cleveland who are trying to stomach this situation. He's clearly sided himself with the city leeches who are burning his jersey
I repect your opinion too xcg11pinoYx, but have you been to the midwest recently??  I guarantee you the fans burning LeFraud's jersey or their reactions represent more than 50% of the population of what Cleveland or the state of Ohio is feeling right now.  You gotta realize the midwest especially a city like Cleveland really has nothing going for them beside Lebron being there, not ragging on anbody from Cleveland or Ohio but it is what it is.  I myself have family in Detroit, and I use to rag on Detroit myself alot a few years back until I started going up there more and more often over the last few years to visit family and go to family reunions.  People that live in Detroit or Cleveland don't have much of anthing going for them, so when a glimmer of hope like Lebron comes along they live vicariously threw him or the accomplishments that he brings to their particular town.  I'm quite sure Cleveland is just like Detroit in the sense that you can walk down any street in that city and see depression to the right of you, depression to the left of you and damn sure alot of depression to the front and rear of you.  IMO LeFraud owed the fans of Cleveland a little better than that than to just give some BS press conference saying he's heading to South Beach.  He's knows how much he means/meant to that city let alone that state, at least be man enough to explain your point of view to them and maybe just maybe the fans might have been a bit more sympathetic to you..  Like I said, the midwest doesn't have much going for them, why do you think they take college football so seriously (ie.Ohio State/Michigan/) that's there only relief from the dark cloud that hangs over them day in and day out.   

Also, I won't even comment on that "so called" charity part of his conference last night.  Just another sad attempt to try and cover up the fact that it was all about him last night.  Like I said, he was a FRAUD then and he's even more of a FRAUD now.  As far as I'm concerned he's the new Robin for the Miami Heat.   

eyes.gif
That isn't representation of the real fans out there in cleveland who are trying to stomach this situation. He's clearly sided himself with the city leeches who are burning his jersey
I repect your opinion too xcg11pinoYx, but have you been to the midwest recently??  I guarantee you the fans burning LeFraud's jersey or their reactions represent more than 50% of the population of what Cleveland or the state of Ohio is feeling right now.  You gotta realize the midwest especially a city like Cleveland really has nothing going for them beside Lebron being there, not ragging on anbody from Cleveland or Ohio but it is what it is.  I myself have family in Detroit, and I use to rag on Detroit myself alot a few years back until I started going up there more and more often over the last few years to visit family and go to family reunions.  People that live in Detroit or Cleveland don't have much of anthing going for them, so when a glimmer of hope like Lebron comes along they live vicariously threw him or the accomplishments that he brings to their particular town.  I'm quite sure Cleveland is just like Detroit in the sense that you can walk down any street in that city and see depression to the right of you, depression to the left of you and damn sure alot of depression to the front and rear of you.  IMO LeFraud owed the fans of Cleveland a little better than that than to just give some BS press conference saying he's heading to South Beach.  He's knows how much he means/meant to that city let alone that state, at least be man enough to explain your point of view to them and maybe just maybe the fans might have been a bit more sympathetic to you..  Like I said, the midwest doesn't have much going for them, why do you think they take college football so seriously (ie.Ohio State/Michigan/) that's there only relief from the dark cloud that hangs over them day in and day out.   

Also, I won't even comment on that "so called" charity part of his conference last night.  Just another sad attempt to try and cover up the fact that it was all about him last night.  Like I said, he was a FRAUD then and he's even more of a FRAUD now.  As far as I'm concerned he's the new Robin for the Miami Heat.   

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

now to LeBrons situation, he couldn't have conducted it better than he did...
It's business, yeah. Bad Business. He burned a lot of bridges over this whole thing.

He could not have conducted this in a worse manner. Why did he need to have a press confernece, hour long special on ESPN, etc? However you feel about Jordan, he knew how to comeback (1st time). A 2 WORD PRESS RELEASE to the Chicago tribune. "I'm Back" . That's all he needed to do.

Lebron's 1st priority has to be money, because this move to Miami is going to kill his legacy. Don't forget the Heat are Dwayne Wade's team. He put that team on his back in 2006 and won that title. That's his title. Even if the new Heat go out and win 5 rings, and Lebron dominates the Finals, he'll still just be the best player on a great (questionable) team. At one point, it looked like he was a legimate threat to Michael Jordan's basketball sumpremacy. Now, he might not even be the best player on his own team.

Bad move for Lebron Inc.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

now to LeBrons situation, he couldn't have conducted it better than he did...
It's business, yeah. Bad Business. He burned a lot of bridges over this whole thing.

He could not have conducted this in a worse manner. Why did he need to have a press confernece, hour long special on ESPN, etc? However you feel about Jordan, he knew how to comeback (1st time). A 2 WORD PRESS RELEASE to the Chicago tribune. "I'm Back" . That's all he needed to do.

Lebron's 1st priority has to be money, because this move to Miami is going to kill his legacy. Don't forget the Heat are Dwayne Wade's team. He put that team on his back in 2006 and won that title. That's his title. Even if the new Heat go out and win 5 rings, and Lebron dominates the Finals, he'll still just be the best player on a great (questionable) team. At one point, it looked like he was a legimate threat to Michael Jordan's basketball sumpremacy. Now, he might not even be the best player on his own team.

Bad move for Lebron Inc.

The ignorance in this thread is utterly insulting. The man took his team to the finals in 07 when the Cavs honestly sucked as much as the Knicks do now. The man worked so hard and do so many great things for a team that turned their back on HIM. Sure Antwan was cool and Shaq played his role, but the rest of the team SUCKED and it showed. Michael was never in that spot. Kobe was and the fellow was gonna leave asap, but Lakers got Pau. The Cavs made no moves to get the King his second option. Antwan is not a second option and neither was Shaq.

I hope This Super Power Trio destroys anything in their way so the fans can shut their mouth and understand this is the most selfless act in the history of all sports.

The ignorance in this thread is utterly insulting. The man took his team to the finals in 07 when the Cavs honestly sucked as much as the Knicks do now. The man worked so hard and do so many great things for a team that turned their back on HIM. Sure Antwan was cool and Shaq played his role, but the rest of the team SUCKED and it showed. Michael was never in that spot. Kobe was and the fellow was gonna leave asap, but Lakers got Pau. The Cavs made no moves to get the King his second option. Antwan is not a second option and neither was Shaq.

I hope This Super Power Trio destroys anything in their way so the fans can shut their mouth and understand this is the most selfless act in the history of all sports.

I just hope these hometown bammas that supported the CAVS stay true to that franchise, but we know their true colors and they'll turn south for miami as fast as bron' himself.

I just hope these hometown bammas that supported the CAVS stay true to that franchise, but we know their true colors and they'll turn south for miami as fast as bron' himself.

Originally Posted by Kojomesa

Antawn jamison and mo williams are all stars. andy varejao is one of the best defense big men in the league. delonte west is a good role player. they've had a better than average cast around lebron for years now, and he couldn't get it done.

I dont think most people beleived Kobe was going to leave, it was more a power move to make the lakers bring him help. I guess it worked out for them

The "Super Power Trio" won't be demolishing too much.One question though, who's taking the last shot at the end of the game?

Antawn jamison and mo williams are all stars. andy varejao is one of the best defense big men in the league. delonte west is a good role player. they've had a better than average cast around lebron for years now, and he couldn't get it done.

I dont think most people beleived Kobe was going to leave, it was more a power move to make the lakers bring him help. I guess it worked out for them

The "Super Power Trio" won't be demolishing too much.One question though, who's taking the last shot at the end of the game?

The ignorance in this thread is utterly insulting.
Basically.

On top of dan Gilbert kissing !## if Lebron said "Cleveland" out his mouth.

In the words of Canibus, "That's a %**!# move, something a **!% rapper would do..."

I can't respect it.  Say some of that (i.e. him quitting in the playoffs) immediately after the Boston series if YOU A MAN.

No nuts.

No guts.

Typical (slave) owner reaction.

He's taken is cotton pickin' elsewhere, on his terms, and now 7 years (5 years with Dan as owner) of being the best lil' profitable Blackie he could have been for his "kinda" town (dude IS from Akon, lol) is forgotten?

It's whatever.

Remember the Boozer situation?  LBJ couldn't get Ray Allen or Reed to come a few years ago, that was his shot right there.

Being a Bullets fan, I'm just glad we ain't pay Brendon $55 mil.  But that's off the topic here...

BLOW THE WHISTLE! 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom