this will not be LeBron's first nationally televised press conference ::

Magic Johnson inherited Kareem Abdul Jabbar

That's the key word right there.

You remember when LA traded Shaq and Kobe was stuck with Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler, Brian Cook and Brian Grant AND HE DEMANDED A TRADE!?
Demanding a trade and actually leaving the team are two different things.  If he truly was the "King" as he would have others believe then maybe he himself could have done more or spoken the his GM at the time Ferry on ways to improve the team.  Instead he just cut and ran from the Cavs to join another man's team, thus making him the new Robin of the league.

yet Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen, ANOTHER TOP 50 GREAT OF ALL TIME right by his side during EVERY championship
   Sounds like Batman and Robin to me champ.

"Players nowadays", negro please. You're 24. You are nowadays.
You sure about that??

Those are Hall of Fame numbers. And he's 25.
Are you saying if his career were to end right now your telling me that he'd be in the HOF with those numbers??

Edit--

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
I’m never mentioning him and Jordan in the same sentence ever again.
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

Can't wait to see what folks have to say these players comments.

Magic Johnson inherited Kareem Abdul Jabbar

That's the key word right there.

You remember when LA traded Shaq and Kobe was stuck with Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler, Brian Cook and Brian Grant AND HE DEMANDED A TRADE!?
Demanding a trade and actually leaving the team are two different things.  If he truly was the "King" as he would have others believe then maybe he himself could have done more or spoken the his GM at the time Ferry on ways to improve the team.  Instead he just cut and ran from the Cavs to join another man's team, thus making him the new Robin of the league.

yet Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen, ANOTHER TOP 50 GREAT OF ALL TIME right by his side during EVERY championship
   Sounds like Batman and Robin to me champ.

"Players nowadays", negro please. You're 24. You are nowadays.
You sure about that??

Those are Hall of Fame numbers. And he's 25.
Are you saying if his career were to end right now your telling me that he'd be in the HOF with those numbers??

Edit--

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

Can't wait to see what folks have to say these players comments.

The slave master mentality..

I can't rock with it ..

That letter was written out of spite and hurt emotions imo

an upset sports fan/owner

If Dan Gilbert was black and did that would it be a slave master mentality then?

Put yourself in that @!$*% shoes ..

He lost a 100+ million and his team and city got ***+$%# on ..

WHATEVER Lebron wanted ..Dan Gilbert made sure he had it ..

Bron said jump .. Dan was like "How High" .. Dude invested alot in Lebron

I think both Lebron and Dan Gilbert Handled that +#!@ terribly ..

Dan I can understand ( not saying I agree ) tho ..

But a hour special to announce where you going?
eyes.gif

was he really struggling with the decision like he said he was .. HELL NO

I think he should just kept it 100 and said he was happy to leave cleveland

The slave master mentality..

I can't rock with it ..

That letter was written out of spite and hurt emotions imo

an upset sports fan/owner

If Dan Gilbert was black and did that would it be a slave master mentality then?

Put yourself in that @!$*% shoes ..

But a hour special to announce where you going?
eyes.gif

was he really struggling with the decision like he said he was .. HELL NO

I think he should just kept it 100 and said he was happy to leave cleveland

I swear some of ya'll bammas hate just to hate.
1.  So Lebron should say F his chances of winning a championship (the reason why they play the game right
grin.gif
) for the sake of not disappointing the city of Cleveland? Their economy was in the dumps before he was there, while he was there, and will continue to be most likely for many years to come.  

2. He owes NOTHING to Dan Gilbert.  How do you owe a owner anything when you are a FREE AGENT..c'mon son.

3. The Cavs supporting cast was average at best.  Jamison is clearly not what he used to be, and Mo Williams was a sympathy pick as a all-star just because they had the best record.

4. Yes, LeBron was being a dickhead for the hour-long special.  Thats the only thing I see he did wrong in this situation.

oh and its ironic all the people Deuce King quoted have NOT won a championship 
laugh.gif
.  Now when Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Bird, hell even Duncan..come out in say something, then I will value such words.  

1.  So Lebron should say F his chances of winning a championship (the reason why they play the game right
grin.gif
) for the sake of not disappointing the city of Cleveland? Their economy was in the dumps before he was there, while he was there, and will continue to be most likely for many years to come.  

2. He owes NOTHING to Dan Gilbert.  How do you owe a owner anything when you are a FREE AGENT..c'mon son.

3. The Cavs supporting cast was average at best.  Jamison is clearly not what he used to be, and Mo Williams was a sympathy pick as a all-star just because they had the best record.

4. Yes, LeBron was being a dickhead for the hour-long special.  Thats the only thing I see he did wrong in this situation.

laugh.gif
.  Now when Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Bird, hell even Duncan..come out in say something, then I will value such words.  

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

grin.gif

laugh.gif

How am I hating tho? ..

And didn't Lebron Go to the finals?

I would suspect that the team has gotten better since ..

they were average at best?

the had the best record the last 2 years ..

Did that *@!$$ choke and quit against boston? YES!

At the End of the day ..

When your the Man ..The best .. The proclaimed "King" ...

you're placed on a higher pedastal than others ..

++!# what the cast do .. It's gonna always fall on YOU ..

And *%%!@+ is coming up with every excuse and exit plan possible or this *@!$$
smh.gif

Ya'll *%%!@+ stay givin' this dude a pass ..

If ya'll was in Dan Gilbert shoes .. you'd be pissed too .. you can't tell me different

I'm Not mad @ him for going with the best chance of winning a ring ...

I'm bother by the way he did it ..

The greats never did no cockamamie BS like that

And that letter wasn't racist ... imo

*%%!@+ was hurt, embarrased and mad ..

hell the whole damn city was mad ..

Black and white ..

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

grin.gif

laugh.gif

How am I hating tho? ..

And didn't Lebron Go to the finals?

I would suspect that the team has gotten better since ..

they were average at best?

the had the best record the last 2 years ..

Did that *@!$$ choke and quit against boston? YES!

At the End of the day ..

When your the Man ..The best .. The proclaimed "King" ...

you're placed on a higher pedastal than others ..

++!# what the cast do .. It's gonna always fall on YOU ..

And *%%!@+ is coming up with every excuse and exit plan possible or this *@!$$
smh.gif

Ya'll *%%!@+ stay givin' this dude a pass ..

If ya'll was in Dan Gilbert shoes .. you'd be pissed too .. you can't tell me different

I'm Not mad @ him for going with the best chance of winning a ring ...

I'm bother by the way he did it ..

The greats never did no cockamamie BS like that

And that letter wasn't racist ... imo

*%%!@+ was hurt, embarrased and mad ..

hell the whole damn city was mad ..

Black and white ..

Deuce,

I see where you going with the quotes, but, you gotta realize that some of those -- particular Otis Smith -- is jaded.

That bamma got his spot taken by Terry Cath. on an expansion team, and is now the GM of the team in the same state as Miami, so I don't even know why he's even on your list.

Let's look at your list:
Reggie
Webber
Barkley
Otis Smith

Notice bammas talking that have NO rings themselves,  lol, N-O-N-E.

Why won't you quote Kobe's comments on that list, or Noah's, Eric Snow, or Steve Smith, or Kevin McHale's?

Deuce,

I see where you going with the quotes, but, you gotta realize that some of those -- particular Otis Smith -- is jaded.

That bamma got his spot taken by Terry Cath. on an expansion team, and is now the GM of the team in the same state as Miami, so I don't even know why he's even on your list.

Let's look at your list:
Reggie
Webber
Barkley
Otis Smith

Notice bammas talking that have NO rings themselves,  lol, N-O-N-E.

Why won't you quote Kobe's comments on that list, or Noah's, Eric Snow, or Steve Smith, or Kevin McHale's?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Chris Webber:

Not knocking the messenger, but, Cuz, you being IN D.C area...

You should know if ANYONE has a nerve, as far as reflecting on one's career, it's C-Web.

This was about what a MAN WANTED to do.  Not what others wanted him to do.

If its a lose/lose either way (by the way y'all talking), hell, might as well make "happiness" a priority, right?

Maybe its just me...................................................................................

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Chris Webber:

You should know if ANYONE has a nerve, as far as reflecting on one's career, it's C-Web.

This was about what a MAN WANTED to do.  Not what others wanted him to do.

If its a lose/lose either way (by the way y'all talking), hell, might as well make "happiness" a priority, right?

Maybe its just me...................................................................................

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Dawg, that's DAN GILBERT'S fault, which many sportswriters have already addressed.

Take you and I for example?

How much respect would you have for me, as a brother and friend, if I carried you in that regard?

It'll be on some Coming to America *@#!.  "Whatever kinda food you like.............."

There would be no respect.  That's just relationships 101.

Now you spoiled the baby, and you want to be the parent crying that your baby is spoiled?

Whatever.

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Dawg, that's DAN GILBERT'S fault, which many sportswriters have already addressed.

How much respect would you have for me, as a brother and friend, if I carried you in that regard?

It'll be on some Coming to America *@#!.  "Whatever kinda food you like.............."

There would be no respect.  That's just relationships 101.

Now you spoiled the baby, and you want to be the parent crying that your baby is spoiled?

Whatever.

Dev,

I also understand about Dan Gilbert being pissed.

But, you gotta look at it from a business perspective.

He's a billionaire.

And there is only a three ways to become that in this country legally -- you born into it, you step on others over time to get it, or you just flat out lucky (i.e. lottery or rare skill).

He's made his living BEING Lebron on business ventures. And obviously, he's won more than he's lost.

Only thing is, he wanted us to take his letter like he's another "common man just trying make a living" and he's not. That's the issue.

You know how a chick acts when you cut off that bread, lol. But, usually, a good chick does all she can to make sure that won't happen.

Dev,

He's a billionaire.

And there is only a three ways to become that in this country legally -- you born into it, you step on others over time to get it, or you just flat out lucky (i.e. lottery or rare skill).

He's made his living BEING Lebron on business ventures. And obviously, he's won more than he's lost.

Only thing is, he wanted us to take his letter like he's another "common man just trying make a living" and he's not. That's the issue.

You know how a chick acts when you cut off that bread, lol. But, usually, a good chick does all she can to make sure that won't happen.

I swear some of ya'll bammas hate just to hate
Nobody in here is hating in any way, shape, or form.  This is just an honest discussion with both sides stating their opinion.  There is a difference between the two.

grin.gif
) for the sake of not disappointing the city of Cleveland?
  No he shouldn't sacrifice winning a championship by not leaving Cleveland, but the way he left Cleveland leaves much to be desired for. 
2. He owes NOTHING to Dan Gilbert
You're right on that, but LeRobin does owe the Cavaliers fans alot better than that.

3. The Cavs supporting cast was average at best.
Be that as it may the Cavs had the best record for the last 2 years in the league, it's not like the team was THAT bad.

4. Yes, LeBron was being a dickhead for the hour-long special.  Thats the only thing I see he did wrong in this situation
Well at least you see that much champ, you might be farsighted if that's all you see wrong about LeBron in this situation but at least you see something.

laugh.gif
Okay, none of them won a championship but at least 2 of the players that I quoted are hall of famers which means alot.  Championships help players attain a certain amount of respect and maybe help cement careers but it's not the end all be all that make a great player.  At the end of the day there are a bunch of bums that have a ring/won a championship, there aren't alot of bums that are hall of famers.

Deuce,

That maybe true eyes, but even with that being said could there possibly be some truth in his statement regarding Lebron??   I think that could definitely be the case, I know alot of people see Lebron differently now because he chose to link up with 2 other superstars in order to win a ring instead of going a different route and trying to do it without linking up with the best of the best.

Can you tell me what they were cause I haven't heard about their comments yet??

I can't even knock you for that one. 

I swear some of ya'll bammas hate just to hate
Nobody in here is hating in any way, shape, or form.  This is just an honest discussion with both sides stating their opinion.  There is a difference between the two.

grin.gif
) for the sake of not disappointing the city of Cleveland?
  No he shouldn't sacrifice winning a championship by not leaving Cleveland, but the way he left Cleveland leaves much to be desired for. 
2. He owes NOTHING to Dan Gilbert
You're right on that, but LeRobin does owe the Cavaliers fans alot better than that.

3. The Cavs supporting cast was average at best.
Be that as it may the Cavs had the best record for the last 2 years in the league, it's not like the team was THAT bad.

4. Yes, LeBron was being a dickhead for the hour-long special.  Thats the only thing I see he did wrong in this situation
Well at least you see that much champ, you might be farsighted if that's all you see wrong about LeBron in this situation but at least you see something.

laugh.gif
Okay, none of them won a championship but at least 2 of the players that I quoted are hall of famers which means alot.  Championships help players attain a certain amount of respect and maybe help cement careers but it's not the end all be all that make a great player.  At the end of the day there are a bunch of bums that have a ring/won a championship, there aren't alot of bums that are hall of famers.

Deuce,

That maybe true eyes, but even with that being said could there possibly be some truth in his statement regarding Lebron??   I think that could definitely be the case, I know alot of people see Lebron differently now because he chose to link up with 2 other superstars in order to win a ring instead of going a different route and trying to do it without linking up with the best of the best.

Can you tell me what they were cause I haven't heard about their comments yet??

I can't even knock you for that one. 

It'll be on some Coming to America *@#!. "Whatever kinda food you like.............."

There would be no respect. That's just relationships 101.

Whatever.

The MEDIA / Sportswriters created this BEAST waaaaaaay before him homie ..

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Dev,

He's a billionaire.

Thats the thing ..

was He looking at it from a business perspective? I don't think so

If he was he wouldn't have written that

It seemed like something a fan would write ..

If Dirk did that to Mark Cuban ... He's a billionaire ..

but He's also a FAN

Mark would've did the same *#%$ .. but on live TV ..

then what would you say?

At the end of the day , you right ..

*#%$ IS business ...

But don't crucify Dan Gilbert for having no class if you gonna give Lebron a pass for being classless

It'll be on some Coming to America *@#!. "Whatever kinda food you like.............."

There would be no respect. That's just relationships 101.

Whatever.

The MEDIA / Sportswriters created this BEAST waaaaaaay before him homie ..

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Dev,

He's a billionaire.

Thats the thing ..

was He looking at it from a business perspective? I don't think so

If he was he wouldn't have written that

It seemed like something a fan would write ..

If Dirk did that to Mark Cuban ... He's a billionaire ..

but He's also a FAN

Mark would've did the same *#%$ .. but on live TV ..

then what would you say?

At the end of the day , you right ..

*#%$ IS business ...

But don't crucify Dan Gilbert for having no class if you gonna give Lebron a pass for being classless

Dev,

Cuban is a fan... about his money pimp.

Don't get it twisted.

If there wasn't a dime to be made, he wouldn't be the fan that he is in the circle he's in.

Just being real.  That's how "those" dudes are.

Dev,

Cuban is a fan... about his money pimp.

Don't get it twisted.

If there wasn't a dime to be made, he wouldn't be the fan that he is in the circle he's in.

Just being real.  That's how "those" dudes are.

Back
Top Bottom