Thoughts on trying an In-N-Out diet?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

How tall are you and how much do you weigh and what are you currently eating?

Be exact.

6'1" 155

Breakfast: eggs, turkey bacon and toast or cereal
Snack 1: trail mix, pbj or fruit
Lunch: spinach salad, turkey dogs, turkey melts or pbj
Snack 2: same as snack 1
Dinner: shrimp, chicken breast, ground turkey. usually with steamed veggies and brown rice.
Dessert: ice cream or cookies.

I don't get all of those in on a daily basis, though. Most days I miss a snack or two. Also, like I posted earlier, I have a shake pre and post workout, and at night before bed.
Not sure what your portions are like, so how many calories does your average day come out to? If you wanna be say 175, you gotta eat like you are 175.

whats your workout routine like, that could be a big part of it as well
4 days a week, do cardio for maybe 15 minutes, then lift. Do 4 sets of 8 for everything. 3-4 workouts per muscle group.

If you wanna be say 175, you gotta eat like you are 175.
I did a calculation based on some formula on mens health. Came out to me needing 3500 calories a day to gain a pound a week. I said 4000 earlier in the thread because that's what I'm trying to trick myself into shooting for
laugh.gif

4 days a week, do cardio for maybe 15 minutes, then lift. Do 4 sets of 8 for everything. 3-4 workouts per muscle group.

I did a calculation based on some formula on mens health. Came out to me needing 3500 calories a day to gain a pound a week. I said 4000 earlier in the thread because that's what I'm trying to trick myself into shooting for
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm no expert on lifting but I've done some and that doesn't sound ideal.

I started a new program last year which is all 5 sets of 5 and as soon as you can do that you add more weight - and only ever 3 exercises a day - and 3 times a week. I gained more strength and mass than I ever have - and in only a few months looked totally different. 3-4 workouts per muscle group isn't going to do much - I much prefer compound lifts and not doing lots of similar things - I only ever did deadlift, pullups, bench press, squats, shoulder press and a couple of other things - but I did them with enough weight that it was tough - if you can do 4 sets of 8 with a variety of exercises then your main ones aren't heavy enough. If you want to get stronger you need to lift heavier stuff and like I said I found 5 reps to be about right - too few and you can't do them and too many and you're not lifting enough weight.

laugh.gif

I'm no expert on lifting but I've done some and that doesn't sound ideal.

I started a new program last year which is all 5 sets of 5 and as soon as you can do that you add more weight - and only ever 3 exercises a day - and 3 times a week. I gained more strength and mass than I ever have - and in only a few months looked totally different. 3-4 workouts per muscle group isn't going to do much - I much prefer compound lifts and not doing lots of similar things - I only ever did deadlift, pullups, bench press, squats, shoulder press and a couple of other things - but I did them with enough weight that it was tough - if you can do 4 sets of 8 with a variety of exercises then your main ones aren't heavy enough. If you want to get stronger you need to lift heavier stuff and like I said I found 5 reps to be about right - too few and you can't do them and too many and you're not lifting enough weight.

Originally Posted by 916kid

try weight gainer.
cook your entire week of food to eat on sunday (or a day that your not busy)
eat nuts and peanut butter (no $#%%)
drink milk
eat oatmeal
eat eggs/meat/chicken/fish/tuna
eat every 2 hrs.

not to thread jack, but is soy milk an alternative to milk for gaining weight?  if not, then any suggestions?  milk ruins my stomach
sick.gif
, but for whatever reason I can have ice cream, cheese, and other dairy products and be fine
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 916kid

try weight gainer.
cook your entire week of food to eat on sunday (or a day that your not busy)
eat nuts and peanut butter (no $#%%)
drink milk
eat oatmeal
eat eggs/meat/chicken/fish/tuna
eat every 2 hrs.

not to thread jack, but is soy milk an alternative to milk for gaining weight?  if not, then any suggestions?  milk ruins my stomach
sick.gif
, but for whatever reason I can have ice cream, cheese, and other dairy products and be fine
ohwell.gif

Nah, I honestly have no idea
laugh.gif
....i think those stonefaces were warrented though, you need a solid well rounded diet and need to be patient...something I can't do
frown.gif

You will never gain weight brah

toothpick_one.jpg

Nah, I honestly have no idea
laugh.gif
....i think those stonefaces were warrented though, you need a solid well rounded diet and need to be patient...something I can't do
frown.gif

You will never gain weight brah

toothpick_one.jpg

when you guys suggest milk, should it be the 2% lowfat milk, regular Vitamin D milk or nonfat milk?

when you guys suggest milk, should it be the 2% lowfat milk, regular Vitamin D milk or nonfat milk?

kdawg- thanks for that advice. I definitely can't lift my max weight doing 8 reps. Gonna try your suggestion out next week.

uter zorker- shut up
laugh.gif

kdawg- thanks for that advice. I definitely can't lift my max weight doing 8 reps. Gonna try your suggestion out next week.

uter zorker- shut up
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom