Thoughts/Opinions/Reviews of the Pippen I Retro

I haven't had any experience with the retroes, but I can't see how the white colorway wouldn't sell well.

I've got a pair of OG white size 11 if anybody is interested (don't fit me).

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

^^ Sorry guys, if the whites retroed, the sales would tank.

And u know this how.....? That's just a dumb assumption wit no info to back it up. All the Pippen 1 releases did good and who cares how they sell as long as the people who want em get em as wit any shoe release. If u don't want em don't buy em. Either way the white ones will fly off the shelves so ur post is ridiculous
Well they did retro the White pair and they did TANK.
laugh.gif

Such a dope shoes all around . Love my Black / Red pair .... Still want to pick up that Black / White / Purple colorway ...

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

^^ Sorry guys, if the whites retroed, the sales would tank.

And u know this how.....? That's just a dumb assumption wit no info to back it up. All the Pippen 1 releases did good and who cares how they sell as long as the people who want em get em as wit any shoe release. If u don't want em don't buy em. Either way the white ones will fly off the shelves so ur post is ridiculous
Well they NEVER did retro the White pair and they WOULDNT TANK.

FIXED....try again...the whites never retroed....wit that high post count you think you'd be posting factual info...
smh.gif
...wow
just proves never judge a man by his post count......
roll.gif
......In case uhavent seen em heres a pic

3ad36bef4c77709b21a80a6d9f4b4a332f7e582e.pjpg

Yo! It's a shame at the fact that cats believe shoes sell right out the gate. SMH. In the history of signature shoes (hell, shoes period) the only shoesthat have ever sold out were Jordans. And heck, you couldve even got some of the early jordan retros (94) at the outlets for dirt cheap. Shoe me one shoe fromthe 90s/2000s that sold out the gate that wasent a Jordan. I'd say 80% of shoes released in the mall (especially retros from the 90s) go on sale. Justrecently with the griffey max 1, those are flying off shelves but trust me, there will be more shipments that will eventually go on sale. If you aint a Jordan,you have the potential to go on sale. So, stop it with all this foolishness about the wht/grey pippens. Just appreciate the fact that they have the possibilityof releasing. Nike signature shoes arent what they use to be so any 90s retro is appreciated to me. BTW, I had the black/red pippens back in 96/97 when i wasin 3rd grade and loved them! I bought the 2008 retro black/red and I love them as well.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Yo! It's a shame at the fact that cats believe shoes sell right out the gate. SMH. In the history of signature shoes (hell, shoes period) the only shoes that have ever sold out were Jordans. And heck, you couldve even got some of the early jordan retros (94) at the outlets for dirt cheap. Shoe me one shoe from the 90s/2000s that sold out the gate that wasent a Jordan. I'd say 80% of shoes released in the mall (especially retros from the 90s) go on sale. Just recently with the griffey max 1, those are flying off shelves but trust me, there will be more shipments that will eventually go on sale. If you aint a Jordan, you have the potential to go on sale. So, stop it with all this foolishness about the wht/grey pippens. Just appreciate the fact that they have the possibility of releasing. Nike signature shoes arent what they use to be so any 90s retro is appreciated to me. BTW, I had the black/red pippens back in 96/97 when i was in 3rd grade and loved them! I bought the 2008 retro black/red and I love them as well.
i think the original s.carters sold out instantly
sick.gif

but honestly, i was gonna grab them pips when they retro'd til they dropped in the outlets within the 1st month of release for like $50 i think.... spoiledit for me since i missed out and i knew i would be paying more.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

The OG blk/red Pippen I didn't tank in 1997. Despite the price tag, it sold really well.
yup, your talkin about when the bulls RAN S#!@

Do the OGs and retros feel the same??......... I was thinking about getting a pair of OGs..... is that a good idea?

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Do the OGs and retros feel the same??......... I was thinking about getting a pair of OGs..... is that a good idea?

i dont own a pair of og's but i really doubt if they feel like the OG's

I still need'em, But i finna wait till de price drop to 80 or lowerthen copp...Even if it takes a couple years, i aint in a rush to get'em!!!!

Why is it that ERR'Time some cat on NT thinks a shoe is hot regardless of what shoe it is.......if ever retro released, that particular shoe will sell outinstantly? How?

Are you gonna buy up ERR' Pair?!
roll.gif

Ask yourself WHY the OG Black/Red & White/Silver sold so well. Could it be because Scottie Pippen was actually WEARINGthem back in 96/97? Could it be that the Chicago Bulls LIVED on NBC back then?

Ya'll are ridiculous with this "When the white/silver colorway drop...it will sell out @#$%". No it won't!!! Like someone else stated...whenis the last time a non-Jordan retro sold out?!

Black/reds went on sale...and so would the White/Silver. Just like the Agassi's...Just like the Penny 2s...Just like the Penny 3s...Just like Penny1s...Just like the Bakins...Just like the Jason Kidds...Just like the Deions...Just like Barkleys...Just like.......

Need I continue?!

Some of ya'll need help.

U ALREADY!!!!

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Why is it that ERR'Time some cat on NT thinks a shoe is hot regardless of what shoe it is.......if ever retro released, that particular shoe will sell out instantly? How?
Ask yourself WHY the OG Black/Red & White/Silver sold so well. Could it be because Scottie Pippen was actually WEARING them back in 96/97? Could it be that the Chicago Bulls LIVED on NBC back then? NO

why do i get the feelin u talkin to me..?? i dont need to ask myself i know why, its cause the shoe is hot. Playing on NBC is no reason at all. They still playgames on NBC and i dont think every shoe they air sells out.....
laugh.gif

I could care less if Nike makes 10,000 pairs and i get the only 3 pairs sold. Everyone else is saying all this "Oh the white pair wont sell at all, thewhite pair is gonna tank like they know the future. Just tryin to hate cause they see someone likes the shoe alot. I dont care what u or anyone thinks aboutthis shoe as long as they will be worn on my feet. So fall back with the attitude its not that serious ....to me anyway. I'm coppin reguardless. TO ME thewhites are straight fire....
pimp.gif
...n thats all that matters

the blk/red 2008 retro sold pretty well, though they did not sell out but they sold very well. i seen a lot of people wearing them and still do.

i love my blk/red pair and i only stick to OG colorways , the smaller air bubble does not bother me , this is coming from a person that owned the OG's

trust me if and when the white pair release it will be the same as the blk/red ones, or they will sell less.

sneakermane wrote:

Why is it that ERR'Time some cat on NT thinks a shoe is hot regardless of what shoe it is.......if ever retro released, that particular shoe will sell out instantly? How?
Ask yourself WHY the OG Black/Red & White/Silver sold so well. Could it be because Scottie Pippen was actually WEARING them back in 96/97? Could it be that the Chicago Bulls LIVED on NBC back then? NO

why do i get the feelin u talkin to me..?? i dont need to ask myself i know why, its cause the shoe is hot. Playing on NBC is no reason at all. They still play games on NBC and i dont think every shoe they air sells out.....
laugh.gif

I could care less if Nike makes 10,000 pairs and i get the only 3 pairs sold. Everyone else is saying all this "Oh the white pair wont sell at all, the white pair is gonna tank like they know the future. Just tryin to hate cause they see someone likes the shoe alot. I dont care what u or anyone thinks about this shoe as long as they will be worn on my feet. So fall back with the attitude its not that serious ....to me anyway. I'm coppin reguardless. TO ME the whites are straight fire....
pimp.gif
...n thats all that matters

Ain't nobody fallin' nowhere! We talkin' about Pippens...not CP3!!!

The shoe sold back then because it was Scottie Pippen's FIRST signature shoe, and you saw him wearing them. Being a ChicagoBull & winning championships didn't hurt sales either. Do you know how many Chicago Bulls fans existed back in 96/97? Theywere world-wide.
laugh.gif
Only a moron would think that the man WEARING his shoe DIDN'T make cats run outand buy them. This is the shoe he wore during the 72-10 season...NUFF SAID!!!

Fast forward to present day...Scottie ain't playing anymore.

If the white/silver colorway drops...buy as many pairs as you want. Why stop at 3...cop the whole FSR at your spot. Whatever floats your boat. It wont stop mefrom buying my pair on sale. People on this thread live in the real world & know that Nike retros are easy as hell to copnowadays. No matter how nice they are, Nike ain't dropping no tier zero Pippens!

Your arguement is worthless. Who has time to hate on what you like? Who really cares what you like? Matter fact...Who the hell are you?!
roll.gif

U ALREADY!!!

Who cares....really.

The white/silvers are hot as hell, and that can NOT be denied. . . .I personally will NOT wait for them to go on sale. They are crucial to my collection.

. . . . .But yes, they will like every other shoe, go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom