Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

How many people have been slaughtered throughout history in the name if jesus/Christianity?

Even the bible speaks about people misusing scripture for their own gain.

How many people have died over money and Jordan's. Are we going to stop using money or stop wearing Jordan's?

Some people are so bitter. What had religion done to negatively affect you? I expect vague answers but im listening
Me personally, I'm not bitter at all. I think religion can do a lot of good actually. It has done a lot of good for people. If people were to follow most of these religion tenants, the world would be a better place I guess. 

The issue I have is when people actually try to say that their religion is right. It's the truth. Disregarding every other religion with 0 evidence. What about all the religions before Christianity? What does the bible say about them?

I don't like some religious texts stating their religion is the truth. It makes sense to have that in a text for people to follow it, but that's just more proof for me at least that it is man made. Why would some higher being of some sort have one specific way of following him. It's not a coincidence that the three Abrahamic religions came from the same region. People alter/adapt philosophies based on things they already know. No coincidence that other parts of the world had other religions. They weren't exposed to the teachings of Judaism. 

I'll ask you this, why do you follow Christianity specifically? Why is it the truth? Don't say that's what the bible says. I want to know why do you believe it's the truth. 

What does any of that have to do with the God of the bible? How is that proof Christianity is "right"

Confused

And you guys do know there were multiple religions before Christianity right? Many of these religions have similar stories present in the bible. What's the exact explanation in the bible for the other religions formed before and after Christianity? 
Did you not read? I said if I'm wrong, meaning I believe that a God created everything.

You're right about other religions predating CHRISTIANITY considering Jesus walk the earth well after the beginning.
Language, grammar, numbers, etc aren't the best examples of what you were trying to say. They aren't that complex for you to jump to the conclusion of a God. 

But I understand what you're saying. The complexity of the world is hard to fathom for us human beings. We look around and go this is insane and immediately jump to the conclusion that this had to be ultimately created. I understand that view point, and I sometimes have those feelings as well. But, why is your God only accepting of Christianity? Why do you only think Christianity is the truth. This has less to do with the belief in a higher being and more so to do with the question of religion. I separate the two in my mind for some reason 

Last edited:
Even the bible speaks about people misusing scripture for their own gain.

How many people have died over money and Jordan's. Are we going to stop using money or stop wearing Jordan's?

True true. Money is the real god of this earth. Put it in front of anybody, devout religious cats included and see how it manipulates their behavior. We live in a time where the majority of our species worships a paper god. And for that we get the end result which is the world in it's current condition. Until we can break the monetary chains we're ******

Last edited:
True true. Money is the real god of this earth. Put it in front of anybody, devout religious cats included and see how it manipulates their behavior. We live I'm a time where the majority of our species worships a paper god. And for that we get the end result which is the world in it's current condition. Until we can break the monetary chains we're ******

#realtalk

Last edited:
But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him.

Some of your hearts 

have been made

harden by God

due to your own

choices

so nothing Christians can tell 

you will change your

hatred and disbelief

of the Son of God

God is in control

at this point

Last edited:
Let's say hypothetically the God of the bible is the wrong one. You'd still be hard pressed and coming up short explaining the very basics of life as we know it. Our numerical system. The many layer of grammar and speech. The alphabetical systems used around the world. Phrases, noun, verbs, pronoun's, adjectives, etc etc. Life and this world is very complex. We may have some things figured out and our own theories about everything else. To me, there is too much unexplained to happen by chance.
How does the complexity of life or the fact that there is unexplained phenomena lead to the conclusion that a god must be responsible?

What does any of that have to do with the God of the bible? How is that proof Christianity is "right"

Confused

And you guys do know there were multiple religions before Christianity right? Many of these religions have similar stories present in the bible. What's the exact explanation in the bible for the other religions formed before and after Christianity? 
There is no "proof" that any religion is the "right" one

There were hundreds of religions before Christianity. Jesus was a Jew and taught a form of Judaism. Their scriptures are the Old Testament, which is also known as the Hebrew Bible. They believed in God and kept his commandments. Jesus was born Jewish. Judaism, the sister religion to Christianity, is based on the Old Testament of the Bible

I'm not a Christian, but from my knowledge Christianity is based off of God, father, son, holy spirit, Jesus Christ. While other religions are based off the writings of man: Islam is based on the writings of Muhammad, where they worship a single, impersonal god. Mormonism is based on the writings of Joseph Smith, where they deny the eternal divinity of Jesus, believe in many gods. Many Eastern religions, including Hinduism and Buddhism, and Western new-age religions such as Christian Science essentially believe everything is god (Pantheism). These religions also teach reincarnation until the spirit reaches a level of "enlightenment" and oneness with god or the gods. I can't go into all religions, but they differ significantly enough with the basis of Christianity.

Christians would point to things that happened, like Jesus' Resurrection, to "show/prove" that their religion is right.

Jesus said that He alone was the way to the Father (John 14:6) 

Christians don't say their religion is right and all yours' are wrong to be *****. It says in the bible that they believe in. Only through believing in the teachings with an open mind/heart can you understand their perspective however.

Unfortunately, there is no middle ground

Some people are so bitter. What had religion done to negatively affect you? I expect vague answers but im listening

I'm bitter because religion was used to justify the killing and enslavement of indigenous people. It gave Europeans a means to justify killing and enslaving "godless savages."

But I have a question... What does the OP think about the 42 negative confessions of Ma'at that predate Cristainity?

The 42 Divine Principles of Maat in Budge's native English follows:
  1. I have not committed sin.
  2. I have not committed robbery with violence.
  3. I have not stolen.
  4. I have not slain men or women.
  5. I have not stolen food.
  6. I have not swindled offerings.
  7. I have not stolen from God/Goddess.
  8. I have not told lies.
  9. I have not carried away food.
  10. I have not cursed.
  11. I have not closed my ears to truth.
  12. I have not committed adultery.
  13. I have not made anyone cry.
  14. I have not felt sorrow without reason.
  15. I have not assaulted anyone.
  16. I am not deceitful.
  17. I have not stolen anyone’s land.
  18. I have not been an eavesdropper.
  19. I have not falsely accused anyone.
  20. I have not been angry without reason.
  21. I have not seduced anyone’s wife.
  22. I have not polluted myself.
  23. I have not terrorized anyone.
  24. I have not disobeyed the Law.
  25. I have not been exclusively angry.
  26. I have not cursed God/Goddess.
  27. I have not behaved with violence.
  28. I have not caused disruption of peace.
  29. I have not acted hastily or without thought.
  30. I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.
  31. I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.
  32. I have not worked evil.
  33. I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.
  34. I have not polluted the water.
  35. I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.
  36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.
  37. I have not placed myself on a pedestal.
  38. I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.
  39. I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.
  40. I have not taken food from a child.
  41. I have not acted with insolence.
  42. I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess

Why did Moses flee Egypt after having killed if there were no laws against killing in the first place?

Last edited:
This post didn't help any non-believer understand anything. Satan is innocent until God informs him to kill someone. God has killed far more people than Satan has.

Hey, I was just being honest in my findings. Satan is the destroyer, but he is still lower on the chain of hierarchy to God. He does what he does NOT through the commands of God, but of his own accord. But God still can intervene. Has God killed ppl? Yea. God sent King Saul to kill all the Amalikites down to the animals in 1 Samuel. Said leave nothing alive..... But Saul obeyed partially and kept the king alive. Long story short, king has offspring and later down the line, his descendant plots to kill all the Jews living in Persia.

I won't pretend to "got the answers," but I also believe that He knows what He's doing.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. - Isaiah 55:8

Last edited:
I'm bitter because religion was used to justify the killing and enslavement of indigenous people. It gave Europeans a means to justify killing and enslaving "godless savages."

But I have a question... What does the OP think about the 42 negative confessions of Ma'at that predate Cristainity?

3. I have not stolen.
  8. I have not told lies.
  10. I have not cursed.
  16. I am not deceitful.

Why did Moses flee Egypt after having killed if there were no laws against killing in the first place?

:smokin

Cus I dont understand how this all works in the grand sheme of it all ( life and beyond). But I will be honest with you that it does concern me. But my strong faith comforts me that He knows what is best.

Religious people, in a nutshell.

3. I have not stolen.
  8. I have not told lies.
  10. I have not cursed.
  16. I am not deceitful.

Who said there were laws against anything in that time? Where there is civilization, there are laws. Its pretty much the first thing established when land is settled and bags are unpacked. They figure out "How do we live/ coesxist together?"

After The Israelites were freed from Egytian slavery, God says: You see what I did there? Remember that and tell you descendants. If you wanna roll wit me, then you gotta get wit the program. Then He has Moses write down the laws he wants Israel to follow. They were to be a light to the world filled with other people with their other laws, gods and practices.

( Also, it wasnt just 10 commandments - there were specific commands Moses wrote on tablets-, but it was thousands of commands given out as they wandered in the wilderness, and as they lived in the promise land)

Last edited:
Who said there were laws against anything in that time? Where there is civilization, there are laws. Its pretty much the first thing established when land is settled and bags are unpacked. They figure out "How do we live/ coesxist together?"

So why did God need to even waste his time giving Moses the 10 commandments if those laws were already in place?

Also why did God harden the Phoroe's heart when Moses asked to let the Jews go? That seems rather cruel to be playing both sides like that.

So why did God need to even waste his time giving Moses the 10 commandments if those laws were already in place?

Also why did God harden the Phoroe's heart when Moses asked to let the Jews go? That seems rather cruel to be playing both sides like that.

Because clarity is everything. He could of said: Thou shall carry pigs on your heads. But wanted them to know exactly what he wanted. He just split the sea in front of them, so He has them 'open' so to speak. So they must know exactly where He stood. Love me, keep my Sabbath holy, etc.... You may not follow the law of the government, but you would definitely consider follow the law of one who did what you thought was impossible, and gave you your freedom. He wans obidience and they didn't all have obidient hearts, so he poured into them what he wanted to to obey. Weather some weren't new concepts or not are really irrelevant. What is relevant is that they kept those commands sacred and abode by them

So when Pharoahs heart was hardened by God, a plague followed after. What does this do besides annoy and kill some people? It showed everyone. Egyptians and Israelites alike that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob can do things more powereful than what magicians, wizards of the land can conceive of. Showing the mite of Lord and instilling belief and fear. If Moses had went to Pharaoh the first time and Pharoah was cool with it, those million of people following Moses would have abandoned him soon as they got half way out of Egypt."ok fam, thanks n all but we got it from here Moses. Tell that God dude we said whatup. Dueces" They would not care about the God that sent Moses. It took a great tribulation to reach a great triumph.

Last edited:
Satan is the destroyer of what? The only thing Satan is is a rebel against a tyrant.

You still haven't addressed the fact that God has killed more people than Satan has based on the bible.

Destroyer of what God has built. He's jealous and want to be God.
Sound like you sympathize with satan ( rebel against a tyrant) and hate God ( if you believe at all). Interesting.

I haven't looked into it. But if God did, it still wouldn't change anything for me. I mean, He did make us, if I accept that I must accept the antithesis aswell.

Last edited:
Because clarity is everything. He could of said: Thou shall carry pigs on your heads. But wanted them to know exactly what he wanted. He just split the sea in front of them, so He has them 'open' so to speak. So they must know exactly where He stood. Love me, keep my Sabbath holy, etc.... You may not follow the law of the government, but you would definitely consider follow the law of one who did what you thought was impossible, and gave you your freedom.

So when Pharoahs heart was hardened by God, a plague followed after. What does this do besides annoy and kill some people? It showed everyone. Egyptians and Israelites alike that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob can do things more powereful than what magicians, wizards of the land can conceive of. Showing the mite of Lord and instilling belief and fear. If Moses had went to Pharaoh the first time and Pharoah was cool with it, those million of people following Moses would have abandoned him soon as they got half way out of Egypt."ok fam, thanks n all but we got it from here Moses. Tell that God dude we said whatup. Dueces" They would not care about the God that sent Moses. It took a great tribulation to reach a great triumph.

Ok, so the 10 commandments were just to clarify that the Egyptians got it right... :lol:

As for instilling fear... why would someone who loves you want you to fear them. That creates a system when people will only worship out of fear. That makes God out to be some psychopath. I personally don't want to worship any god that would kill thousands of people just to show his mite. That's crazy.

Last edited:
"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God" Ex 34:14

You don't find it strange that God has an ego and is jealous?

What do you think about the Council of Nicea? And which branch of Christianity has it right?

Ok, so the 10 commandments were just to clarify that the Egyptians got it right... :lol:

As for instilling fear... why would someone who loves you want you to fear them. That creates a system when people will only worship out of fear. That makes God out to be some psychopath. I personally don't want to worship any god that would kill thousands of people just to show his mite. That's crazy.

I didnt see on your list where it says anything about:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
Honour thy father and thy mother
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

So they got it 60% right.

Back
Top Bottom