Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

B back later
but heres a vid that answers most your questions

start at 22.00

I watched the first video in its entirety and the scholarship shown was very sloppy. First they ask if Imhotep was Joesph and just run with that assumption without any evidence.

Then they show some janky picture of Thutmose II with the only evidence being his Jewish nose. How can I take that scholarship serious? :rofl:

The developers of that video completely ignored the Egyptian timeline. Then they talked about some random pillars and say the Egyptians erased all the evidence from Moses, again without any evidence. By time it got to the red sea information they had lost so much credibility I couldn't even take that information seriously.

That video was just another desperate attempt to latch onto real Egyptian history. Christians/Hebrews/Jews have nothing to stand on. Their oldest written manuscript is the dead sea scrolls and real scholars don't even take that seriously.

I have yet to find anyone of the Abrahamic faith to have any PRIMARY EVIDENCE of anything in the Bible, Tanakh/Pentateuch, Septuagint, LXX etc. All you have is pseudepigrapha and at the very most 2nd hand information.

I watched the first video in its entirety and the scholarship shown was very sloppy. First they ask if Imhotep was Joesph and just run with that assumption without any evidence.

Then they show some janky picture of Thutmose II with the only evidence being his Jewish nose. How can I take that scholarship serious? :rofl:

The developers of that video completely ignored the Egyptian timeline. Then they talked about some random pillars and say the Egyptians erased all the evidence from Moses, again without any evidence. By time it got to the red sea information they had lost so much credibility I couldn't even take that information seriously.

That video was just another desperate attempt to latch onto real Egyptian history. Christians/Hebrews/Jews have nothing to stand on. Their oldest written manuscript is the dead sea scrolls and real scholars don't even take that seriously.

I have yet to find anyone of the Abrahamic faith to have any PRIMARY EVIDENCE of anything in the Bible, Tanakh/Pentateuch, Septuagint, LXX etc. All you have is pseudepigrapha and at the very most 2nd hand information.
ok.

Last edited:

The only thing this thread has done for me is reinforce the idea that religion is absolute poison.
Have faith. Read the Bible with an open mind which means you can't be skeptical or think critically. Don't question what the Bible says. Don't do these things for any other religion.

No one ever answered my question.

:[ 

The only thing this thread has done for me is reinforce the idea that religion is absolute poison.
Have faith. Read the Bible with an open mind which means you can't be skeptical or think critically. Don't question what the Bible says. Don't do these things for any other religion.

Welp...that's it I guess.

PRAISE HIS NAME

The faith of a mustard seed

is all it takes

and

God will give you faith

and Truth.

Why don't you try it?

The faith of a mustard seed

is all it takes

and

God will give you faith

and Truth.

Why don't you try it?
How do you know I haven't?

This is also relevant.

Jesus wants us to have blind faith in the god of the Bible, but if we have blind faith in another god we're doomed?

Last edited:

I missed it. What was it? I don't claim to have all the answers, but I'll give your queston a shot.

I have a question for you, though: have you read the Bible? No, no, not some of it; ALL of it.

I missed it. What was it? I don't claim to have all the answers, but I'll give your queston a shot.

I have a question for you, though: have you read the Bible? No, no, not some of it; ALL of it.
Honestly, I can't remember. I'm sure over my lifetime, I've read most of the Bible. However, it's kind of pointless to read the Bible in English when you need to understand the languages used at the time and the context.

This was my question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris  

Jesus wants us to have blind faith in the god of the Bible, but if we have blind faith in another god we're doomed?

I grew up, increased in knowledge, used logic, and actually studied the Bible (key word: 'study', which is more thorough than 'read').

Me and this man may or may not share the same beliefs I definitely believe in an infinite devine force but he said the key words. He grew up. When we're 6 yrs old we think Santa claus is real but eventually as we mature, logic tells us that he's not real. Why does our progress stop as adults we're taking allegory as historical fact.

Last edited:

Honestly, I can't remember. I'm sure over my lifetime, I've read most of the Bible. However, it's kind of pointless to read the Bible in English when you need to understand the languages used at the time and the context.

This was my question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris  

Anyone can read

and study

the 

whole bible

Only reason you think there 

is a language problem is 

because its not meant

for those who do not

know God

You need the knowledge

of God, the Holy Spirit,

to understand

and thats only through

acceptance and repentance.

Don't think you can fool God

you are only fooling yourself

with half wit repentance.

To answer you

faith and full understanding

of God and his Word

only comes through acceptance

repentance

Religion is blind faith 

Like trying to enter a

foreign country

without a visa

or skydiving with

a duck on your back

Knowing God is 

Truth

Last edited:
Me and this man may or may not share the same beliefs I definitely believe in an infinite devine force but he said the key words. He grew up. When were 6 we think Santa clause is real but eventually as we mature logic tells us that he's not real. Why does our progress stop as adults we're taking allegory as historical fact.
Did you, or anyone else, see Religulous? Good film on religion and the many hypocrisies it presents in human logic.

IE: Humans believing in fairy tales when they are in the Bible but not when they are in any other book. (Like snakes with voice boxes)

But yea, folks are in denial about the influence growing up believing in something has on how you can perceive that very thing.

Did you, or anyone else, see Religulous? Good film on religion and the many hypocrisies it presents in human logic.

IE: Humans believing in fairy tales when they are in the Bible but not when they are in any other book. (Like snakes with voice boxes)

But yea, folks are in denial about the influence growing up believing in something has on how you can perceive that very thing.

Haven't seen it. I'll be sure to check it out when I get a chance tho. I never have been content with hand me down beliefs for some reason. My religion is truth. I bend the knee to truth and no other.

Back
Top Bottom