Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

i havent gone to church regularly in 8 years yet sometimes i feel god does good for me

can you unreligious fellas explain random things that happen when you least expect? uncontrollable stuff?

that to me is the ghost doing His thing and i aint a saint but some things just happen and its undefined some times

and astrologer dude told me i got solomons ring below my right index 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
i havent gone to church regularly in 8 years yet sometimes i feel god does good for me

can you unreligious fellas explain random things that happen when you least expect? uncontrollable stuff?

that to me is the ghost doing His thing and i aint a saint but some things just happen and its undefined some times

and astrologer dude told me i got solomons ring below my right index
glasses.gif
Cause and effect.

You applied for a job, interviewed and got it. Not, you applied for a job, GOD hired you.

Our subconscious works wonders...you might think it's chance, but your brain was firing it engines at what you really wanted...NOT some invisible dude.

And I still don't understand how beheading Christian children is a part of something 'better' in gods plan?

and astrologer dude told me i got solomons ring below my right index 8)

i had explosive diarrhea today. wasnt sure why.

i guess you have a point.

how about luck and unpredictable events? how do we really define fate and chance vs choosing our choices and chances are that something good/bad can occur regardless of how much analysis, reasoning, logic and stats we use to decide? basically mathematics ( besides probability/statistics) cant even explain it. statistics are only as good indicators for the current situation, it doesn't always indicate or really predict a complete and true answer every time and every type of situation in the future. things can change unless they are controlled to be fixed.

for ex

winning lotto numbers ( only probability explains the more you play and more amount you spend generally over a long period of time, then you increase your chance of winning)

there are some people who defied the odds by playing min amounts in a short period of time and won at a young age

driving down a routine path only to get hit by a drunk driver/texter

getting hit by lightning/nature related disasters that happen quickly (ground caves in)

random unprovoked assaults

Is there a karmic factor to this? what is such force and how does it occur? if we truly figured this out i think some form of proof can be made as to whether a god exists or not, or its known as something else..is it called faith or belief?

this is the eternal argument of all time: Faith vs Reason

Damn, 76 pages tho!

That's pretty amazing for a NT religion thread 
eek.gif

Last edited:
drving down a routine path only to get hit by a drunk driver/texter
Well, the driver was drunk in one case, texting in the other case. God absent.
getting hit by lightning/nature related disasters that happen quickly (ground caves in)
You're at the right place at the right time. You just dont walk out side and get hit with a bolt of lightning.

If you get sucked up by a tornado, that's your fault for not heeding the blaring of tornado alarms going off.

Soil is only as strong as it's base...the base gives away, ground caves in.
random unprovoked assaults
The choice of victim may be random, but the attacker had already thought out the attacker...just not who.
Is there a karmic factor to this? what is such force and how does it occur? if we truly figured this out i think some form of proof can be made as to whether a god exists or not, or its known as something else

science vs religion, the classic debate.

faith vs reason.

who prevails

that doctor who was proficient at saving a man's life when he was clinically declared dead manages to magically revive the man after the man visits god and heaven in his "dreams". faith vs reason

That's the thing.

Something good happened = god did is, god was there

So logically, something bad happens = god didn't do it, god wasn't there

?

I thought he was every where?

Do you talk about your faith with them or is it just something that doesn't come up?

Most of my friends are Christian.
I use to be silent and hypocritical about my faith.

Now it is who I am when I speak to them.

Last edited:
^ Do you eel disrespected/offended when atheists/non-believers who KNOW you talk about their lack of belief w/ you?

I'm not talking about a stranger on the bus, talking about how he thinks religion and religious people are stupid. He's a stranger; he doesn't know you.

I'm talking about people who KNOW you, know your faith, and constantly talk against religion.

Does that offend you? Frustrate you? Even us in the tread, has that aggravated you?

I believe in the possibility of a god. I have no proof for it, I have no proof against it. I DO however have proof against the bible.

Call me as you wish

Try a Quran. If you find a discrepency then stop reading. If you wish I can recommend a good English translation version. which doesn't do the arabic version justice.

@DarthSka

Are you no longer a believer? I remember back in 07 or so having a few respectful religious debates with you(I had a different screename then of course). You always made great points, respected others views, were open minded, and took empirical evidence and logic into consideration... but still maintained your faith(which I respected). 

Is that still the case?

That's the thing.

Something good happened = god did is, god was there

So logically, something bad happens = god didn't do it, god wasn't there

I thought he was every where?
Nah when bad things happen God is putting that person through a test.

I had one "new" Christian tell me that if everything that happens, God has a plan.

I said, "What if you break your back."

He says that God still had a plan.

Like I said before, I don't see how yall think God micromanages everything. He HAS to have this planet on auto-pilot by now

^ Do you eel disrespected/offended when atheists/non-believers who KNOW you talk about their lack of belief w/ you?

I'm not talking about a stranger on the bus, talking about how he thinks religion and religious people are stupid. He's a stranger; he doesn't know you.

I'm talking about people who KNOW you, know your faith, and constantly talk against religion.

Does that offend you? Frustrate you? Even us in the tread, has that aggravated you?
I'm sympathetic for the things that are to come if they don't accept.

No need for me to get offended or disrespected, no point.

I encourage them to talk about their faith.

You get to know a person  much better when talking about whats in their heart.

In this thread, the hurtful words will always be here as long as I boldly proclaim the Truth

so that doesn't bother me at this point.

What bothers me is I give people the simple solution for their doubts about God

to repent and receive Christ

and behold old things are passed

all things new

but people in here would rather continue to bad mouth you and God and not receive the biggest revelation

they'll have in life.

Blah zay blah.

So I'll just keep marching.

Last edited:

@DarthSka

Are you no longer a believer? I remember back in 07 or so having a few respectful religious debates with you(I had a different screename then of course). You always made great points, respected others views, were open minded, and took empirical evidence and logic into consideration... but still maintained your faith(which I respected). 

Is that still the case?
I'm glad you remember me being as such in those debates, and I take certainly take that as a compliment, so thanks.

I'd like to think that I still made solid points, that I respect others' views, that I'm open-minded, and CERTAINLY that I take empirical evidence and logic into consideration... but I have zero faith.

So to answer your original question, yes, I'm still a believer; I believe that some people need something to feel good about after the death of loved ones, and religion accomplishes that.

And I believe that some people need to feel like their OWN life isn't really over when they die, and religion accomplishes that, through promises of reincarnation, heaven, etc.

I also believe that some people know the consequences of really entertaining the thought that there might not be a supreme being, because they see how their family/friends/peers/'church club' treat those that DO entertain that thought, so they continue on the path that they know is the safest for their social status.

I believe that there are answers to the universe and life that science hasn't solved, but for some people, "I don't know" is unacceptable, and religion fills in the blank; instead of "I don't know," they can say "God!" for every unknown thing that comes up. Religion provides an answer to things that they NEED answered.

I believe that some people enjoy the feelings of in-groups, just like a chess club, or being on the football team; 'belonging' is a good feeling for some, and religion CERTAINLY accomplishes that.

And I believe that some people have been convinced that thy NEED direction, that the reason they shouldn't kill is because the bible says so; they have been convinced that morality and 'being a good person' is impossible outside of religion, so their religion gives them morality and makes them a good person.

Lastly, I believe that people are generally afraid to question answers, and w/ religion, nothing HAS to make sense. If it makes sense, great, and the praise will be "See? All things work together by the hand of The Creator." But if it doesn't make sense, "We don't understand 'his' greatness," and that's it for them. Looking deeper into why it doesn't make sense, and possibly arriving at the possibility that they be devoting their entire life to something that might not exist... scares them.

So yes, I'm still a believer. But do I believe that my goodness is tied to the words of uneducated, angry chauvinists written thousands of years ago, or that the reason we don't know certain things about science and life are because there's a supreme being behind it all, so we'll never really know? No, I no longer believe those things, and I think the more educated a person becomes, the less they'll believe that as well.

Also, the fact that you distinctly remember that I was a Christian but was open-minded, respectful, ad logical speaks VOLUMES for the fact that there are so few who fit that description; if there were droves of Christians who fit that description, it would be difficult to distinctly remember one, but the painful reality is that there are so few respectful, open-minded, logical Christians that when you meet one, you remember them. I know this is true in my life, even now. I literally have hundreds of Christian friends, and there are just 3 that I could easily and comfortably describe the way you described me; we have completely opposite views, and my friendship w/ them hasn't weakened in the slightest. They respect that they can't prove that there is a hell for me t go to, and I respect that I can't prove there is no deity for them to believe in... and we move forward with that understanding and talk **** about each other's teams, brag about our kids, and like each other's statuses.

I'm sympathetic for the things that are to come if they don't accept.

No need for me to get offended or disrespected, no point.

I encourage them to talk about their faith.

You get to know a person  much better when talking about whats in their heart.

In this thread, the hurtful words will always be here as long as I boldly proclaim the Truth

so that doesn't bother me at this point.

What bothers me is I give people the simple solution for their doubts about God

to repent and receive Christ

and behold old things are passed

all things new

but people in here would rather continue to bad mouth you and God and not receive the biggest revelation

they'll have in life.

Blah zay blah.

So I'll just keep marching.
You honestly think that "Just believe in Him, and trust that He has a greater plan" is a simple solution?

Some people need things to make sense before they go all in; some people have blind faith, which is fine, but is the VERY DEFINITION of 'sheep'... but then those 'blind faith' people get offended at being called sheep.

Don't want to be thought of as a sheep? Don't go into something blindly.

Want to have blind faith? That's absolutely your right, but that's the complete opposite of someone who is NOT a sheep, someone who goes AGAINST the grain of the moral majority, and asks questions before going all in.

And not only that, you can't MAKE yourself believe in something. I can't force myself to believe in God no matter how hard EYE try. Something would have to happen for you to just become a believer. If not, your head will still be filled with doubt.

If something doesn't make sense to someone, you can't just tell them to try and believe man.

Suit yourselves.

Am not asking you guys to try and believe.

Asking you all to trust and believe, and the 

truth and knowledge will come to you.

Anyone can try and believe, thats how most people lose

their faith.

If you know God you can't lose your faith, cuz your faith

turns to confidence in him.

Anyways, do as you do.

Last edited:
That type of stuff makes me angry too.

Some People, not all, live for their own glory these days, and only thank God for 

'aiding' them.

That is where you missed the point of what Christianity is.

Last edited:
Does it make you angry when homeless people say "its part of god plan" then die homeless

I was At this eminem concert last night and these Christians were protesting out front I had like a 20 min convo with them and pretty much agreed with most of what they were saying. After parting ways with a smile they're like so your still going inside? I was like "yeah I'm not going to hell for attending this concert" she had the most confused look on her face :lol:

Last edited:
To the non-believers.

Does it make you angry that people of faith gain a lot of success and then praise god and thank him for giving them aid on their journey to their success? ( like the millions of believers and many celebrities etc. who do so)

I've noticed that it makes people angry for some reason. Why so?
Like spoiled, rich NTers?

It's all profiting off a "belief". There's a lot of filthy rich people who are...well, filthy. They still use GOD as a crutch when there is no correlation.

God didn't make you tall to play basketball...you're parents DNAs mixed and made a KOBE BRYANT, which isn't enough, KOBE put in all that work, NOT GOD.

I can keep going but let me just debunk your asinine analogy.

Why are devout Christians some of the poorest?

Again, you only praise god when it's all gravy...not when you're living paycheck to paycheck.
I was At this eminem concert last night and these Christians were protesting out front I had like a 20 min convo with them and pretty much agreed with most of what they were saying. After parting ways with a smile they're like so your still going inside? I was like "yeah I'm not going to hell for attending this concert" she had the most confused look on her face 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
When, some fifty days after the crucifixion, the disciples began their public proclamation of the gospel, they put forward as the chief argument for their claims about Jesus the fact of His rising from the dead. 'We saw Him alive,' they asserted. Paul quotes the summary of the evidence which he himself received.

'He appeared to Cephas (i.e. Peter) then to the Twelve, then He appeared to above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain until now (c. AD 54, nearly twenty five years after the crucifixion) but some are fallen asleep; then He appeared to James [His brother], then to all the apostles' (see I Cor. xv. 5-7).

It is noteworthy that in their public references to the resurrection they did not appeal to the testimony of the women who had actually been first at the sepulchre; it would have been too easy answer:
'Oh, we know what value to attach to the visions of excitable women!'

As it was, the public proclamation of Christ as risen, and as therefore demonstrably the Messiah and Son of God, made an immediate and deep impression on the Jerusalem populace, so much so that the priestly authorities had soon to take steps in an attempt to check the new movement.

But they were unsuccessful.

If, however, Jesus had really not risen, they could surely have provided sufficient evidence to prove it. They had all the necessary power, and it was to the interest of the Roman authorities to help them. It could not have been such an insuperable difficulty to find and produce the body of Jesus, dead or (only just) alive.

It was to the interest of the Sanhedrin to produce His body, or else to procure certified evidence of its disposal.

The fact that the first story put about to counter the Christians' claim was that the disciples had stolen the body simply means that the Sanhedrin did not know what had happened to it. It must be remembered that to the apostles and their opponents alike resurrection meant one thing- resurrection of the body.

And if we ask why the Sanhedrin did not sponsor a more convincing story than that of the disciples' theft, the answer no doubt is that (as Arnold Lunn puts it) they knew what they could get away with.' They must have reviewed and regretfully dismissed several beautiful hypotheses before they settled on this as the least improbable one.

But, while Christ's resurrection was proclaimed by the early Christians as a historical event, it had more than a merely historical significance for them.

First of all, it was the grand demonstration of the Messiahship of Jesus.

It did not make Him Messiah, but it proved that He was Messiah.

As Paul says, He was 'declared to be the Son of God with power, . . by the resurrection of the dead' (Rom. i. 4).
Again, it was the grand demonstration of the power of God.
That power had been displayed many times in the world's history, but never with such magnificent completeness as in the resurrection of Christ.

Nor is this display of God's power simply an event in history; it has a personal meaning for every Christian, for the same victorious power that raised Jesus from the dead is the power which operates in His followers, achieving in their lives triumph over the dominion of evil.

Properly to appreciate the power of God in the resurrection of Christ, one must appreciate it in one's own experience. That is why Paul prayed that he might thus know Christ, and 'the power of his resurrection' (Phil. iii. 10).

Are The New Testament Documents Reliable
by FF Bruce

http://www.davidcox.com.mx/library/B/Bruce, FF - NT Documents Are they Reliable.pdf#page5

Back
Top Bottom