THREAD CLOSED

What are you most looking forward to? (Two choices allowed)

• Derek Carr's return

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Amari Cooper's third season

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Khalil Mack in his prime

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Marshawn Lynch where he belongs

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Defensive improvements

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Showdown in Mexico City

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Revenge against Kansas City

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Derek Carr And Marshawn Lynch Already “Like Brothers”
Posted: Sep 6th, 2017 | Author: RaidersBeat.com 1 Comment
Lost in headlines mostly dominated by injuries, contract disputes, and legal drama, a story has been developing in the Raiders locker room that deserves more attention. It’s the story of the NFL’s newest odd couple – Derek Carr and Marshawn Lynch. Two peas that couldn’t come from more different pods.

When Lynch signed with the Raiders, many wondered how he and Carr would co-exist. It seemed like a gamble. Forget film sessions, Beast Mode and Preach Mode were more likely to need Dr. Phil sessions, right?

Not so much.

“They’re like brothers,” says Donald Penn, who spoke on the Carr/Lynch dynamic with NFL Network’s Mike Silver. “They’re always competing about something, talking trash to each other.”

What does Lynch playfully harass his quarterback about? “Mostly, just for being white,” Lynch said in the NFL.com feature.

Lynch and Carr joke during a preseason game. (photo @gmfb)

“He calls me out,” Carr said of Lynch. “I’ll sail one in practice, and he’ll be like, ‘We are not going to win with that stupid throw.’ And I will just turn around and be like, ‘Not now, Marshawn.’ You know, the thing we didn’t realize was how funny that guy is. He’s hilarious. He was on me from the beginning.”

Maybe it shouldn’t come as a surprise that two of the most genuine dudes in the NFL have become so close, but it’s refreshing. Considering the social climate we’re in, something badly needed as well.

So go ahead, America, root for your Raiders.

Your new America’s Team.

Lmao.

Schefty's tweet doesn't really give any detail if they resolved it with a pay cut or if they will stick with the current contact. Just says they resolved their contractual differences.

My guess is Sebas took a pay cut. The Raiders had the leverage by doing all this so late in the preseason, basically not giving Sebas any opportunity to sign anywhere else.

got some new hats for the season

IMG_20170907_102100.jpg

Dang. Where'd you cop that hat on the left??

Also I am from NJ too, thinking bout hitting the skins game as well.

Raiders are good in black.
Raiders are good in white when the game is managed well by players and coaches.

Gotta be the Pats. Need KC to lose since it affects us more directly.

Speaking of hats...anyone know where I can get one of those custom beast mode dad hats? I see the ads on IG all the time, but now that I want one, they're nowhere to be found :smh:

Speaking of hats...anyone know where I can get one of those custom beast mode dad hats? I see the ads on IG all the time, but now that I want one, they're nowhere to be found :smh:

Pics? I work by the Beast Mode store. I could see wassup

KC is def gonna be a problem, If they put up 45 on the pats imagine what they gonna do to our Defense lol

Back
Top Bottom