Thriller 25: Who's copping?

Thriller 25 comes out tomorrow. I will probably be grabbing a copy just because it's MJ.

me.

i heard some preview cuts last sem @ Sony when i was there...sounds ill and revolting @ the same time...they bastardized a lot of them songs

just listened to the new remixed tracks....pure garbage. of course the original were better....i, like many others on NT, were prolly looking foward to thebillie jean remix by Kanye....and it sounds like its half-(u know what)
if you already have the thriller album (who doesnt?)...dont bother getting this...waste of money

I actually don't own a cd version of Thriller and i'm sure many around my age don't either. Its worth coppin' because the original Thrillertracks are on there. It matters what kind of fan you are. If you like commercial music you'll appreciate and enjoy the new songs added. I thought the onlysong worth mentioning that was remixed is the Akon joint he got on there. I believe its Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. Akon did his thang on that %!%.The Kanye joint is okay but it sounds like he put no effort into that song at all. There's nothing I can say about the William and Fergie tracks. Theyshouldn't have sniffed this album. They shouldn't even be allowed to buy it. Fergie killin' the mainstream right now and props to her because toher credit her singles are catchy as hell. But she doesn't have a lick of talent so why put her on this %!%? Will.I.AM actually has talent but you neverknow when he'll use it. He'll drop some heat for Nas and John Legend one day then come around and drop some garbage with Fergie.

i still have my scratched up CD of thriller from years ago..ill keep that instead.

Not until I hear it... and like it.

Til then, my Thriller vinyl will stay on blast.
smokin.gif

I bought the remastered version a few years ago...no need to waste my money.

I "copped" this one online already

laugh.gif

I can't believe the Billie Jean Kanye remix that leaked a month or so back is the actual FINISHED version.

That being said.....I'm still copping.

All of the remixes are very, very bad. Kanye and Will.i.am (not Akon) are talented, but for some reason they just completely missed here. I don't know ifthings were rushed or if they were so nervous working with MJ that they screwed it up, but the tracks are very poor.

If Will.I.Am is all on the "other" album coming out
smh.gif

BTW I'm happy with my remastered Thriller.

Nah, I woulda copped if it was the original songs, plus that unreleased song. But the remixes are god awful .... Fergie, Will.i.am ? Even Kanye's one ispretty bad. Just messes up the flow of the whole album. Hope MJ's new album isnt going to sound like those songs ... dude needs to stick to Rnb/Pop ... rapsounds terrible on his songs.

Beat It Featuring Fergie
The Girl Is Mine Featuring Will I Am
The Kanye Remix of Billie Jean

Equals A hot bag of GARBAGE

Akon sounds like he can't keep up with the pace of the song...

Dammit,Mike needs to reunited with Quincy Jones for 1 more big !+% CD release...U didn't skip a song when those 2 got together...Nothing but Classics

No more Rodney Jerkins,Please,no Will i am tracks...

got it for free. i intern @ a Sony subsidiary so they were giving out copies..

it's good so far...the new tracks gonna f it up.

Upon reading all your threads here, I was very on the fence about it. I have several copies on vinyl ('cuz really, who can have too many of those aroundthe house). I heard about the remixing of the songs, and I smelled something bad. Last night, heard the Will.I.Am joint, WHAT WAS HE THINKING!? I think I willpass this time around. How much more butchering of classic music will we have to endure?????

Back
Top Bottom