Timbaland Says Hes Done With Hip-Hop

timbaland set a whole sound in his generation (aka 95-2001) that squad of cats.
but for today, hes past his prime.
some beat smiths have been able to adapt (swizz beatz,Dre) but alot just fade away (every "hot" ny or la producer)

and lil wayne is his generation. dudes first album droped in 99. tha block is hot. its always funny that people forget that wayne been in the game for a verylong time.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Timbo didn't really fall off...Dude Danja produced FS/LS, and Shock Value which both had pretty good beats. He just isn't good as a Hip-Hop producer now which doesn't matter really because he has been pop for a long time. I wouldn't ever really say he was specifically a hip-hop producer, his style was too much of it's own deal for me to call it that.

Timbo>>Neptunes. Dude birthed their style and did it way better. The production on Missy's albums were bananas. Y'all may not like him but dudeis responsible for so much sound produced this decade.

^ If we are including N*E*R*D work, I disagree with "birthing their sounds and doing it better." I'm not gonna sit here and say Tim didn'thave a big influence on them, because he obviously did.

The Neptunes definitely have their own, unique sound though. Just because it's futuristic/ahead of it's time doesn't necessarily mean they'rebiting Tim IMO.

"Profess you love the Hov, and I'll never let you down
Get you bling like the Neptune sound"

Was'nt Danja Handz producing most of the later works from Timbo? Like since the "I'm So Fly" track

Originally Posted by HI PROFILE

Originally Posted by Physicx

he's probably close to being worth a billion $
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wait, you are exaggerating right?
go look up all the tracks timbaland has produced in his career
royalties on just justin timberlakes works = mid 8 figures

don't be fooled, producing is BIG $$, just blaze, pharell, timbo = all worth over 100 million

With that in mind I don't think you know how much a billion dollars is to say he's close to a billion.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Physicx

he's probably close to being worth a billion $
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wait, you are exaggerating right?
go look up all the tracks timbaland has produced in his career
royalties on just justin timberlakes works = mid 8 figures

don't be fooled, producing is BIG $$, just blaze, pharell, timbo = all worth over 100 million
With that in mind I don't think you know how much a billion dollars is to say he's close to a billion.
like I said, go look at ALL his tracks produced, you are problably forgetting A LOT of HUGE hits that he's produced. With royalties/pts, he can make MILLIONS (5-10+) off 1 song. It's not far fetched to say he's close to a B note

It doesn't matter. You probably considering 200 mil close to a billion. Closer than 100 mil but in general, no.

HI PROFILE

Spare yourself all the hypotheticals.

He's not worth anywhere near a billion. That's a fact. The End

Tim will always be great to me because coming from VA... he's simply a legend. He's done so much for music and his prime was one of the most enjoyabletimes in recent music history for me.

That being said, I pretty much view him as a sellout these days and I try to pretend in my mind that he's retired. Nothing he has to offer right now isanything I want to hear.

As long as The Neptunes stay ill and Danja keeps killin and doesn't turn into his mentor, then we good to go
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Black Racer X

Sell out.

Except he came in the game producing R&B not hip-hop.
...and is "leaving" the game producing Miley Cyrus and The Fray. Totally different genre as Hip-hop/R&B.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Originally Posted by GTEK

Chad Hugo > Timbaland.

Well duh, Captain Obvious. Tim can't even play the keys.

So Mozart makes better hip-hop than Chad then because he plays keys better.
I'm not sayin Chad > Timbo, cause I don't really agree. But I am saying that the logic in that last comparison that was made, islacking a great deal
laugh.gif

1. Hi Profile's estimation skills are Turrible.
    laugh.gif
  2. To say Timbo birthed the Neptunes style makes no sense. I can't even think of one song to even humor that.
  3. And just because Timbaland doesn't play instruments, that discredits him? (Well, I mean it DOES, but I never liked that "Oh, he doesn't play instruments so his music isn't as hot as people make it seem" logic).
  4. And Timbaland & Danjahandz CO-PRODUCED FS/LS.

Ya'll love biggin up the person that isn't in the spotlight. Makin it seem like Timbaland and Pharrell just show up to video shoots and dance while Danja & Chad toil away in a studio.
    laugh.gif
    There's a symmetry there.

so basically hes just following the money.....?

dudes a sell out

and dont even come in here saying 'youd do the same thing too' because this guy is already dumb rich at this point he should just be doing what heloves and I really doubt thats making beats for Miley Cirus... and this $+!%@ said she never heard a Jay song... smh

edit:
Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Ya'll love biggin up the person that isn't in the spotlight. Makin it seem like Timbaland and Pharrell just show up to video shoots and dance while Danja & Chad toil away in a studio.
laugh.gif
There's a symmetry there.
oh $%+@
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hip-hop has been done with timbaland for a couple years now. illionaire's in here going harder than ever.

Back
Top Bottom