Time for a new job.......VOL Get me outta here!

Anyone else changing employers in 2010?

I've been at my current place for the past 4 years and have achieved all I sent out to do. There is no immediate line for promotion and my boss is acertified moron. The only reason I didn't leave last year is because I wanted to have 5 weeks off for my holiday. Now that the new year has arrived I'mgetting the hell out.

I'm currently just looking at online job postings but think I should probably just approach the people I want to work for and see what is out there.

Any ideas? what are your methods? has anyone had any luck approaching employers directly even if they don't have anything available immediately?

I love my current job, but it has gotten so slow to the point where I have to call in everyday, its getting very frustrating.

I love like my job, although I would like to get paid more. Too bad the economy is terrible, especially inLA
tired.gif

I always find that when I approach people face to face regarding work,I get the "go online and blah blah blah blah blah" crap and nothing evermaterializes from me doing so.I'd recommend both methods (face to face and online) and just hope for the best!

I'm trying to get on doing security, been to 5 interviews for one job and more to go. These people are passing me around like a stripper at a Duke Lacrosseteam party
smh.gif

I'm just waiting for that big earthquake, or tornado/hurricane to hit...so i can start lootin

ehh..i pretty much got it made where im at..but i want something with better hours..but a combination of no other jobs that i want being out here...me havingto detox for a drug test..plus im making a ton of money where im at equals me not trying that hard to look for another job

I need a raise

I'm kind of screwed right now being the most experienced person at my position right now. I'm stuck closing the store every damn day that I work.Usually, the person with most seniority gets the opening shift, or choose whichever you like.

As most experienced, a lot of !%$! falls on my shoulders. I should be getting paid at least double what my counterparts are getting.

All in all, I just need to be paid appropriately, more money & more than the others around me.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I'm just waiting for that big earthquake, or tornado/hurricane to hit...so i can start lootin

that aint funny out all!!!!!.....theres people in haiti starving to death who having tooken a shower in the past week....you kno damn well that having a hugetornado or earthquake aint fun.

Originally Posted by J23S

I'm trying to get on doing security, been to 5 interviews for one job and more to go. These people are passing me around like a stripper at a Duke Lacrosse team party
smh.gif
seniosoul wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I always find that when I approach people face to face regarding work,I get the "go online and blah blah blah blah blah" crap and nothing ever materializes from me doing so.I'd recommend both methods (face to face and online) and just hope for the best!

I always get the go online crap.

He's right though you just have to do both and hope for the best.

Also try to get help from any contacts you may have

Yeah I am quitting my job in June. I get payed so good so it will hurt. I just have to buckle down and finish my last year of school or so. I'm gonna haveanxiety though, I have always worked full-time so having free time after school is gonna be a trip. I need the change though

Just bide your time until something better comes along. Use your time to learn any new skills you think would be marketable.

Originally Posted by GQ smooth 4

Anyone else changing employers in 2010?

I've been at my current place for the past 4 years and have achieved all I sent out to do. There is no immediate line for promotion and my boss is a certified moron. The only reason I didn't leave last year is because I wanted to have 5 weeks off for my holiday. Now that the new year has arrived I'm getting the hell out.

my exact situation.... I started for starbucks this week. yes I've been against them for awhile but they pay and i need a job while still in college andthey are willing to transfer me after college so i can go home.

Patiently waiting for my career to start as well. It's harding working a job that you dislike a lot, however the bills HAVE to get paid. As for the O/Pgood luck with your search bro.

if i was getting paid more, you wouldnt hear me complain or contemplate leaving.....

ugh, they laid me off and brought me back as a temp!

Oh man, I'm waiting to hear back from two interviews. One is a $5k annual raise, the other $15k. A Monday - Friday too.

Back
Top Bottom