Time will tell

wink.gif

no words of advise dog...honestly im just here to watch these salty NTers that will come into your thread and talk like they are NBA Scouts, retired NBA players or just talk sideways like they actually know what they are talking about. ive never seen so many people express jealously and just hatred until i stumbled across NT 7 years ago. It still kinda shocks me that people wall the streets with that much salt in their blood or just negativity. And mainly wait to get on the Internet to express it.

*My lil rant back to the sidelines.*

Go overseas dude. Plenty of opportunity over there to get paid to play. No matter what league you are in they almost always pay for your housing and sometimes food, then give you a stipend each month for spending money.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Go overseas dude. Plenty of opportunity over there to get paid to play. No matter what league you are in they almost always pay for your housing and sometimes food, then give you a stipend each month for spending money.

Yup try out oversea's.....make enough noise out there....meet people who know people....and you might just have a chance...I look at you bro...your 6'1 but you play like a 6'5 shooting guard slow it down a little bit... marinate the offense...create....i saw your tryout vids and it look like as soon as you grab the ball first thing on your mind was shoot...You have potential...you say you have the work ethic...all I got to say is work on your overall game, stop trying to go in a gym full of nobodys and act like your the best, and find connects man....Once you make it to the nba....shout out the NT fam

If Phil Missere can have 5+ year career overseas, you can too. Granted he's 6'9", but I don't know what's stopping you from at least exploring your options out of N. America.

He packed up and left home for Italy last month, just like that.

But what do you expect?

This is Phil Missere we're talking about.

The same kid cut from the basketball teams at Cornwall High and St. John's before working his way on to both squads.

Give Missere an opportunity, the slightest opening, and he always makes the most of it.

He's on the other end of the phone earlier this week talking about his new digs in Varese, Italy.

http://www.recordonline.c...0070504/SPORTS/705040348

but I don't know what's stopping you from at least exploring your options out of N. America.

I said I was open to playing anywhere on the globe.  The guy you mentioned more than likely has an agent or maybe he contacted the team himself.  I've done that plenty of times.  The thing is he's 6'9. I'm a guard.  Teams are always looking for bigs.  In some leagues overseas the only Americans playing are bigs. 

edit.

Just read the article.  Yeah he had an agent and has Italian parents. I looked him up acquired dual citizenship. Teams love that because now he doesn't count as an American.  Dude found a way to make it work tho.

It's important to realize in life that we all can't capture our dreams.  If everyone could, we would all be in the NBA.  I'd reccomend going to see a therapist so you can start to talk to them about why this dream means so much to you and how you can start the next phase of your life.

great read my man...i definitely can feel your pain, and it shows how much love you have for bball.  honestly, keep your head up and think of all the players that put in some CRAZY work to just get into the league:  Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, Boykins, even today in seeing JLin.
These dudes were in leagues you've never heard of.  But they kept pushin, pushing, and grinding.  As you go into these leagues, don't be a head case and network with coaches, assistants, etc....someone will eventually put in a good word for you.  If you come off as brash and with a chip on your shoulder, no one will be lookin out. (not sayin you are).  Just let them see your hunger, and know when to seize the opportunity.

The coaches and players involved in pro basketball that you know, what reasons do they give you for why you're not given a chance? If its your height, then there really isn't much you can do about that. The only thing I can say is to continue to grind it out in the semi pro leagues and try to get noticed. Chances are slim to get noticed by the NBA, but oversea teams may have scouts there who can help you out with your dream. Good Luck!

off topic, what happened with these SNs "...formerly TruthGetsBusy formerly VAsuperstar34"? 

i figure if you're a big enough jerk to get two different SNs banned on a shoe forum, then your attitude should fit right in somewhere in the league.  you got my vote.   

honestly, think about how many hunders and thousands of players around the country are better than you. The percentages of making it to any ranks of pro ball are EXTREMELY SMALL

Originally Posted by gumbottombandit

i figure if you're a big enough jerk to get two different SNs banned on a shoe forum, then your attitude should fit right in somewhere in the league.  you got my vote.   
laugh.gif

Never understood how dudes lose countless SNs like that. I think Club27 has had enough SNs to be Club94.

Originally Posted by Put em up

honestly im just here to watch these salty NTers that will come into your thread and talk like they are NBA Scouts, retired NBA players or just talk sideways like they actually know what they are talking about. ive never seen so many people express jealously and just hatred until i stumbled across NT 7 years ago. It still kinda shocks me that people walk the streets with that much salt in their blood or just negativity. And mainly wait to get on the Internet to express it.

*My lil rant back to the sidelines.*

Truer words are rarely spoken here.

The only contacts I have are in high school & college. After peepin' your videos (the one you posted here & some on your website), I see you do a lot of scoring but I don't see you handling the rock & running half court offenses. At 6"1', your not going to get many looks on teams. I hate to say it but there's lots of 6" guys that can score. The only saving grace shorter players have is if they can shoot from 3 point & mid range J. How do you think someone like Dell Curry or Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson had such a long career in the NBA.

How good is your agent? I'm not one to talk down on someone's dreams but we all have to be realistic. There aren't too many 30yr old rookies in the league. I would be content with playing overseas, have you tried the PR, Mexico and other leagues? I wish you the best of luck but don't feel depressed if you don't make it. There are a lot of people that didn't "make it".

A friend of mine is playing overseas and I think he's around 6'2-3. I think you're better than he is.

I agree with the person who said try playing overseas.

Back
Top Bottom