Times Square evacuated for "emergency investigation?"

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I have a feeling something horrible is going to happen soon, like a subway bombing, sept 11th was a loooong time ago, these dudes are itching for another attack

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have a feeling something horrible is going to happen soon, like a subway bombing, sept 11th was a loooong time ago, these dudes are itching for another attack

I hope not but I feel that sometime soon.

no seriously it is. small little instances keep happening in times square around my job that the cops keep telling us about and its kinda scary. i think whoever is plannin these things are just testing us.

a few months back there was a suspicious car parked in times square for days before anyone noticed it.. it was an oldddd model of a car with weird plates that didnt match anything.. but nothing was in it

and now another suspicious car is found.. i def think things are connected and its really scary

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

no seriously it is. small little instances keep happening in times square around my job that the cops keep telling us about and its kinda scary. i think whoever is plannin these things are just testing us.

a few months back there was a suspicious car parked in times square for days before anyone noticed it.. it was an oldddd model of a car with weird plates that didnt match anything.. but nothing was in it

and now another suspicious car is found.. i def think things are connected and its really scary
No simping no nothing stay safe. Along with everyone else out there.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

Wow I was on 34th with my boys when one of thems mom texted him and said something about a bomb in times square. Once we left the movie, we walked towards times square. NYPD blocked a few blocks. That's all I know so far.
you guys are geniuses

laugh.gif
nah it was around 11 so the bomb was "taken care of" by that time. if it was like right away @#$% no was I going to go there. There were mad tourists as usual.

Im watching the news about it now. This is kinda scary I must admit. I was just in TS with my boys and saw that it was closed off and had no idea why.

Crazy
smh.gif
smh.gif

Im just glad nothing happened, and that everyone is ok.

has anybody notice thAt the car was parked in front of viacom? that own comedy central and south park???? you don't remember that south park creator received a threat letter from islamic ppl cause of the south park episode that made fun of Muhammad? soo basically it was an act of terrorism or a coincidence

maybe this has a connection with that bomb that destroyed

the old army sign-up office four years ago  ?

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Takes our minds off a certain oil spill.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Word...

The way subways and NYC streets are a car bomb would do MAJOR damage and so many people around it

would be hard to catch before...that is if terrorists felt like attacking

just tuned in. glad all is well. hope the culprit(s) are captured, and well...hope this doesnt somehow become a racist/religious thing.

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

has anybody notice thAt the car was parked in front of viacom? that own comedy central and south park???? you don't remember that south park creator received a threat letter from islamic ppl cause of the south park episode that made fun of Muhammad? soo basically it was an act of terrorism or a coincidence

makes sense. Didnt they still release it but censor mad crap in it even after the letter was received ?

I'm starting to believe this is all propeganda. I don't care what happens here in NYC; I'm not going to let anything affect my life. I will work, take care of my family and live life prosperly. Regardless of threat. I won't let any of these people intefere with life that God has blessed me with..

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

i guess i should feel a bit relieved i dont work there now.

i'm glad no one was hurt, but afraid of what's to come ...
ohwell.gif

[h1]Pakistani Taliban claims NYC car bomb[/h1]

CAIRO – The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility in a video released Sunday for the attempted car bomb attack in New York City's Times Square.

In the 1 minute, 11 second video allegedly released by the Pakistani Taliban, the group says the attack is revenge for the death of its leader, Baitullah Mehsud, and the recent slaying of the leaders of al-Qaida in Iraq — Abu Omar al-Baghdadi and Abu Ayyub al-Masri — who were killed by U.S. and Iraqi troops last month north of Baghdad.

Despite the claim of responsibility, New York City's police commissioner said there's no evidence of a Taliban link to the failed car bomb.

On the tape, an unidentified voice speaking in Urdu, the primary language in Pakistan, also says the attack comes in response to American "interference and terrorism in Muslim Countries, especially in Pakistan for (the) Lalmasjid operation," a reference to the Pakistani army's 2007 storming of the Red Mosque in Islamabad where militants were holed up inside.

If the claim of responsibility is genuine, it would be the first time the group has struck outside of South Asia. It was no known global infrastructure like al-Qaida. In at least one past instance, the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for an attack it played no role in.

The claim, which was posted on militant websites and uncovered by the U.S-based SITE Intelligence Group, could not be immediately confirmed. The video makes no specific reference to Saturday's failed attack in New York, does not mention the attack's location or that it was a car bomb.

At the start of the video, a text in gold letters on a black background celebrates the "jaw-breaking blow to Satan's USA." As the speaker delivers the message, images of the slain militants mentioned flash across the screen. English subtitles are provided at the bottom of the screen.

Among the long list of things the attack is to avenges, the speaker also mentions U.S. drone strikes in Pakistani tribal areas that target Taliban leaders hiding there and the "abduction, torture and humiliation" of Aaria Siddiqui.

Siddiqui is a 37-year-old Pakistani scientist who was convicted in a U.S. court in February of trying to kill American service personnel after her arrest in Afghanistan in 2008. Her case has triggered anger among Pakistani extremist groups and in sections of the media.

As the message concludes, the voice calls on NATO countries — who have troops stationed in Afghanistan — to oppose "evil U.S. policies" and "sincerely apologize for the massacres in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan and Pakistani tribal areas."

The Pakistani Taliban is one of Pakistan's largest and deadliest militant groups. It has strong links to al-Qaida and is based in the northwest close to the Afghan border. The group has carried out scores of bloody attacks inside Pakistan in recent years, mostly against Pakistani targets, but it has made no secret of its hatred toward the United States.

Last year, its then commander, Baitullah Mehsud, vowed to "amaze everyone in the world" with an attack on Washington or even the White House. But Mehsud also reportedly said his men were behind a mass shooting in March 2009 at the American Civic Association in Binghamton in April 2009. That claim turned out to be false.

The claim comes a day after police in New York found a potentially powerful car bomb that apparently began to detonate but did not explode in a smoking sport utility vehicle in Times Square.

Thousands of tourists were cleared from the streets for 10 hours after two vendors alerted police to the suspicious vehicle, which contained three propane tanks, fireworks, two filled 5-gallon gasoline containers, and two clocks with batteries, electrical wire and other components, officials said.

[h1]NYPD Cmsr. refutes Taliban claim to Times Square car bomb[/h1]NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City's police commissioner says there's no evidence of a Taliban link to a failed bomb found in an SUV parked in Times Square.
Commissioner Ray Kelly says officers are on their way to a town in Pennsylvania to talk to a man who believes he may have recorded a bombing suspect on his video camera. He says a white man in his 40s was seen taking off his shirt in an alley and putting it in a bag.

In a 1 minute, 11 second video allegedly released by the Pakistani Taliban, the group says the attack is revenge for the death of its leader, Baitullah Mehsud, and the recent slaying of a leader of al-Qaida in Iraq - Abu Omar al-Baghdadi - who was killed by U.S. and Iraqi troops last month north of Baghdad.

link to the rest of the article

man, this was right in front of my office.  i'ma show up to work tomorrow in a Hurt Locker bomb disposal suit
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom